The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

10 minutes ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Bit like turkeys voting for Xmas. The bottom club 42 must be an automatic relegation - you're down there for  a reason,usually you're crap ! A working pyramid must see a route up and down,why play the season otherwise ? About time these spfl also rans realised what's at stake,go down and rebuild sensibly within your means.

Maybe the Brechin City forum might not be the place to post about also rans and being crap.

Bad taste old chap.

Especially from someone claiming to be from England's Wst Country.

Why shouldn’t promotion for the winner of HL/LL playoff be automatic. Any restructuring should have that happening. Relegating club 42 automatically should be happening. 

The way I see it, league 2 clubs should be given the choice of 3 x 14 and club 42 down automatically or 14,10,10,10 and the playoff remaining. 

The only opportunism on show is the spfl clubs passing their resolution and then doing everything they can to deny hard working and ambitious clubs the opportunity to go up. 

Spfl clubs seem to forget that the clubs outside the pro leagues get little help financially from their league, while clubs like Cowdenbeath, Brechin etc get handed £70k+ Season after season and still run at considerable losses. If clubs in the LL and HL got the spfl/sfa cash those clubs do then they wouldn’t be running at six figure losses every year. 

Your bit at the bottom exactly why clubs in the SPFL won't vote in automatic relegation. You don't just lose the prize money but entry to the league cup and come in a round earlier in the Scottish cup.

BASED ON ACTUAL POINTS THEY FINISHED 12th OUT OF 16 WITH 24 POINTS FROM 24 GAMES BUT AS THE LEAGUE HAS NOW BEEN DECIDED ON POINTS PER GAME AVERAGE THEY MAY HAVE GONE UP / DOWN. eg EAST STIRLINGSHIRE WERE IN THIRD ON 53 POINTS TWO AHEAD OF BSC BUT BSC WERE THEN AWARDED THIRD PLACE BASED ON PTS/GAME AVERAGE. WAS FAIR ON SHIRE AS BSC HAD 4 GAMES IN HAND AS WELL. IF CELTIC/ RANGERS MOANING ABOUT ONLY 2 LEAGUE GAMES AGAIN BETWEEN THEM I`M SURE SOMEONE WOULD BE QUITE HAPPY TO ARRANGE A HOME & AWAY SPECIAL COMPETITION FOR THEM ( OR CHANGE THE GLASGOW CUP RULES AGAIN ). THE TROUBLW WITH SPFL PYRAMID UNLIKE ENGLAND THERE IS NO AUTOMATIC PROMOTION/RELEGATION FROM TIER 4. THE BOTTOM ON TIER 3 / TIER 4 & TOP TIER 5 ARE REALLY NO WORSE THEN EACH OTHER. U JUST NEED LOTS OF INFLATED MONEY TO SPEND & A DECENT DEFENCE. TIME TO BRING IN A TEAM SALARY CAP LIKE MOST OTHER PRO SPORTS. THEY DEFECTING WEST COAST JUNIOR TEAMS HAVE MORE MONEY IN THE BANK THAN A LOT OF SPFL TEAMS ! SPFL WONT CHANGE AS THEY KNOW THAT A LOT OF THEM WILL BE PLAYING TIER 5 OR EVEN 6 WITHIN  TWENTY YEARS OR WILL HAVE GONE BUST. 

6 minutes ago, the tin man said:

Lot o shite league 2 clubs tryin to shut the door on the pyramid is laughable emoji23.png stenny n yourselfs ken kelty brora n bonnyrigg will beat them

So now because of Coronavirus which has killed thousands, we should admit Kelty, Brora and have automatic access to the spfl, all to be decided and brought in within 4 weeks. Oh and there is no extra money from the spfl  to pay the 2 new Clubs.

Mystifying why League 2 Clubs don’t want that.

Well call the leagues n ave play offs whats Brechin to lose oh wait chairmans on the board he kens theyl no get back out like rhe shire n berwick

So now because of Coronavirus which has killed thousands, we should admit Kelty, Brora and have automatic access to the spfl, all to be decided and brought in within 4 weeks. Oh and there is no extra money from the spfl  to pay the 2 new Clubs.
Mystifying why League 2 Clubs don’t want that.

14 hours ago, pipedreamer said:

Why shouldn’t promotion for the winner of HL/LL playoff be automatic. Any restructuring should have that happening. Relegating club 42 automatically should be happening. 

The way I see it, league 2 clubs should be given the choice of 3 x 14 and club 42 down automatically or 14,10,10,10 and the playoff remaining. 

The only opportunism on show is the spfl clubs passing their resolution and then doing everything they can to deny hard working and ambitious clubs the opportunity to go up. 

Spfl clubs seem to forget that the clubs outside the pro leagues get little help financially from their league, while clubs like Cowdenbeath, Brechin etc get handed £70k+ Season after season and still run at considerable losses. If clubs in the LL and HL got the spfl/sfa cash those clubs do then they wouldn’t be running at six figure losses every year. 

Firstly, Brechin got  £3.5k this season for finishing bottom .  Seemingly Forfar got not much more in  the league above . ........................£70k !!!:lol:

Secondly , the resolution was passed to try to help  member clubs (mainly part time ones)   survive  ,  deal with players contracts and  to help them plan for a new start. To suggest that the resolution was passed purely  to keep other teams out of the league is absolutely ludicrous. 

Thirdly,  every club in the SPFL is hard working and ambitious . This is not a unique trait solely reserved for non league clubs .  Clubs like Cowdenbeath and Brechin do gain promotions from time to time . ............Just so happens Brechin fucked up their latest attempt with bad managerial appointments . That doesn't make them any less hard working  or less ambitious . 

So basically it looks like you are just making things up to suit your own agenda. 

Edited by theoriginalhedge

47 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Firstly, Brechin got  £3.5k this season for finishing bottom .  Seemingly Forfar got not much more in  the league above . ........................£70k !!!:lol:

Secondly , the resolution was passed to try to help  member clubs (mainly part time ones)   survive  ,  deal with players contracts and  to help them plan for a new start. To suggest that the resolution was passed purely  to keep other teams out of the league is absolutely ludicrous. 

Thirdly,  every club in the SPFL is hard working and ambitious . This is not a unique trait solely reserved for non league clubs .  Clubs like Cowdenbeath and Brechin do gain promotions from time to time . ............Just so happens Brechin fucked up their latest attempt with bad managerial appointments . That doesn't make them any less hard working  or less ambitious . 

So basically it looks like you are just making things up to suit your own agenda. 

Brechin over the course of the season received £45k in prize money from the spfl, that is paid in instalments during the season based on lowest possible finishing position I believe, hence why you got £3.5k at seasons end. 

24 minutes ago, pipedreamer said:

Brechin over the course of the season received £45k in prize money from the spfl, that is paid in instalments during the season based on lowest possible finishing position I believe, hence why you got £3.5k at seasons end. 

So where did the £70k figure come from ?

And also your assumption that  clubs make 6 figure losses ? 

7 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

So where did the £70k figure come from ?

And also your assumption that  clubs make 6 figure losses ? 

£70k comes from what you get every year, add in league cup, Scottish cup and challenge cup and your sfa handout and you get not much shy of £100k every season. 

Club accounts are all available online, it’s easily available to see where clubs are making large losses year on year. 

14 minutes ago, pipedreamer said:

£70k comes from what you get every year, add in league cup, Scottish cup and challenge cup and your sfa handout and you get not much shy of £100k every season. 

Club accounts are all available online, it’s easily available to see where clubs are making large losses year on year. 

If only that were true. 

Had Brechin City , or any other  league  2 club for that matter had 6 figure losses year on year I'm afraid  .........A)  they wouldn't be in existence  and    B) they would have been punted out of the league on the basis of mis management and breaching the club licencing criteria. 

To my knowledge , Brechin have never recorded a 6 figure loss and hopefully never will . 

Again I stress that making up figures on assumptions serves no purpose at all . 

8 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

If only that were true. 

Had Brechin City , or any other  league  2 club for that matter had 6 figure losses year on year I'm afraid  .........A)  they wouldn't be in existence  and    B) they would have been punted out of the league on the basis of mis management and breaching the club licencing criteria. 

To my knowledge , Brechin have never recorded a 6 figure loss and hopefully never will . 

Again I stress that making up figures on assumptions serves no purpose at all . 

He's not saying they lose 100k a year. That's what a club like Brechin City get in terms of prize money and the SFA dividend.

No figure was ever attributed to the losses a club would make.

EDIT: If you want to have a figure on the kind of losses though. Here's the 2017 AGM comment:

image.thumb.png.5ca8a77f2e358bbd20090b6392529e37.png

Edited by FairWeatherFan

33 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

He's not saying they lose 100k a year. That's what a club like Brechin City get in terms of prize money and the SFA dividend.

No figure was ever attributed to the losses a club would make.

EDIT: If you want to have a figure on the kind of losses though. Here's the 2017 AGM comment:

image.thumb.png.5ca8a77f2e358bbd20090b6392529e37.png

That loss was  exceptional  and , as predicted ,   was balanced the following season . 

Correct me if I am wrong  but  that is a 5 figure loss .  Not a 6 figure one as dreamed up by pipedreamer . 

17 hours ago, pipedreamer said:

1 hour ago, pipedreamer said:

Well. Always interesting when others throw around figures.

I too do not recall a 6 figure loss being mentioned, in fact we are not allowed to go over a rolling figure of £80k , I think.

Equally I have never heard us getting 100k from the SFA / SPfl.  The year we played Celtic t Parkhead we got about £80k from the gate but prize money from all comps is generally lucky to hit £30k. Championship year might have been a bit higher but seem to recall everyone in League 1 got more than us.

I also take acception to the assumption that any club is not hard working, if anything clubs struggling on the park or part time ones are working harder - maintaining football at this level  whilst having day jobs.

I too do not recall a 6 figure loss being mentioned, in fact we are not allowed to go over a rolling figure of £80k , I think.
Equally I have never heard us getting 100k from the SFA / SPfl.  The year we played Celtic t Parkhead we got about £80k from the gate but prize money from all comps is generally lucky to hit £30k. Championship year might have been a bit higher but seem to recall everyone in League 1 got more than us.
I also take acception to the assumption that any club is not hard working, if anything clubs struggling on the park or part time ones are working harder - maintaining football at this level  whilst having day jobs.

For 19/20 Brechin got 45k for finishing 10th in league 2, 17k for finishing bottom of the group in the league cup and 5k from round 2 of the Scottish cup.

1 hour ago, Jack Burton said:
2 hours ago, Cold Feet said:

For 19/20 Brechin got 45k for finishing 10th in league 2, 17k for finishing bottom of the group in the league cup and 5k from round 2 of the Scottish cup.

Thanks for that info, where did you get it from?