The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

55 minutes ago, Big Dougie said:

I have it on good authority that Kevin Mackie is preparing a “robust” challenge to the decision to crown Kelty and Brora as champions of their respective leagues. This may have some way to run folks.

Well that shows that one of Brechin's main sponsors knows that the fix isn't in at SPFL board level and casts a new light on Ken Ferguson's departure. A move like this was to be expected. If I were a Brechin fan I'd be asking whether a bit more effort on signing players would have been a better use of his finances and energies.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

It would be embarrassing if we put up a legal challenge.  I’ve said it before but I’d rather we just got relegated than go through all that.

However questionable it is to be declaring champions after less than half a season there can’t be any doubt from our side where we deserve to be.  And it’s the decisions of the people running the club that have got us there.

10 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Well that shows that one of Brechin's main sponsor knows that the fix isn't in at SPFL board level and casts a new light on Ken Ferguson's departure.

...if it's true. I'm aware Mackie once sponsored Dundee and don't want to blame him for supporting his local club (he's born and bred in Brechin I believe), but as with last season I am very much against teams crying about getting what they deserve through legal means.

I have it on good authority that Kevin Mackie is preparing a “robust” challenge to the decision to crown Kelty and Brora as champions of their respective leagues. This may have some way to run folks.
Embarrassing if true. He'd be better putting his money towards the inevitable rebuild required for Brechins promotion push from the Highland League.

6 minutes ago, Aidan said:
1 hour ago, Big Dougie said:

Embarrassing if true. He'd be better putting his money towards the inevitable rebuild required for Brechins promotion push from the Highland League.

Far be it from me to tell a successful businessman how to spend his money, but 100% endorse this post - if relegated need to get back up first time, imo.

If Brechin do end up in the Highland League, would they not have more chance of winning that than if they were in the Lowland League (I know they don't go to the Lowland League before anyone states this).

There seems to be more teams with money behind them at the top of the Lowland League just now.

12 minutes ago, PELE said:

If Brechin do end up in the Highland League, would they not have more chance of winning that than if they were in the Lowland League (I know they don't go to the Lowland League before anyone states this).

There seems to be more teams with money behind them at the top of the Lowland League just now.

I would think so.

However I don’t think Brechin are in a position to try and win a tier 5 league next season.  Stopping the rot will enough of a challenge. 

2 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Ah the power of the internet.  It's like a game of Chinese whispers again just like last season. 

Indeed it is, it may turn out to be complete nonsense, but then again......

3 minutes ago, Big Dougie said:

Indeed it is, it may turn out to be complete nonsense, but then again......

The scenario will only get more ridiculous as time goes on .  When folk don't get any official info they will start to work on any rumour going.   Just like last year. 

6 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

The scenario will only get more ridiculous as time goes on .  When folk don't get any official info they will start to work on any rumour going.   Just like last year. 

I think we will be better informed after tomorrow 

Just now, theoriginalhedge said:

We heard that same comment last week too . The sooner everyone knows what's happening the better. 

SPFL board meeting tomorrow, so there will definitely something to come out if it.

I certainly hope there is no legal challenge. I do think we have been embarrassed enough over the years. I understand that you have to try your best for your club and to a degree appreciate the effort. However I think take whatever medicine is coming and invest to rebuild.

SPFL may decide today and it would be Bora and Kelty who might need the legal action.

Either way if decided off the football pitch it will be a mess!