The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

4 minutes ago, Citytillidie said:

Gotta agree with you here it’s not just this season or last season that’s caused us to be club 42 it’s 5 years of poor decision making at the top that have led us to this.Does anyone known what will happen to the incorporation if we get relegated ?

The letter I was sent said it wouldn't go ahead if relegated which beggars the question what will happen and yes I'm about to ask the incorporation group that question as would have thought we could still find some investors who would back their local team but concede its a'lot more difficult. What cant happen is to continue the way we are,We never planned for the worst case scenario and low and behold we are not far off it !!

There are several rumours doing the rounds that Brechin will consider legal action in the event they are consigned to play offs/relegation, citing Brora have only played 3 games. As I said could be absolute rubbish, but I’ve now heard it from more than 1 person. It may explain Ken’s resignation from the SPFL board.

32 minutes ago, Big Dougie said:

There are several rumours doing the rounds that Brechin will consider legal action in the event they are consigned to play offs/relegation, citing Brora have only played 3 games. As I said could be absolute rubbish, but I’ve now heard it from more than 1 person. It may explain Ken’s resignation from the SPFL board.

The present  Brechin board couldn't consider much to be fair !!!  I doubt if they would have finances for such action and would expect them to ask the members, Ken Ferguson resigned due to conflict of interest I believe (which he nearly did last year ) nothing more sinister than that.

1 hour ago, citydiehard said:

I’ve tried to warn you guys for a couple of seasons now on how pish our once proud team are and how bad the club is run.I take no great delight that I have been proven correct.Once we get relegated we will find it hard to bounce back up.It’s a sad day that the town of Brechin will have not semi professional team now.Goodbye Brechin City.

You do know the Highland League teams are semi professional.

Berwick and Shire haven't folded either and are still semi-professional.

1 hour ago, Glebe_boy said:

The letter I was sent said it wouldn't go ahead if relegated which beggars the question what will happen and yes I'm about to ask the incorporation group that question as would have thought we could still find some investors who would back their local team but concede its a'lot more difficult. What cant happen is to continue the way we are,We never planned for the worst case scenario and low and behold we are not far off it !!

My concern is that if relegation this season would make it not viable, what happens if it goes ahead and we get relegated next season, or the season after that?  Investors will disappear and we will be worse off than we are now.

2 minutes ago, Brechin City FC said:

My concern is that if relegation this season would make it not viable, what happens if it goes ahead and we get relegated next season, or the season after that?  Investors will disappear and we will be worse off than we are now.

I would have thought if you invested money in shares you would have to sell them not simply withdraw them.

Worse off than now what non existent !!!! got to get investment into club or we wont exist  the constitution based members club is all very nice but we are not competing on a level playing field anymore ,so need to be well run self financing club. you have to admit that the hospitality in recent years(pre Covid) has been poor at the Glebe and doesn't encourage punters back for a good day out.

I counted it up earlier. Including the horrendous Championship season we have indeed won 17 games out of 152. Picked up 62 (SIXTY TWO) points from a possible 456 (FOUR HUNDRED AND FIFTY SIX)

In that time I genuinely reckon I could have picked guys from Facebook who would have won more points.

Shambolic.

Absolutely hilarious if true.

17 hours ago, onecowden said:

You’ve still got us twice. Beat us on Tuesday and it’s game on. It’s not over yet.

So you're telling me there's a chance (that we can pick up four years worth of wins whilst Cowden pick up nothing)?

tenor.gif

Could understand if it was different highland or lowland teams that were declared winners from last season but its not.  Better to be proactive to get system so there is more movement in pyramid so if you do go down decent chance to get back up. 

Not really sure why Brechin or any other team 42 if a miracle happens should have an issue about how the playoff teams are picked. Worst case scenario you face the best opponents that are available from the HL or LL. Best case you end up facing a team that is not as good as some of the others in the HL and LL. Plus these teams have hardly kicked a ball all season should be an advantage for T42.

I have it on good authority that Kevin Mackie is preparing a “robust” challenge to the decision to crown Kelty and Brora as champions of their respective leagues. This may have some way to run folks.

26 minutes ago, Big Dougie said:

I have it on good authority that Kevin Mackie is preparing a “robust” challenge to the decision to crown Kelty and Brora as champions of their respective leagues. This may have some way to run folks.

Silly question, but who's he?

28 minutes ago, Big Dougie said:

He's going to try and challenge how these leagues decide who their own champions are? Aye, good luck with that Kevin mate.

Just had a quick look at both the HL and LL rules and regs, and the requirement for both is to simply be top of the table at the end of the season. The HL ended their own season, and the LL put it to a vote, which the clubs voted towards ending the season with Kelty as champions.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

3 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Silly question, but who's he?

Some of the Brechin boys will know better than me, but I understand he is, or will be looking to put some finances into the club.

Edited by Big Dougie