The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

It's probably worth reminding some contributors to this thread that, prior to this season, Brechin City had not been in the bottom tier of Scottish football for any of the previous seventeen seasons - a tremendous achievement for one of Scotland's smallest clubs, no matter how these things are measured. 

The triumph that became a horror show,  Brechin's demoralising Championship season, in turn produced last season's demotion from League One and the slide has continued this season. 

Many of those who have witnessed City's past three seasons now have a air of resignation, and who can blame them?  There is no comparison between the current down-beat atmosphere at the Glebe and the ebullient mood inspired by Kevin Harper at Cliftonhill last season. The phrase "on a roll" is only uttered at the Brechin refreshment hut. 

Unlike their Rovers counterparts last season, "we are staying up, we are staying up" is not being chanted by Glebe Park supporters; understandably they have become disenchanted in more ways than one.

However, last season's bottom-of-the-table chasers have become this season's chased and there may be some signs of tension emanating from the Rovers camp.  With that in mind, it's a real pity tonight's match at the Glebe against a slightly off-form Annan has  been postponed because a home win would have narrowed the gap at the foot of the table to four points and would have set up all sorts of possibilities - and provided a much-needed lift to Brechin spirits.

Hey- ho, Cove away is up next. Let's hope the result is an absolute coupon- buster. 

https://brechincity.freeforums.net

47 minutes ago, BackingBrechinCity said:

It's probably worth reminding some contributors to this thread that, prior to this season, Brechin City had not been in the bottom tier of Scottish football for any of the previous seventeen seasons - a tremendous achievement for one of Scotland's smallest clubs, no matter how these things are measured. 

The triumph that became a horror show,  Brechin's demoralising Championship season, in turn produced last season's demotion from League One and the slide has continued this season. 

Many of those who have witnessed City's past three seasons now have a air of resignation, and who can blame them?  There is no comparison between the current down-beat atmosphere at the Glebe and the ebullient mood inspired by Kevin Harper at Cliftonhill last season. The phrase "on a roll" is only uttered at the Brechin refreshment hut. 

Unlike their Rovers counterparts last season, "we are staying up, we are staying up" is not being chanted by Glebe Park supporters; understandably they have become disenchanted in more ways than one.

However, last season's bottom-of-the-table chasers have become this season's chased and there may be some signs of tension emanating from the Rovers camp.  With that in mind, it's a real pity tonight's match at the Glebe against a slightly off-form Annan has  been postponed because a home win would have narrowed the gap at the foot of the table to four points and would have set up all sorts of possibilities - and provided a much-needed lift to Brechin spirits.

Hey- ho, Cove away is up next. Let's hope the result is an absolute coupon- buster. 

https://brechincity.freeforums.net

CDH is that you😃

3 hours ago, welshbairn said:

You boys really aren't keen on the road North.

Scottish League Two relegation boundary could be scrapped

Mentioned that in the relegation thread a few weeks ago and the fermers were all "where you hearing that...." Seems like the Brechin fanbase were the only people in Scottish football who didn't know about their boards craven attempts to gerrymander Scottish football.

Imagine changing the entire structure of the pyramid to help out Brechin, what a reddy that would be.

9 hours ago, Junior Pub League said:

Mentioned that in the relegation thread a few weeks ago and the fermers were all "where you hearing that...." Seems like the Brechin fanbase were the only people in Scottish football who didn't know about their boards craven attempts to gerrymander Scottish football.

Imagine changing the entire structure of the pyramid to help out Brechin, what a reddy that would be.

But that isn't really the case , is it ? 

I am led to believe talks are ongoing to change the whole structure of the Scottish league set up and have been going on for some time.  This is alledgedly to help  teams competing in Europe. The pyramid structure is only a small part of these talks. 

The main benefactors would be the OF as is always the case as they are the ones most likely to progress to the later stages of European competition.  To suggest that any talks involving the structure of Scottish football would be for the benefit of a struggling League 2 side is a non starter . If the OF aren't directly affected then talks would would not progress or probably not take place at all. 

14 hours ago, Junior Pub League said:

As much as I agree, an arbitrary and rushed-through 'north-of-the-Tay' line was a pretty ill thought out plan in the first place.

From a selfish perspective, I would much rather have the HL as it would suits me well.  At least I have that novelty today as I consider getting ready for an away day despite still being in my jim-jams at home at around 1:30pm (I'm milking this luxury).  Could feasibly be Brechin's last ever football trip to Cove though.  :unsure: 

Edited by Hedgecutter