The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

6 minutes ago, hedgeman83 said:
13 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:
Not with that keeper

No defantly not. Do you think that's the main problem ? The defence have no confidence in him ?

Is that how we were shit up front as well ?  Trying to remain positive but its impossible to see any positives so far

Edited by Best Team in Angus

1 hour ago, Nick_BCFC said:

I think someone earlier in this thread likened Brechin to the new East Stirling - he’s not wrong..

Berwick would be more apt.  Formerly frequently in the Second Division but find themselves bottom and then have recruitment issues due to them being a bit more out of the way (and now with no hope of return any time soon).

If things continue like this for the next couple of games then Wilson has to come under huge pressure.  After last season,  he's had his chance to shape what's almost an entirely new team of his choosing. 

I'm just hoping that the Montrose / Forfar performances are more typical and today is just the result of low morale following the Utd / Saints pumpings.  *clutches straws*

1 hour ago, charlie king mvp said:

How many football clubs would finish bottom of the league three years in a row and every year decide to give the manager another go at it the season after?

This is a very good point.  With it being a shorter season we can't afford to hang on too long.  Albion Rovers away in two weeks who seem to be the team we should be aiming to finish above.  If we don't have any points on the board after that game then I think it's time to make the change.

Where's the Panic button?  I have a feeling I'll be needing it soon.

53 minutes ago, Kelheart said:

Will see when we wallop Brechin in the cup 😂😂

^^^ thinks Brechin should be  in the Highland League yet thinks that walloping Brechin would prove that the LL is not Kelty's level.

Aye, good one. 

Thought it was going to be a high press,up tempo team,with young legs.What we got was Brechins midfield standing off about 15-20 yards letting an average team run the game.Poor goals conceded in second half.The two wide men in middle never in game and Scott looked half a yard off pace up front.Was it him or Paton who scored goal?Still frightening at the back.

15 hours ago, Cold Feet said:

Not sue what to say.

Since December I have put in money for all sorts of things, fighting fund, supporters just giving, season ticket and Glebe gamble.

And for what?

Fortunately it is only a 27 game season so the pain will b over quicker.

No obvious pattern, no shape, piss poor defending, too easy for Ed to play through us, where is all that pace and power MW signed?

Even this early, we r screwed.

I’ve put money in to all the above as well and it does feel like it has been a total waste.  Somebody else said earlier they wouldn’t be putting any more money in and if there isn’t some miraculous improvement under Mark Wilson neither will I until he goes.  

If last season had reached its natural conclusion we all know how it would have finished.  Yet we decide to back Wilson and give him the opportunity to finish the job.  We did the same with Darren Dods and Barry Smith.  If you go back further the same thing happened with Jim Weir, he should have been sacked six months before he was as well.  The same mistakes over and over again have taken us from a comfortable league one side to the joke outfit we are now.