The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

13 minutes ago, Cold Feet said:

Dosen't change history tho.. 

No your right it doesn't, it was said tongue and cheek "change your name" but you seem to be rather upset with the whole situation.

Having 250 fans cheering Brechin on may be a huge boost on Sunday. Something the team have missed recently. How will the club make sure it is all Brechin fans and not just any old Tom, Dick (Campbell) and Harry? 

I see it will be free entry as well. Also, when they say 250, who will actually scrutinise this? 250, 350, 450, just details.  Just pack the place out to Brechin's advantage I say.

7 hours ago, PELE said:

Having 250 fans cheering Brechin on may be a huge boost on Sunday. Something the team have missed recently. How will the club make sure it is all Brechin fans and not just any old Tom, Dick (Campbell) and Harry? 

I see it will be free entry as well. Also, when they say 250, who will actually scrutinise this? 250, 350, 450, just details.  Just pack the place out to Brechin's advantage I say.

Club to be contacted prior to Friday to book place and Covid tracing forms to be filled out and shown prior to entry along with checking against season ticket list.  Entry is limited to season full season ticket holders and kids who are accompanied by full season ticket holders. No away fans or non season ticket holders. Last entry at 2.45pm as well.

Edited by greendot

Not  really the time to be a smart arse.
Tbh it looks likely that Brechin City will be off to visit some fellow bumpkin village teams up north next season while Montrose absolutely cigar their way to the heady heights of the Championship*. If that's not the time to be a smart arse I dunno what is.

*I reserve the right to withdraw this prediction if we end up finishing 7th or something.

8 hours ago, PELE said:

Dick Campbell giving Brechin a team talk wouldn’t be a bad idea.

1 hour ago, greendot said:

Club to be contacted prior to Friday to book place and Covid tracing forms to be filled out and shown prior to entry along with checking against season ticket list.  Entry is limited to season full season ticket holders and kids who are accompanied by full season ticket holders. No away fans or non season ticket holders. Last entry at 2.45pm as well.

Do Brechin have 250 season ticket holders? I'd have thought that they maybe had c100 full season ticket holders. Is that reasonable? If so it means that they would each have to bring 1.5 kids  to get to 250. How many of the 100 have 1.5 kids. And even if they do, would the kids want to go to the game (my child hates football for example). Am I missing something? By restricting to season tickets how are they going to get to 250? 

1 hour ago, Gordon EF said:

Imagine not being allowed into the football for over a year and then the first game back, getting relegated to the Highland League.

It's not all that bad. There's some fine places to go in the Highland League. 

Alternatively, they could be sent to Rothes for day one, at which point they'll all be hoping this is a nightmare they'll soon wake up from. 

Edited by Jimmy Shaker

46 minutes ago, beaver1 said:

Do Brechin have 250 season ticket holders? I'd have thought that they maybe had c100 full season ticket holders. Is that reasonable? If so it means that they would each have to bring 1.5 kids  to get to 250. How many of the 100 have 1.5 kids. And even if they do, would the kids want to go to the game (my child hates football for example). Am I missing something? By restricting to season tickets how are they going to get to 250? 

I can only imagine the club have decided 250 is the upper limit that they feel they can safely accommodate and the easiest way if not charging entry is to only allow season ticket holders in the first instance.  Potentially open it up to local youth teams nearer the time?  They would be able to have covid tracking info for their own groups.

53 minutes ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

It's not all that bad. There's some fine places to go in the Highland League. 

Alternatively, they could be sent to Rothes for day one, at which point they'll all be hoping this is a nightmare they'll soon wake up from. 

Ach, football's football at the end of the day. I'm sure there's a lot to enjoy about being in the Highland League. Lots of new grounds to visit, not playing every team four times and, for Brechin fans, hopefully not getting pumped rotten every week.

Still though, dropping out the SPFL isn't something most fans are going to be happy about.

10 hours ago, PELE said:

Shiting it for a derby next season 😂😂

3 hours ago, beaver1 said:

Brechin have been inflating their attendances for years, but they won’t have to do it on Sunday if they open up to non season ticket holders. I’d love to go and so will many others.

Guest The Phoenix

The permitted limit for attendance is 500 Seated or 250 Standing.  

As things stand I understand a) you can't split the numbers between the two or b) add them together to get 750. 

Social distancing applies currently at 2m. 

4 hours ago, Kelheart said:

Shiting it for a derby next season 😂😂

I can't wait. Looking forward to the "what a sh*tey home support" chants already. 

Seriously though, no disrespect to Kelty, I would prefer Brechin to survive. I still believe the league should be expanded and have 2 up and 2 down, but it is awkward because you have both the Lowland League and Highland League below League 2.