The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

Manager Wilson in his note on the city website that the results against the bigger teams doesn’t matter but the performance does.PISH. Good results and performances breeds confidence which is severely lacking at City.13 goals in two games is bloody awful.I fear another long season ahead,thank god we can’t go the the glebe.

The stats over the last couple games do not look good at all slowly getting worries for the season ahead will have to be 10x better against kelty and Peterhead.That Performace today was embarrassing from start to finish.I guess the next 5-6 games probably tell us how are season will shape up :L

3 hours ago, gm_1982 said:

We need a decent keeper. McMinn is a backup at best.

Wasn’t helped out by a dithering defence though.

TBF think your manager should take the brunt of the blame.

Midfield area was wide open so Saints could just dominate play in that area without much effort. Defenders then started getting dragged out of position, and your goalie was exposed.

Same as issues as against United...

1372189875_2strikerscausespace.thumb.jpg.6c9a9997ee8bd3db5808ad6688735686.jpg

305202441_Spaceinmidfield.thumb.jpg.ed535e91de04c20a0055b23b192c87a2.jpg

Teams will tear you apart until you stop that.

12 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

TBF think your manager should take the brunt of the blame.

Midfield area was wide open so Saints could just dominate play in that area without much effort. Defenders then started getting dragged out of position, and your goalie was exposed.

Same as issues as against United...

1372189875_2strikerscausespace.thumb.jpg.6c9a9997ee8bd3db5808ad6688735686.jpg

305202441_Spaceinmidfield.thumb.jpg.ed535e91de04c20a0055b23b192c87a2.jpg

Teams will tear you apart until you stop that.

I didn't see the game yesterday but it looks like your observation may be technically correct.  However you obviously missed the parts of the game against United where we also  attacked at pace and posed their defence many problems. 

3 of United's goals were lost at the keeper's near post and one squirmed out of the keeper's hands for an embarrassing own goal.  Possibly down to mistakes further up the park  but , being a goalie in my younger days I got pelters for conceeding goals like that. 

With a bit more luck in front of goal I think that game could have been closer. 

The signs of improvement are definitely there and I would rather have a team going for it confidently than have to endure another 5 years of technical defensive lap top tactical boredom and frustration .  Scottish football has too many of these teams , especially in the premiership  and with the international side  where not losing or keeping the score down is the main priority.

Yesterday obviously proved a stiff task after conceding a scrappy goal   and losing one of our key players so early  but as has been said , the main priority will be the league where most league 2 sides won't be as clinical or technically efficient as the 2 premier sides we have met.   The bulk of our squad are just getting to know each others strengths and have only played together for brief spells at a time during our pre season matches . Our first 2 competitive games have been against premier opposition so not the best way to judge how the season will pan out. 

4 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

I didn't see the game yesterday but it looks like your observation may be technically correct.  However you obviously missed the parts of the game against United where we also  attacked at pace and posed their defence many problems. 

Yes, because you left players high up the park.

Ej9JYKiXgAEa08T.thumb.jpeg.b6a65dec5e8d6bebd2d8d6c3c9ed7534.jpeg

Thats Brechin after your deepest CM just won the ball off Uniteds most advanced CM.

You can see why you look dangerous on the counter, but wide open when defending.

I'm not saying you should be more defensive, as I don't see nearly enough of you to be a fair judge, just that being so open centrally was the main issue yesterday (more than the keeper), and seemed to cause problems against United too.

I've zero idea how that will transfer to League Two.

14 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yes, because you left players high up the park.

Ej9JYKiXgAEa08T.thumb.jpeg.b6a65dec5e8d6bebd2d8d6c3c9ed7534.jpeg

Thats Brechin after your deepest CM just won the ball off Uniteds most advanced CM.

You can see why you look dangerous on the counter, but wide open when defending.

I'm not saying you should be more defensive, as I don't see nearly enough of you to be a fair judge, just that being so open centrally was the main issue yesterday (more than the keeper), and seemed to cause problems against United too.

I've zero idea how that will transfer to League Two.

We are a team in transition once again. 

Personally I prefer this style of transition where creative players are allowed to express themselves.

My point is that we have had many years concentrating on turgid defensive tactics , sitting deep , trying to keep the midddle of the park tight and  playing one solitary striker . Those tactics have resulted in us being team 42 and have driven many fans away . 

We are now trying to create more width and pace and move the ball quicker.  Obviously the sharper full time players who are well into their season will exploit this  but we beat Forfar a couple of weeks ago and looked a more balanced unit going forward and coming back against a team of similar ability and quality. 

As I said the signs are there. 

What a total embarrassment we are the club keep asking people for money for fighting funds and go fund me pages people put their hard earned cash in and we get absolutely nothing in return. I'm done no more if I hadn't already bought my season ticket I wouldn't have bothered with it

24 minutes ago, hedgeman83 said:

What a total embarrassment we are the club keep asking people for money for fighting funds and go fund me pages people put their hard earned cash in and we get absolutely nothing in return. I'm done no more if I hadn't already bought my season ticket I wouldn't have bothered with it

30mins to get first shot at goal can't get out of our own half  paton continually caught in possession defence leaking goals again gonna be another slog this season

Edited by Woobydoo

12 hours ago, Woobydoo said:

30mins to get first shot at goal can't get out of our own half  paton continually caught in possession defence leaking goals again gonna be another slog this season

Hopefully Barron returns soon . The team looked a whole lot better with him controlling midfield. 

Fuckin pointless  international friendlies should be banned .........especially in these times of covid. 

13 hours ago, hedgeman83 said:

The last 2 games have been a bit shambolic right enough but I feel your reaction is a bit premature.  We are 3 games into a season where again the playing squad is undergoing transition.  Mark already hinted that he would be using the early cup games as part of his pre season as jumping right into competitive stuff with 2 games against Premier opposition was probably asking a bit much of our young squad . Given  the amount of changes  he has made in each of these games , this indeed looks like the case . Judging the season ahead on these games seems a bit  short sighted .

I may be wrong and time will tell . 

The last 2 games have been a bit shambolic right enough but I feel your reaction is a bit premature.  We are 3 games into a season where again the playing squad is undergoing transition.  Mark already hinted that he would be using the early cup games as part of his pre season as jumping right into competitive stuff with 2 games against Premier opposition was probably asking a bit much of our young squad . Given  the amount of changes  he has made in each of these games , this indeed looks like the case . Judging the season ahead on these games seems a bit  short sighted .
  I may be wrong and time will tell . 
Yeah maybe it was just in abit of a rage after the 3rd goal went in guess we will have to see. Yeah they are being treated as friendlies but its the way in which we lost them that annoyed me was like they had just given up. Think we got on abit better with paddy in goal hope he gets his chance