The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

2 hours ago, The Phoenix said:

The permitted limit for attendance is 500 Seated or 250 Standing.  

As things stand I understand a) you can't split the numbers between the two or b) add them together to get 750. 

Social distancing applies currently at 2m. 

The way I read it was 500 for all seater venues and 250 for those which are not. 

8 hours ago, beaver1 said:

Do Brechin have 250 season ticket holders? I'd have thought that they maybe had c100 full season ticket holders. Is that reasonable? If so it means that they would each have to bring 1.5 kids  to get to 250. How many of the 100 have 1.5 kids. And even if they do, would the kids want to go to the game (my child hates football for example). Am I missing something? By restricting to season tickets how are they going to get to 250? 

A very simplistic thought process. 

5 hours ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Brechin have been inflating their attendances for years, but they won’t have to do it on Sunday if they open up to non season ticket holders. I’d love to go and so will many others.

As far as I'm aware we have over 200 season tickets . Some of these are held by overseas fans who obviously won't make it .  They are confident of at least 200 holders taking up their place at the game .  Players families will obviously be included and the Brechin City youths teams  will be allocated the remainder , which I think is a very sensible approach. 

As Kelty pointed out , both these games could have attracted huge interest in normal circumstances . Just a shame with so much at stake. 

I don't know where you get the inflated attendance thing from. Each home game has season ticket figures included as with most other clubs . 

5 hours ago, PELE said:

I can't wait. Looking forward to the "what a sh*tey home support" chants already. 

Seriously though, no disrespect to Kelty, I would prefer Brechin to survive. I still believe the league should be expanded and have 2 up and 2 down, but it is awkward because you have both the Lowland League and Highland League below League 2.

😂😂

Totally think all the leagues need revamped from top to bottom all designed so Rangers and Celtic can play each other as often  as possible gotta be nearing its sell by date 

[emoji23][emoji23]
Totally think all the leagues need revamped from top to bottom all designed so Rangers and Celtic can play each other as often  as possible gotta be nearing its sell by date 

I agree, but if ever there was change that was going to be voted through, it probably would have been the 14-14-14 model that was spoken about in the summer but the vote didn’t pass the Premiership vote, so I doubt it’s going to happen any time soon sadly.

3 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

A very simplistic thought process. 

As far as I'm aware we have over 200 season tickets . Some of these are held by overseas fans who obviously won't make it .  They are confident of at least 200 holders taking up their place at the game .  Players families will obviously be included and the Brechin City youths teams  will be allocated the remainder , which I think is a very sensible approach. 

As Kelty pointed out , both these games could have attracted huge interest in normal circumstances . Just a shame with so much at stake. 

I don't know where you get the inflated attendance thing from. Each home game has season ticket figures included as with most other clubs . 

I’ve been at games where there weren’t even 200 and 500 quoted. I don’t why. That apart I really Hope Brechin do the business on Sunday and I’ve already said I would have loved to have been there to see Brechin win.

8 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

Cowdenbeath fans hoping Kelty fail in their bid to get into the league. No doubt theyre fearful of being overtaken by a team only two miles from Central Park.

While no one anywhere gives a shit what Raith Rovers do.

Well at 2-1 it’s certainly not game over for Brechin but I’d still put Kelty as favourites to win the playoff as I just can’t see Brechin stopping them scoring. Best chance is probably if it turns into a heads gone like Cove did against Cowdenbeath a few seasons back.
With the former Juniors starting to enter I expect the playoff will start to favour the LL/HL winner until the best of their teams are in the SPFL. Tough times for any teams near the bottom until the Pyramid settles as teams find their level.

You’ve still got a chance so best of luck and may the best team win.

Kelty have alreay beaten them at The Hedge 2-0 in the League Cup. I think a similar scoreline is likely as Brechin have to chase the game.

To think that it's less than four years since Brechin beat us in the Championship play-offs, now they're playing Kelty Hearts to stay in the league.

21 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

Kelty have alreay beaten them at The Hedge 2-0 in the League Cup. I think a similar scoreline is likely as Brechin have to chase the game.

To think that it's less than four years since Brechin beat us in the Championship play-offs, now they're playing Kelty Hearts to stay in the league.

We helped get rid of John Hughes for you . The least you could do is offer a wee bit support in return . :lol:

2 hours ago, Raith_Raver said:

Cowdenbeath fans hoping Kelty fail in their bid to get into the league. No doubt theyre fearful of being overtaken by a team only two miles from Central Park.

Tbh I don't want to see Kelty either. Dirty money is responsible for this rapid rise through the system and I hope they get found out soon.

C'mon Brechin!

16 minutes ago, Steakngravys Maw said:

Tbh I don't want to see Kelty either. Dirty money is responsible for this rapid rise through the system and I hope they get found out soon.

C'mon Brechin!

Every team hopes to fins some benefactor to bankroll the team, whether its the Old Firm, Manchester City, Ross County or Kelty, so I wouldn't criticise them for that.

Come to think of it, didn't Penman put money into Rovers when we were in the Premier league?

48 minutes ago, Steakngravys Maw said:

C'mon Brechin!

That’s quite an accusation, I assume you have some facts to back it up?

4 hours ago, Raith_Raver said:

Barry Ferguson is their manager, that’s reason enough