The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

On 30/04/2021 at 05:39, Neilly said:

Do we think the play off final will be televised?

I can't recall if these games have been televised or not in previous years on Alba or whatever but this is absolute must watch drama considering what has gone on over the previous two campaigns and all the uncertainty surrounding it all.

I wish Brechin all the best and hope they can survive but I can't help thinking the writing is on the wall. I don't know enough about the Brora side but the Kelty side would be a top four team in this leage for sure so should really deal with this Brechin side comfortably you would think. 

Won’t be televised but will be available I would think from the home clubs PPV same as rest of season. Can’t see why not.

Not sure getting in is a good idea.

Be pitch forks and bloody enrage supporters giving anything that moves a mouthful. Dont think this will help an already fragile team and a load of young guys who have not played in front of anyone before.

2 hours ago, Cold Feet said:

Not sure getting in is a good idea.

Be pitch forks and bloody enrage supporters giving anything that moves a mouthful. Dont think this will help an already fragile team and a load of young guys who have not played in front of anyone before.

Away with you.  These young lads are allegedly the future of Scottish fitba.  They can't be wrapped in cotton wool for the rest of their life surely ? 

On 06/05/2021 at 18:29, big al said:

Won’t be televised but will be available I would think from the home clubs PPV same as rest of season. Can’t see why not.

Surely such games will attract a global audience and tv deal , oops wrong thread .... 

Guest mr_malcolm
Serious question.
Which league will Brechin City play in next season?
Will you just replace Kelty Hertz in the Lowland league or will you get a place in the Highland League?

English conference

20 minutes ago, Tenkay said:

Serious question.

Will you just replace Kelty Hertz in the Lowland league or will you get a place in the Highland League?

You should probably do the teeniest bit of research on Scottish football before you start posting on a Scottish football forum.

Serious question.
Montrose and District Welfare League. I reckon they'll just about scrape a draw in the derby match against The Stables.

31 minutes ago, Left Back said:

You should probably do the teeniest bit of research on Scottish football before you start posting on a Scottish football forum.

I know  fine well Brechin is above the "cut off point" and so should go in to the Highland League.

However I thought I had heard  or read something that City had wanted to join the Lowland league instead?

That's why I'm asking. I'm not trying to be a smart cnut.

THE THING IS IN PROFESSIONAL SPORT MONEY ALWAYS TALKS IN THE LONG TERM. THATS WHY U NEED A SALARY CAP THAT HAMPERS THE BIG MONEY CLUBS . SET A MAXIMUM TOTAL SALARY CAP AT LOWEST END CLUBS NOT GRUESOME TWOSOME`s INCOME LEVEL . HOW MANY TIER 1 CHAMPIONSHIPS HAVE THOSE TWO WON BETWEEN THEM ? SIGN A PLAYER & DONT PLAY HIM/HER . THE OPPOSITION CANT THEREFORE SIGN HIM/HER !😋 .

12 minutes ago, Tenkay said:

I know  fine well Brechin is above the "cut off point" and so should go in to the Highland League.

However I thought I had heard  or read something that City had wanted to join the Lowland league instead?

That's why I'm asking. I'm not trying to be a smart cnut.

That information is all in the public domain.  30 seconds on google would stop you looking so stupid, at least on this point.

9 hours ago, Left Back said:

That information is all in the public domain.  30 seconds on google would stop you looking so stupid, at least on this point.

TBH, I never even thought about googling it.

Have took your advice and done so now.

Thanks for your help Brechin fans and good luck for the play offs!

11 hours ago, Tenkay said:

Serious question.

Despite all the hysteria on here about how Ken Ferguson and the SPFL board were in cahoots, Ken Ferguson lacked the clout necessary to get the Club 42 boundary shifted and this season's playoffs cancelled because the existing rules were clear cut and the full-time clubs that set the agenda at SPFL board level don't really give a flying one about League 2.

TBH, I never even thought about googling it.
Have took your advice and done so now.
Thanks for your help Brechin fans and good luck for the play offs!

What’s the answer? Like you I don’t know.

7 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Despite all the hysteria on here about how Ken Ferguson and the SPFL board were in cahoots, Ken Ferguson lacked the clout necessary to get the Club 42 boundary shifted and this season's playoffs cancelled because the existing rules were clear cut and the full-time clubs that set the agenda at SPFL board level don't really give a flying one about League 2.

They were anything but clear cut.  Most of the decisions this season were based around a suck it and see model. 

I know I'm in a minority but still think the SPFL should extend to include more clubs and not consign anybody to relegation. Yes, there are some progressive clubs who deserve a crack at the SPFL and Yes., Brechin have had hard time since being in the Championship but Yes, I also think the Scottish League needs a re-think from top to bottom because only 12 teams in the top flight means not enough Scottish players are getting pitch time at the top level and that in my opinion is a significant reason which has adversely affected Scotland at the national and European club level. That said, I guess I'll stay in the minority.

3 minutes ago, MOFOREVER said:

I know I'm in a minority but still think the SPFL should extend to include more clubs and not consign anybody to relegation. Yes, there are some progressive clubs who deserve a crack at the SPFL and Yes., Brechin have had hard time since being in the Championship but Yes, I also think the Scottish League needs a re-think from top to bottom because only 12 teams in the top flight means not enough Scottish players are getting pitch time at the top level and that in my opinion is a significant reason which has adversely affected Scotland at the national and European club level. That said, I guess I'll stay in the minority.

I don't many would disagree. Its just its about expanding above not below that would be the priority. 

The problem is the only ones making proposals are rearranging the bottom. 

1 hour ago, beano said:

when brechin go down will they be trying to pull the 'we have to play in the lowland' card again or are they actually going to take their medicine this time ? genuine question

Assuming Kelty don't bottle it, Brechin will have no choice on the matter because the Club 42 rule is clear cut on this and has not been modified.

3 hours ago, MOFOREVER said:

No relegation ever.  Why should clubs go into lower leagues just because they have been shit at football.  Clubs should be able to play as badly as they want without consequences.