The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

11 minutes ago, Big Dougie said:

From what I am hearing this guy Kevin Mackie has a few friends at some clubs, and has been leaning heavily on them to back Brechin’s cause. Looks like those friends are on the SPFL board, pathetic really.

Not true, from what I am hearing you have embellished the info you are getting from a certain person at a certain LL club

2 minutes ago, Best Team in Angus said:

Not true, from what I am hearing you have embellished the info you are getting from a certain person at a certain LL club

I am afraid it is true my friend, and for info I have no affiliation to Kelty or have any contacts at the club, this info has came from a premier league contact. 

Edited by Big Dougie

2 hours ago, mo83 said:

So he had no influence at all?

No more than any other board member.

If he had the massive amount of power folk claim, why was there even a vote on calling the leagues and cancelling the playoffs last year? Why didn't he just demand it, since he apparently is so powerful and 'pulling the strings'?

In fact, why didn't he just place Brechin in the Championship, given he had so much power?

1 hour ago, Big Dougie said:

From what I am hearing this guy Kevin Mackie has a few friends at some clubs, and has been leaning heavily on them to back Brechin’s cause. 

Scottish football summed up in one sentence . Just change the name and club and you could be talking about any club. 

10 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Scottish football summed up in one sentence . Just change the name and club and you could be talking about any club. 

That’s probably very true.

1 hour ago, Best Team in Angus said:

1 hour ago, Big Dougie said:

From what I am hearing this guy Kevin Mackie has a few friends at some clubs, and has been leaning heavily on them to back Brechin’s cause. Looks like those friends are on the SPFL board, pathetic really.

Good friends with Douglas Park at Ibrox hence the influx of Rangers kids before the window closed.

8 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

This joke of a situation is a result of the clubs not being willing to agree to forming a contingency plan at the start of the season as suggested by the SPFL executive.  This was pointed out by many on here at the time as the pandemic wasn't going to just suddenly disappear.  

Extremely good point.

Not sure Brechin are really doing that much wrong here. Just looking out for themselves like everyone else does.

You can’t deny being put forward as a league champion with only 3 games played (not even that for some) isn’t acting purely on self interest. 
There’s no way that qualifies as any kind of league season and in all honesty is a null and void situation. 

2 hours ago, big al said:

Extremely good point.

Not sure Brechin are really doing that much wrong here. Just looking out for themselves like everyone else does.

You can’t deny being put forward as a league champion with only 3 games played (not even that for some) isn’t acting purely on self interest. 
There’s no way that qualifies as any kind of league season and in all honesty is a null and void situation. 

Have to agree with you here.  Champion of a league where some teams haven’t kicked a ball is farcical.  If this happened in another country we’d all be laughing at it and calling it tinpot.

1 minute ago, Left Back said:

Have to agree with you here.  Champion of a league where some teams haven’t kicked a ball is farcical.  If this happened in another country we’d all be laughing at it and calling it tinpot.

Scottish football entered the tinpot stage a good while ago.  In fact, the "what's the most tinpot thing you've seen in Scottish football" thread is one of the best threads on P&B.

Guest mr_malcolm
I think they will end up promoting Kelty and Brora, since they can't come to a decision about the play offs, so a 12 team League 2

So what happens the following season ? If it’s to relegate 2 teams there’s no way that would get voted in

2 hours ago, kevsmart said:

I think they will end up promoting Kelty and Brora, since they can't come to a decision about the play offs, so a 12 team League 2

Due to the f**ked up voting system in the SPFL, there is virtually no chance of any reconstruction.