The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

Whether Brora or Kelty should have been declared champions or not is irrelevant. I would be agrieved if I supported one of the other teams who were in contention, but how they decide who enters the play-off makes no difference to the team finishing bottom of League 2. You finish bottom and you have to be in the play-offs. The only tenuous argument the bottom team could have is that they didn't get the full season and may have escaped last place if they had the full number of matches.

Just now, andrew21 said:

Classic case of deflection there , well done. 

Deflecting from what?   

Honestly we ( the supporters)  just want this thing decided one way or the other .  Not one Brechin fan on here has suggested anything else. 

That it can't be decided at spfl level suggests that there are a number of clubs with reservations over how this issue is being dealt with.  Otherwise it would have been a straight vote . 

1 hour ago, andrew21 said:

Odds on Cowdenbeath will be one of the clubs involved.

Not sure why you say this?

If Kelty managed to beat Brora it would make L2 a lot more interesting and create more interest and income for Cowden. At the moment it’s just stale.(should they also beat Brechin)

Edited by big al

50 minutes ago, andrew21 said:

Just have to see CowdenCowboys posts on here to see how the club views the matter. 

1 minute ago, big al said:

Not sure why you say this?

If Kelty managed to beat Brora it would make L2 a lot more interesting and create more interest and income for Cowden. At the moment it’s just stale.(should they also beat Brechin)

If the SFA can seek legal opinion, I don’t see the problem in Brechin doing the same.

Im sure Hearts, Partick and Stranraer would agree.

27 minutes ago, andrew21 said:

Yes that's a possibility but the other one is Cowdenbeath might think another team based a few miles from them might be taking income away from them if Kelty are successful. And as i have stated earlier just look at CowdenCowboys posts to indicate how the club might be thinking.  Nobody actually believes that spiel from him in the Central Fife Times "Come to us Highland and Lowland League clubs and discuss things" 

Findlay is a shrewd man, rarely given the credit he deserves as people focus on him singing the sash etc. from years gone by. 
While he doesn’t want it to happen, he can’t be knieve enough to think Cowden might not go down. Discussions with the non leagues to make that level more appealing for relagated teams and easier to get out of if hoping to come back up would be a smart move.

Also, Kelty doing well isn’t going to take income away from Cowden. The locals who will watch Kelty instead of possibly Cowden are already doing that as they jumped on the bandwagon since their new stadium plans and success in the non leagues. 

Edited by big al

1 hour ago, andrew21 said:

Yes that's a possibility but the other one is Cowdenbeath might think another team based a few miles from them might be taking income away from them if Kelty are successful. And as i have stated earlier just look at CowdenCowboys posts to indicate how the club might be thinking.  Nobody actually believes that spiel from him in the Central Fife Times "Come to us Highland and Lowland League clubs and discuss things" 

No indication at all of how club are thinking I just try to think about things from various perspectives rather than just one dimensionally.    Personally never once have I thought about Kelty taking income away from CFC.  I would expect it would be a positive for CFC income if Kelty were with CFC in L2.  As regards spiel well maybe I’m not as cynical as you and know the value of dialogue.  Anyway each to his own

BRORA WITHDRAW DUE TO LACK OF GAMES PLAYED. KELTY THEN PLAY BRECHIN OVER TWO LEGS USING THE RESULT FROM THE BETFRED MATCH OF 14/11/20 AS THE SCORE FOR THE FIRST LEG !. OOPS CANT DO THAT, KELTY WON THAT & ALSO SHUT BRECHIN OUT IN THE MATCH !

Edited by MAC THE KNIFE
WRONG WORD USED