The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

So what's everyone's thoughts personally thought we looked more like a football team and we did OK but did not really offer much going forward probably they just deserved their win but we could have sneaked a draw. Mention for Connor Barron who looks like he has a big future in the game.

Mon the City

Edited by Best Team in Angus

So what's everyone's thoughts personally thought we looked more like a football team and we did OK but did not really offer much going forward probably they just deserved their win but we could have sneaked a draw. Mention for Connor Barron who looks like he has a big future in the game.
Mon the City

As an outsider I would probably have to agree with you BTIA, I thought Brechin looked better than they did in the previous game and, certainly on paper, you’ve signed some really good players. You’ll take points off teams between now and the end of the season and you have players who will create more chances than you did yesterday, as one thing that we are as a team is defensively sound, more times than not.

6 hours ago, Best Team in Angus said:

Mon the City

Until we scored I wouldn't have bet against 0-0, but once our noses got in front an equaliser never looked on. Both teams showed the lack of recent matches and I expect us both to get better as we play more games 

You looked better organised and, fitter than our previous meeting  and have  brought in some useful looking players , I think you'll start to climb.

10 hours ago, Best Team in Angus said:

Mon the City

Thought we looked solid defensively which is a massive improvement.  Slaven held the ball up well at times but I'd have liked to see McKee get in the game a bit more.  That said, we had 8(?) new signings starting and did well considering.

Barron is a superstar at this level.

Agree with the above. Saw enough yesterday to give me optimism for what will be easier fixtures ahead. Stirling are a good side and we’re limited to very few chances. We didn’t have many openings ourselves but hopefully that’ll click.

Agree on Barron, what a terrific wee player he is and will only benefit from having the experience alongside him.

With the amount of injuries/knocks we’ve picked up in the last two games I wonder if we will look to bring in another 1 or 2 bodies,3 key players going off with injuries tonight is certainly a worry [emoji51]

From what I can make out, we’ve already got a squad of 23! The problem being is that it’s our experienced players that have picked up injuries. Can only pray that none are serious, we looked fine tonight until we lost Osman and conceded, lost Gerry then looked like the side earlier in the season.

4 hours ago, gm_1982 said:

From what I can make out, we’ve already got a squad of 23! The problem being is that it’s our experienced players that have picked up injuries. Can only pray that none are serious, we looked fine tonight until we lost Osman and conceded, lost Gerry then looked like the side earlier in the season.

Is there a limit on the squad size we can have ? Surley under the circumstances worst case scenario if most of our injuries we have picked up so far are out longer than expected that would give us justification to bring in a free agent or two till the end of the season ?.

A take it if you finish bottom this year their no play off? Lowland league null and void and all that.

The chat seems to be that even if the Lowland League and Highland League don’t start up again, they will still nominate a champion for the playoff.

Is there a limit on the squad size we can have ? Surley under the circumstances worst case scenario if most of our injuries we have picked up so far are out longer than expected that would give us justification to bring in a free agent or two till the end of the season ?.

How many players do you think we can afford to pay?

2 minutes ago, gm_1982 said:

The chat seems to be that even if the Lowland League and Highland League don’t start up again, they will still nominate a champion for the playoff.

I believe this to be correct 

4 hours ago, gm_1982 said:

I heard that too which is quite incredible . Could you imagine the same scenario in the premier and them having to nominate a champion for the champions league ?   It just wouldn't happen .  But hey ho this is Scottish fitba at its best and  if that's the way it has to be then it has to be. 

Last night's result with Brora highlights now the importance of not being club 42. 

Something has to give on automatic relegation and promotion between League 2,HL and LL.

Only a matter of time as more League 2 clubs drop out of the SPFL,the way back up to the SPFL is obstructed a bit right now.

One up(winner of HL/LL playoff)one down(bottom of League 2)and a play off between the 2nd bottom club in League 2 and loser of the HL/LL playoff.

As Hedge rightly points out about last nights result in Sutherland is a warning.

You've also got other strong outfits like Kelty,East Kilbride,Fraserburgh,Clydebank,Auchinleck Talbot,Bonnyrigg Rose and so on waiting in the wings....

57 minutes ago, Whitburn Vale said:

Something has to give on automatic relegation and promotion between League 2,HL and LL.

Only a matter of time as more League 2 clubs drop out of the SPFL,the way back up to the SPFL is obstructed a bit right now.

One up(winner of HL/LL playoff)one down(bottom of League 2)and a play off between the 2nd bottom club in League 2 and loser of the HL/LL playoff.

As Hedge rightly points out about last nights result in Sutherland is a warning.

You've also got other strong outfits like Kelty,East Kilbride,Fraserburgh,Clydebank,Auchinleck Talbot,Bonnyrigg Rose and so on waiting in the wings....

Really?

Hearts would beat Brora 99 times out of 100.   Last nights result has no bearing on the strength of the Highland League.  It was a one off outlier.