The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

On 09/05/2020 at 13:22, The Phoenix said:

Instead of castigating Ken Ferguson (and Brechin City) on a Fan’s Forum why not ask the other 19 Clubs in SPFL1 & 2 whether Ken stepped out of line at any point during this debacle (or indeed at any point during his tenure)? 

I’ll give you a 100% guarantee that you’d get 19 Clubs confirming that Ken has behaved impeccably. 

We are all waiting patiently for the public apology from rangers to Ken regarding the dossier .  I wonder when that will come ? 

1 hour ago, theoriginalhedge said:

We are all waiting patiently for the public apology from rangers to Ken regarding the dossier .  I wonder when that will come ? 

I looked at the long-term forecast in hell, but temperatures don't look like falling anytime soon 😉

Dod(d)s piece in todays Courier interesting.

He is right that clubs like us will increasingly find it difficult to attract players from the central belt as clubs like Kelty through bigger budgets at players than we can. That is where my agreement ends with his article. He did talk up Edinburgh City but does he realise that they rent their ground and as such do not have that cost so have a bigger player budget.

He did point things out about cuts to what he and the squad had access to, for example a physio only once a week and poorer training facilities - thought Falkirk and Stirling Uni were good facilities - is he now saying they are shite?

He never once drew reference his tactics.

2 minutes ago, Cold Feet said:

Dod(d)s piece in todays Courier interesting.

He is right that clubs like us will increasingly find it difficult to attract players from the central belt as clubs like Kelty through bigger budgets at players than we can. That is where my agreement ends with his article. He did talk up Edinburgh City but does he realise that they rent their ground and as such do not have that cost so have a bigger player budget.

He did point things out about cuts to what he and the squad had access to, for example a physio only once a week and poorer training facilities - thought Falkirk and Stirling Uni were good facilities - is he now saying they are shite?

He never once drew reference his tactics.

He is obviously on the lookout for a new job  so will have to try and find some positives from his time with us. 

In fairness to him he did help relegate Farfar so double bonus points for that. 

Club offering season ticket refunds to be fair I wouldn't blame any one taking theirs after the shite we have had to endure for the last few seasons. But at a time like this when the club will need every penny it can I'll not be taking mine and I'm pretty sure most will be the same

On 09/06/2020 at 10:51, hedgeman83 said:

So jacko Paddy and Jimmy all still under contract for next season (when ever that is) who would you like to see stay ? And who would you like to see come in aptently Mark has already decided who hes keeping and who is going

Are the board quitting yet.

Guest The Phoenix
2 hours ago, Thom & Gerry said:

Season to start on 17 October as agreed by clubs. SPFA have advised players.

Might help if they told the clubs!

No such agreement has been reached for SPFL1 & 2, indeed we've still to be formally asked the question.

14 minutes ago, RedintheBed said:

Donald Findlay on the BBC podcast said that L2 clubs had been in discussions for a start on October 17 but it depended on the testing requirements. The fallback date for a restart was January.

I got the impression that if full testing and behind closed doors was the condition, it wouldn't be happening. So it all depends on Covid and Government rules, which nobody can accurately predict. So it's wait and see, which Tom English was incapable of understanding.

21 hours ago, RedintheBed said:

Donald Findlay on the BBC podcast said that L2 clubs had been in discussions for a start on October 17 but it depended on the testing requirements. The fallback date for a restart was January.

The extra £50k made available recently for each club, will support testing and hopefully help the L2 games to start on 17th October.