The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

Did Ken Ferguson create the coronavirus? 
Anyway, Ian Murray confirmed in his post-match interview that David Hutton is leaving us so perhaps he will be Brechin bound?... 
The way some people go on you would think so. Hutton would be a good signing for us always looked good when we played airdrie

We were ahead twice today and never looked like holding on. As soon as Rose went infront there was only going to be one winner.
Embarrassing doesn’t even cover it, we are probably even too shite for the Highland League
Luckily there's no relegation from that... Yet!

26 minutes ago, Black Dug said:
2 hours ago, city_gord said:
We were ahead twice today and never looked like holding on. As soon as Rose went infront there was only going to be one winner.
Embarrassing doesn’t even cover it, we are probably even too shite for the Highland League

Luckily there's no relegation from that... Yet!

Good forward planning from Ken I assume 🙄

4 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

The whole fuckin team threw in the towel. Can't pass. Frightened to hold on to the ball . Even Inglis just about missed that second goal as he was so nervous . 

I genuinely thought you were either on the board or after a position on the board these past few months the way you’ve been defending them and the team.

Seems you’ve finally admitted to seeing what everyone else has seen for the last God knows how long.

1 hour ago, Nick_BCFC said:

I genuinely thought you were either on the board or after a position on the board these past few months the way you’ve been defending them and the team.

Seems you’ve finally admitted to seeing what everyone else has seen for the last God knows how long.

Thank f**k January is just about here . The changes can't come soon enough.  That's all I will say on the matter 

Don't know what was worse; the result or Rose's second goal.  The latter was a comical shambles that even the likes of Fort William would rightfully be pointing and laughing at. 

Hate to say it, but the inconvenient truth is that those players are not SPFL standard.  Perhaps they'll come good in time seeing as they're still young, but having seen a fair few HL games in my time, at the moment that's a Highland League standard team out there.

40 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Don't know what was worse; the result or Rose's second goal.  The latter was a comical shambles that even the likes of Fort William would rightfully be pointing and laughing at. 

Hate to say it, but the inconvenient truth is that those players are not SPFL standard.  Perhaps they'll come good in time seeing as they're still young, but having seen a fair few HL games in my time, at the moment that's a Highland League standard team out there.

Meaning this as a genuine question as I am completely ignorant as to the HL, but there seems to be a huge gulf between top and bottom of the HL, presumably with a good degree of variation in the middle. Where would you say this Brechin team fit within that?

The current structure with one relegation playoff spot with L2 and the queue of clubs waiting to come up makes it pretty daunting for anyone who is relegated from L2. Going to two automatic relegation spots from L2 would surely be best for all parties.

I must apologise. Through all the anger and frustration I realised I haven't congratulated Linlithgow for the part they played in our downfall yesterday. A real team effort from them and as the game went on they looked the only side who wanted to win . Kept everything simple , pressed us , forced mistakes , held on to the ball and cut us open time and again .  After the first equaliser you could see their confidence rising and our lot shrinking into their bawsacks. 

All the best in the next round . 

I must apologise. Through all the anger and frustration I realised I haven't congratulated Linlithgow for the part they played in our downfall yesterday. A real team effort from them and as the game went on they looked the only side who wanted to win . Kept everything simple , pressed us , forced mistakes , held on to the ball and cut us open time and again .  After the first equaliser you could see their confidence rising and our lot shrinking into their bawsacks. 
All the best in the next round . 

Never lose faith TOH. That was, by far, Lithgae's best team performance of the season. Lots of personnel changes, loan signings and injuries have meant different starting line ups every week. Started the season poorly with 4 draws and a defeat. Since then we've been grinding out results without playing good football. Tbh it's been a hard watch for a lot of it. However, games like these can galvanise squads. It may be this defeat to lower-league opposition is the kick up the jacksy your squad needs?

3 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

Meaning this as a genuine question as I am completely ignorant as to the HL, but there seems to be a huge gulf between top and bottom of the HL, presumably with a good degree of variation in the middle. Where would you say this Brechin team fit within that?

The current structure with one relegation playoff spot with L2 and the queue of clubs waiting to come up makes it pretty daunting for anyone who is relegated from L2. Going to two automatic relegation spots from L2 would surely be best for all parties.

Attacking wise, I'd put us top 4 or so.  Defensively, I'd have to say mid-table.