The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

Yep I’ll be there to cheer Brechin on to return the favour, should the play-off be confirmed.

Mark Wilson has them a bit better organised and has improved the unfit, lop-sided shambles left behind by Barry Smith. The trouble is despite this marginal improvement, it’s not been enough.

Assuming Brechin can’t put together an extraordinary sequence of results to save themselves, they need to get better defensively and be harder to beat. 

I think Brechin would be OK against Brora or Kelty. Bonnyrigg would be a tough test for most of Leagues One and Two as we discovered to our cost in te cup.

On 19/02/2020 at 06:05, citydiehard said:

Ha ha ha , I think it’s brilliant at what has happened to this club, I did/have been warning you lot for the last couple of years about the committee/mafia and I have been proven right.Brechin will be no longer a club at the end of what 

was intially positively intrigued by this pyramid system when it came in but in hindsight if i dont get to go to grounds like this at some point i'll be gutted. always wanted to see the hedge. if it was clyde going doon then fair enough that would just be amusing but not brechin. best of luck dudes, hopefully you'll stay up and meet us at the pass as we're making a right balls of it as well rn and wouldnt fancy us against kelty either.

will Brechin fold if they go into highland league? The pull of players will change from central belt to up north and surely they will be severely financially out muscled. Brechin v fort William will be a crunch match next season.

Is hope so anyway , complete shambles of a club

19 minutes ago, A.K. Barr said:

They certainly got fed money for years, gates of 150 a week would never sustain a higher end league 1 budget/championship wages, it really goes to show if you don’t live within your means it’ll come back to bite you in the arse.

We get a lot more than 150 a week

Nobody wants to see teams go to the wall and hopefully Brechin are far from it but pyramids in full swing now and it’s still in their own hands to get themselves safe , few more seasons might see automatic relegation from league which should happen imo but fir now Brechin more than capable of staying in league 

13 hours ago, A.K. Barr said:

They certainly got fed money for years, gates of 150 a week would never sustain a higher end league 1 budget/championship wages, it really goes to show if you don’t live within your means it’ll come back to bite you in the arse.

Trolling trumpet found. 

Wednesday night’s game against Queens should be one that Brechin go into with some confidence after a good point on Saturday. I will be at Glebe cheering on Brechin! 

Queens are a much improved side and will be hard to beat. Galt, Salim, Doig, Jamieson and Slater are all talented for this league.

Predictions for this game?