The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

9 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Think you may be underestimating the scale of the budget Brora have at their disposal. Perhaps worth bearing in mind that Cove Rangers might be in the Championship next season two years after SPFL entry and they were neck and neck with Brora in HL terms prior to being promoted.

Yeah Brora could well enter L2 and win it first time of asking akin to what Cove did. We drew with them both times in the season we came up.

I was looking forward to Brora Vs Kelty last season in the playoffs. Didn't want to see Brechin go down I must admit as I like the club.

2 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

I think the current bottom three will be lucky to survive 5 years in League 2, definitely not ten. Thankfully, we have someone backing us, or QP would make it four at real risk.

The players that QP have at their disposal I reckon it's not long before they in the championship.  Will be competing at the top end of L1 next season.

2 hours ago, Whitburn Vale said:

I have nothing but love for League 2 clubs cowboy,visited them all and had a grand day out at each of them.

Are League 2 clubs aware of who are breathing down their necks from below is the question, I hope they are...

Deveronvale are no different,the HL are currently in talks with the NRJFA,NCL and Tayside junior clubs,to form a pyramid in the north below the HL,if Vale,Fort,Strathy Jags etc aren't on it in the near future then we'll be relegated and rightly so...

I think it must be you who is out of touch if you think L2 clubs are somehow oblivious to the clubs in the LL/HL - my own club has in last few years played East Kilbride, Kelty, Brora and Cove (when they were HL).  These clubs all have people putting money in to fund their ambitions.  Bear in mind too my own club has been in the 2nd tier of Scottish football for 4 seasons in the last decade or so.  I am not sure about 'a grand day out' all very Wallace and Grommit! 

2 hours ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

I think it must be you who is out of touch if you think L2 clubs are somehow oblivious to the clubs in the LL/HL - my own club has in last few years played East Kilbride, Kelty, Brora and Cove (when they were HL).  These clubs all have people putting money in to fund their ambitions.  Bear in mind too my own club has been in the 2nd tier of Scottish football for 4 seasons in the last decade or so.  I am not sure about 'a grand day out' all very Wallace and Grommit! 

I'm well aware what Cowdenbeath have had to endure to stay in the SPFL and did well to do so.

It seems to be a touchy subject for you Cowdenbeath lads,play offs,relegation and the pyramid.

As for your last paragraph,no need to get tetchy .......

14 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Brora are a quality team who would easily hold their own in L2. Their current squad would fancy their chances against most league 1 sides. Drew 2-2 with us in the Betfred this season.

Buckie and Fraserburgh  are strong sides who could compete in L2. It's a matter of time before Fraserburgh get into L2 in my opinion. Rothes and Formartine are capable teams. Middle to Bottom end of the HL is poor

Yep, Brora and Buckie are full of ex-The Caley and Ross County youths who could easily cope with League Two and were full time at those clubs before being released.

Well that was abysmal again,another player sent off our discipline is costing us.I thought Paton and MCCabe were good appointments how wrong I was there are pish and don’t have a clue.I afraid it’s bye bye Brechin.The board have a lot to answer for letting the club go down hill so fast.

B’Jesus, the clouds are gathering over the hedge in Angus. A hard nights rain is a going to fall and Sutherland outfit is going to give that hedge a trim. Brechin City v Strathspey Thistle has a right ding a ling to it. B’Jesus it’s happening

We’re a disgrace.

The hole Paton appointment was suspicious in itself, teams not change still the same garbage to watch. Signings hopeless, team of young crap if you ask me. Don’t know if it’s just me but watching Paton’s interviews and seeing him smiling worries me, clearly doesn’t give a dam as he’ll never get the bullet.

If there is a play off and we’re in it we deserve to be relegated and there’s only one way for us after that.

We might as well just kept Wilson in charge and his players as we’ve not changed and might have saved some of OUR money.

B’Jesus, the clouds are gathering over the hedge in Angus. A hard nights rain is a going to fall and Sutherland outfit is going to give that hedge a trim. Brechin City v Strathspey Thistle has a right ding a ling to it. B’Jesus it’s happening

Think you are dismissing Kelty Hearts too easily imo.