The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

1 hour ago, hedgeman83 said:
4 hours ago, chin1967 said:
You must be paddy’s mate, did you no see the Linlithgow game??

You've clearly not seen Mcminn play then

Well I’d keep him - any game I’ve watched this year he doesn’t look to blame with the constant onslaught our goalies face from teams. While ever since paddy came into the team he’s sold most the goals. Nevertheless I’m glad we’ve got Hutton now anyway, need experience right now

5 hours ago, chin1967 said:

Well I’d keep him - any game I’ve watched this year he doesn’t look to blame with the constant onslaught our goalies face from teams. While ever since paddy came into the team he’s sold most the goals. Nevertheless I’m glad we’ve got Hutton now anyway, need experience right now

McMinn will be the one that will be getting shown the door. He has cost us numerous points with his sheer stupidity at times, stuck up for him many times but enough was enough! Glad we now have an experienced keeper in Hutts with Paddy playing backup. Few more (on way) and we'll be fine.

9 minutes ago, brechincity said:

McMinn will be the one that will be getting shown the door. He has cost us numerous points with his sheer stupidity at times, stuck up for him many times but enough was enough! Glad we now have an experienced keeper in Hutts with Paddy playing backup. Few more (on way) and we'll be fine.

Spot on.  With a keeper who can take command of his box and a centre half who can put himself about and actually win headers ,I think this shows that the problem areas are being addressed. A long way to go yet though . More to come I believe. 

41 minutes ago, CowdenLoyal said:

Gerry was at us a few years ago now. In spite of being a very honest and hard working defender, he was utterly shite. Good luck to him nonetheless.

That's what the Ayr fans said as well.  With his honesty and good sense of judgement though he worked out very quickly that he had made the wrong move there also.   Some clubs are obviously not suited to some players . 

6 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Spot on.  With a keeper who can take command of his box and a centre half who can put himself about and actually win headers ,I think this shows that the problem areas are being addressed. A long way to go yet though . More to come I believe. 

Yup! Certainly is a long way to go but we are getting there. Decent keeper and a decent defense coupled with an experienced midfielder and someone who knows where the goal is and we will move up that table. Hopefully the rest are in before the SA game, but all will be revealed😏😄

They have had long enough to prove their worth to us.

Edited by brechincity

Gerry’s last club in senior football was with us and he did a really good job for us tbf. Strong in the air, good positional sense so his lack of pace isn’t too much of an issue. He’ll be fine, the type of defender Brechin need, someone that enjoys defending. 

Obviously Brechin fans are aware of his capabilities since he’s played before for youse but thought an opinion on his most recent times in senior football would be beneficial 

31 minutes ago, qpfc said:

Gerry’s last club in senior football was with us and he did a really good job for us tbf. Strong in the air, good positional sense so his lack of pace isn’t too much of an issue. He’ll be fine, the type of defender Brechin need, someone that enjoys defending. 

Obviously Brechin fans are aware of his capabilities since he’s played before for youse but thought an opinion on his most recent times in senior football would be beneficial 

I would agree with this. Not the fastest, but knows the ropes, positionally sound, and will organise around him.

This tiresome biannual "I know, but do you know? ^_^" routine has seemingly become par for the course on Brechin threads.  

Can't think of any team's fans on here that do it so much.  

Oh, you get that on the Airdrie thread as well.  I imagine all clubs have that going on around them.

Hutton is a good signing for you.  His judgement at crosses can be a bit suspect at times, and does occasionally lose the rag if thinks he's been wronged, but a better shot stopper you could not ask for.  I think all Airdrie fans would have been happy to have kept him, but he wants regular football and nobody can begrudge him that.  He'd been replaced as first choice keeper this year, but that penalty save at Celtic Park in the Cup has made him something of a cult hero.

2 hours ago, Tulloch Gorum said:

Oh, you get that on the Airdrie thread as well.  I imagine all clubs have that going on around them.

Hutton is a good signing for you.  His judgement at crosses can be a bit suspect at times, and does occasionally lose the rag if thinks he's been wronged, but a better shot stopper you could not ask for.  I think all Airdrie fans would have been happy to have kept him, but he wants regular football and nobody can begrudge him that.  He'd been replaced as first choice keeper this year, but that penalty save at Celtic Park in the Cup has made him something of a cult hero.

We had Buzz Smith doing that  for  a few years so nothing new there. Just hope he has a deeper voice than Buzz . That was the only downside of having a nutter in the goal.