The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

1 minute ago, David W said:

Just make it a straight play-off between Brora and Kelty for their place.

It should be that anyway.  Team 42 should be down automatically every season.  The only reason it isn't like that is because the SPFL still think it's 1965 and teams like East Stirling and Brechin are 'traditional Scottish League teams'.

From the Daily Record story: 

"Brechin argue whichever club finishes bottom of League Two would have played 13 games in 59 days - as opposed to two in the same period by the winners of the Lowland v Highland play-off."

Did Brechin vote to have the split and play an extra 4 games?

3 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

It should be that anyway.  Team 42 should be down automatically every season.  The only reason it isn't like that is because the SPFL still think it's 1965 and teams like East Stirling and Brechin are 'traditional Scottish League teams'.

Yup. It’s not much of a pyramid if there’s a bottleneck halfway down it.

Just now, andrew21 said:

Because the playoff rules state the teams in playoff between Highland league and Lowland league have to have iearned their place in the current season?

Ah ok,  so Brora and Kelty then.

I'm really sorry Brechin fans, but your team needs to be fucking emptied. Embarrassing stuff, should be trying to save the club on the pitch, not by begging to stop themselves from having to face the consequences. Genuinely pathetic.

14 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I agree and I bet East Stirlingshire and Berwick feel like that as well! Short termism is always a major problem; teams don't see the bigger picture, which is the fact they may end up down a level and facing a major struggle to get back up.

That said, the fact is that it isn't a straight pyramid (e.g. you literally aren't in the SPFL, you aren't in the league cup, the prize money distribution etc). There's clearly still a difference between L2 and the LL/HL. The sooner that's changed the better though.

12 minutes ago, Born To Run said:

How to win friends and influence people? Propose reconstruction with the OF Colts again. That’ll work. 🥴

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/brechin-city-plead-spfl-scrap-23947986

Then I read this! Trying to bring colts in to save your own skin? Brechin's approach to this is equally as bad as that taken by the 12 ESL teams.

So they've played a lot of games in a fairly short period, I get that.

But Kelty haven't played for about 3 months at all! And even Brora have only played twice! So your battle-hardened, match-fit Angus shock troops should easily dispose of the rusty Keltonians or Brorarians (?)

Sympathy to Brechin fans. I think you are possibly the only team managed in a slightly more catastrophic manner than mine over the last 4 years.

East Stirlingshire laying into them

2 minutes ago, David W said:

That said, the fact is that it isn't a straight pyramid (e.g. you literally aren't in the SPFL, you aren't in the league cup, the prize money distribution etc).

Not sure what you mean by that? As relegated club 42 still plays in the League Cup for one season, and gets parachute payments.

4 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

East Stirlingshire laying into them

Not sure what you mean by that? As relegated club 42 still plays in the League Cup for one season, and gets parachute payments.

They are leaving a 42 team set-up of which they are a member, and part of that membership is to be a guaranteed part of the league cup, part of the financial distribution system etc. That doesn't extend below L2. There's clearly a difference between relegating from L1 to L2 compared to L2 to LL/HL, that's why there is a parachute payment.

I'm not saying there shouldn't be automatic relegation. It's not simply a case of it being a straightforward pyramid though; it would be under one umbrella if that was the case.

44 minutes ago, Brechin City FC said:

We are an embarrassment. 

Yes it's going from bad to worse .  I just can't believe they are being this stupid.  

Absolutely raging the way the club has imploded over the last 5 or 6 years. .   David Will is surely turning in his grave just now. 

2 minutes ago, MAC THE KNIFE said:

FOOTBALL TEAMS COMPLAINING ABOUT HAVING TO PLAY TOO MANY GAMES IN A SHORT TIME.  DUE TO COVID VANCOUVER CANUCKS IN THE NHL ARE HAVING TO PLAY BETWEEN 18/4/21 & 19/5/21 NINETEEN MATCHES WITH ALL THE ASSOCIATED TRAVEL AS WELL ACROSS CANADA !!! 😛

All those Vancouver players work other jobs as well presumably?

I genuinely feel sorry for all Brechin fans but your club is now an ongoing embarrasment and needs to be emptied.

You can come back stronger but the refusal to take medicine here is a hard watch.