The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

12 minutes ago, Best Team in Angus said:

Yea you are correct we were woeful again tonight 😔

Started well and were the better team for most of first half. ........ but absolutely nothing up front.  A lot of questions to be asked about the recruitment .  They all just crumpled  like a Mattalan suit. 

14 minutes ago, onecowden said:

Good luck in the playoffs. Two more games to gain some confidence. You never know.

Not if we keep losing our best  players to injuries the way we have been.  Not had the best of luck with that.  Seems to be the way it's going to be unfortunately. 

7 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Not if we keep losing our best  players to injuries the way we have been.  Not had the best of luck with that.  Seems to be the way it's going to be unfortunately. 

Brora and Kelty will be off the pace with no competitive games (although some of the Kelty players were loaned to league teams). You need to give some players a breather in preparation for the play off games. Use the guys who normally sit on the bench for the last two games. You never know, some of them may take the opportunity to stake a claim for a start in the play off games. You do create chances in games and I think it might be very similar to when we played East Kilbride four years ago. 0-0 in the first game (although we missed a penalty) and 1-1 in the second game. Both tight affairs. Good luck.

All the best in play offs . We know too well how to win those over 2 games and the stress it brings but when your team is expected to lose and go down . The pressure is off and anything can happen . Just takes a team to stick together and make a name for themselves . Good luck!

Some great memories of games between us in the past and a few memorable promotion winning games as well. 
As other Cowden supporters have already said, we have been exactly where you are now and remember all too well the stress involved in facing the possibility of dropping out of  league two  and all that entails. We may well be back in that position again soon  the way that things are going. I just wish that you could have your local support behind you when you go into these crucial games. Everyone had us going down but grit, determination and fight saw us through. 
Good luck. 

Edited by Only coo in the village

Do we think the play off final will be televised?

I can't recall if these games have been televised or not in previous years on Alba or whatever but this is absolute must watch drama considering what has gone on over the previous two campaigns and all the uncertainty surrounding it all.

I wish Brechin all the best and hope they can survive but I can't help thinking the writing is on the wall. I don't know enough about the Brora side but the Kelty side would be a top four team in this leage for sure so should really deal with this Brechin side comfortably you would think. 

1 hour ago, Neilly said:

I can't recall if these games have been televised or not in previous years on Alba or whatever but this is absolute must watch drama considering what has gone on over the previous two campaigns and all the uncertainty surrounding it all.

I wish Brechin all the best and hope they can survive but I can't help thinking the writing is on the wall. I don't know enough about the Brora side but the Kelty side would be a top four team in this leage for sure so should really deal with this Brechin side comfortably you would think. 

Much as I would like to see City stay up (and it was good to see all those Cowden fans wishing you all the best) I'm afraid I agree with Neilly. There's a Berwick Rangerish feel to this, I'm afraid.

League One to Championship final was on Alba in previous years, but not the lower ones.

7 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Much as I would like to see City stay up (and it was good to see all those Cowden fans wishing you all the best) I'm afraid I agree with Neilly. There's a Berwick Rangerish feel to this, I'm afraid.

You are slipping. There was an SPFL=senior leagues reference on the last page that you haven't responded to yet. Agree it's not looking good for Brechin, but contrary to what was in their letter to the SPFL the greater recent match practice they will have should be a net advantage rather than a problem. Brora and Kelty could effectively be in preseason form next week.

4 hours ago, Only coo in the village said:

Some great memories of games between us in the past and a few memorable promotion winning games as well. 
As other Cowden supporters have already said, we have been exactly where you are now and remember all too well the stress involved in facing the possibility of dropping out of the senior leagues and all that entails. We may well be back in that position again soon  the way that things are going. I just wish that you could have your local support behind you when you go into these crucial games. Everyone had us going down but grit, determination and fight saw us through. 
Good luck. 

Shame on him

5 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

You are slipping. There was an SPFL=senior leagues reference on the last page that you haven't responded to yet. Agree it's not looking good for Brechin, but contrary to what was in their letter to the SPFL the greater recent match practice they will have should be a net advantage rather than a problem. Brora and Kelty could effectively be in preseason form next week.

And double shame on me for missing it.

(I was just pleased with the Cowden fans' comments I skipped over that sentence. Will have to concentrate more.)