The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

9 hours ago, RedintheBed said:

I waited a while before I wrote something so my thoughts have had time to reflect. I’ve rarely been so disappointed and angry with our whole club after today’s game. This was potentially our biggest game of the season and they lack of ability and effort from our players was pathetic. OK, we’ve had some bad luck, but these guys today couldn’t pass a ball, stick the ball in the goal from good chances and put in the effort in to get us out of this mess. I’ve followed this club for about 65 years and have been through bad times in the 60s, but even there we weren’t in danger of losing our league status. The young guys brought in will go back to their clubs with some real experience and I’m sure it will help them in the future but they’ll soon forget their time at Brechin and won’t really bother about us being out of the league. This has shown that our management structure with local enthusiasts but without forward thinking has had its day. What has happened to the new organisation? Are they holding off to see if we survive in the league? In any case, it’s time for Ferg and his cronies to go - but who will take over. There are so many critics in Brechin but nobody willing to take on the responsibilities.
Moira ......... bring me another vodka please 😡😡

Who in their right mind would take this on?

Absolute disgrace and has been for three years. Giving this jester a contract that long when we could have just give him a month-to-month one? We deserve all we get (and probably more).

8 hours ago, Neilly said:

One of your five points this season. Absolutely pathetic considering outwith the leaders it's much of a muchness.

Only way to settle this score is a trophy count of both clubs.......Discuss.

5 hours ago, Nick_BCFC said:

Who in their right mind would take this on?

Absolute disgrace and has been for three years. Giving this jester a contract that long when we could have just give him a month-to-month one? We deserve all we get (and probably more).

You obviously have no concept of the internal changes currently going on at the club. .................... Or indeed the content of the contract.

37 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

You obviously have no concept of the internal changes currently going on at the club. .................... Or indeed the content of the contract.

You obviously are in some way connected to part of the problem, constantly defending the indefensible.

13 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Yet Stenny couldn't beat them.  Funny that.

That's why he wants you to resign...

And you're hardly at East Stirlingshire levels of stinkiness. Not yet, anyway.

1 hour ago, Nick_BCFC said:

You obviously are in some way connected to part of the problem, constantly defending the indefensible.

No I went to the meetings and listened to the proposals . 

None of us know the details of the manager's contract but I am pretty confident it is not just simply a 3 year contract being handed to a novice . 

6 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

No I went to the meetings and listened to the proposals . 

None of us know the details of the manager's contract but I am pretty confident it is not just simply a 3 year contract being handed to a novice . 

I’m sure they said that the structural changes to the ownership of the club wouldn’t happen if we got relegated?

27 minutes ago, charlie king mvp said:

I’m sure they said that the structural changes to the ownership of the club wouldn’t happen if we got relegated?

Yes I would assume that would naturally be the case due to the determining factors . 

Edit........However  I believe the personnel changes on the committeee have already altered thought processes and decision making . 

Edited by theoriginalhedge

18 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Can't be arsed looking up the populations of the many Scottish towns, but with the playoffs in place, it was only a matter of time until clubs like ours were spending at least some time in the farmers / fisherman's leagues (unless we had a significant sugar daddy like Cove, Brora or Kelty).  Without the historic involvement with the SPFL, the harsh reality is that we should really be on a par (if not behind) the likes of Fraserburgh, Locos etc.  It's actually quite amazing what the club has achieved over the years, and we should be proud of it. 

The first Brechin game that I can actually remember being at was against East Stirling at Firs Park, and since then I've seen us win multiple league titles, be a replay away from  the Scottish Cup semis, get to a national cup final, play at the likes of Tannadice on league business etc.  If we end up facing the drop then it'll be another bump on one hell of a rollercoaster ride that I have absolutely no regrets about jumping on.

I like your comments and your spot on ,If we do go down maybe we could make history as the first team to come back but it will be tough.

Every bodies hurting and things have been bad over last few seasons but lets try and move forward  again and keep our club going

Hope this chat of the play-off being cancelled is nothing more than a rumour. It will be an absolute farce if they do that - it makes absolutely no sense and makes a mockery of the game.

I have nothing against Brechin but the truth is they have been pish for a few years now. They got off lucky last season but this season they must face justice in the form of a play-off, or if that can’t happen for whatever reason, a straight relegation.

1 hour ago, jamamafegan said:

Hope this chat of the play-off being cancelled is nothing more than a rumour. It will be an absolute farce if they do that - it makes absolutely no sense and makes a mockery of the game.

Indeed.  I can only imagine that most of us would rather be here on merit and not be perceived as the annoying uncle who's always at the party simply because he's part of the family.

3 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

I have nothing against Brechin but the truth is they have been pish for a few years now. They got off lucky last season but this season they must face justice in the form of a play-off, or if that can’t happen for whatever reason, a straight relegation.

I assume this is a bit of trolling again but for what it's worth will give my opinion.

I would agree up to a point that we got off  lucky last season but you could say the same for all the others in a play off position throughout the 4 leagues.   The justice you speak about , I struggle to comprehend.  Justice for what ?  A decision voted on by all SPFL clubs  to halt the leagues ?  Or simply for the fact that Tom English and the bandwagon jumpers were proven to be speaking shite and are still looking for retribution ? 

This stop /start , shortened season is hardly one to make judgement on and definitely not one in which a play off place suddenly becomes an instant relegation place. 

If there is a play off , fair enough . If there isn't it will again be down to to all the spfl clubs to decide. 

Brechin have indeed been pish for a few years now as you say , but they have only been bottom  of league 2  for one year  unlike others who have fallen by the wayside.   The club is addressing all the bad decisions made in the past are now trying to fight initially  to secure their league status   and  longer term to establish again in the higher leagues.   Performances have improved ( Saturday exluded)  but unfortunately results haven't reflected that. 

You also mention the thought of the play offs being  cancelled a farce yet you fail to highlight the farce of a club being crowned champions on the back of 3 games played . Sorry but I again go back to the justice points you made and ask you to really think about what you are suggesting. 

25 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

You also mention the thought of the play offs being  cancelled a farce yet you fail to highlight the farce of a club being crowned champions on the back of 3 games played . Sorry but I again go back to the justice points you made and ask you to really think about what you are suggesting. 

What, the two clubs denied a play-off last season who once again were top of their league when it was called off this season?

Hard to argue that they don't deserve a crack at promotion to the league. Even harder to argue when Brechin had a chance to sort things out this campaign and have failed so comprehensively to do so.

I like Brechin and would like nothing more than the club to sort itself out and survive the ordeal of a play-off. But I cannot for the life of me fathom how you could be happy with surviving-yet again- on another technicality, one which would cast the whole integrity of the fragile pyramid system / relegation play off into doubt.

It's an ordeal you have to go through and hopefully, like our club, it'll be the making of you in years to come.

28 minutes ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

What, the two clubs denied a play-off last season who once again were top of their league when it was called off this season?

Hard to argue that they don't deserve a crack at promotion to the league. Even harder to argue when Brechin had a chance to sort things out this campaign and have failed so comprehensively to do so.

I like Brechin and would like nothing more than the club to sort itself out and survive the ordeal of a play-off. But I cannot for the life of me fathom how you could be happy with surviving-yet again- on another technicality, one which would cast the whole integrity of the fragile pyramid system / relegation play off into doubt.

It's an ordeal you have to go through and hopefully, like our club, it'll be the making of you in years to come.

For the record I am definitely not against a play off taking place  , just pointing out that the goalposts have moved quite considerably since Montrose or any other club for that matter were in the play off position.  I would be quite confident that we would survive with another 18 games to play given the changes that have been made within the club  . 

It is fair enough nominating teams for the play off as that is in the constitution but declaring them champions is a bit of a stretch. 

33 minutes ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

Hard to argue that they don't deserve a crack at promotion to the league.

I see your point but the logic is flawed.  What if say Bonnyrigg or BSC Glasgow were top of the league this season when it was called?  Should they be given the playoff spot?  Or should it be given to Kelty who were last season's champions?  It certainly wasn't even a forgone conclusion they would have even won it if the season had played out to a finish!

Pos Team Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts PPG
1 Kelty Hearts (C) 25 22 2 1 95 17 +78 68 2.72
2 Bonnyrigg Rose Athletic 24 20 2 2 70 22 +48 62 2.58
3 BSC Glasgow[a] 22 16 3 3 58 21 +37 51 2.32

The whole situation is a complete mess to be honest and a lot of the blame is wrongly being pointed at Brechin as if we're the ones denying Kelty, Brora or any other team a shot at going up. 

1 hour ago, Brechin City FC said:

I see your point but the logic is flawed.  What if say Bonnyrigg or BSC Glasgow were top of the league this season when it was called?  Should they be given the playoff spot?  Or should it be given to Kelty who were last season's champions?  It certainly wasn't even a forgone conclusion they would have even won it if the season had played out to a finish!

Pos Team Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts PPG
1 Kelty Hearts (C) 25 22 2 1 95 17 +78 68 2.72
2 Bonnyrigg Rose Athletic 24 20 2 2 70 22 +48 62 2.58
3 BSC Glasgow[a] 22 16 3 3 58 21 +37 51 2.32

The whole situation is a complete mess to be honest and a lot of the blame is wrongly being pointed at Brechin as if we're the ones denying Kelty, Brora or any other team a shot at going up. 

But this whataboutery doesn't help us move any further forward. Bonnyrigg and BSC were clearly not champions, Kelty have been declared so. Similarly with Brora. No one from these leagues is contesting these outcomes.

The worst possible outcome for everyone bar Brechin City is that the play-offs are cancelled on a technicality. I supported Brechin fully against Tom English's biiter monomaniac nonsense at the curtailment of last season, but that being repeated this time around really would stink.

The play offs should go ahead, even if the circumstances are far from ideal, as has been the case for all football clubs this season. I hope you win them.