The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

14 minutes ago, gm_1982 said:

I do feel we have the quality in the team, however whether we’ll run out of games remains to be seen. We absolutely have to win at Albion on Saturday, that’s for sure.

What concerns me is the level of fitness of our players. Yes Jacko and Boomer have just come back from injury but they are both looking at least a stone overweight with several others looking as if they could lose a bit also.

Barring a few excellent saves and that goal against Stirling, I’m afraid Lewis a McMinn has cost us numerous goals and precious points in recent weeks and needs dropped

I agree that a couple seem to be carrying a bit of weight but I don't think Jacko is one of them. He is a bit slower than he was but that is probably down to lack of matches . 

Agree also that Paddy should be given a chance . 

Edited by theoriginalhedge

I agree that a couple seem to be carrying a bit of weight but I don't think Jacko is one of them. He is a bit slower than he was but that is probably down to lack of matches . 
Agree also that Paddy should be given a chance . 

You kidding? Jacko has always been the ‘chunky’ type but he has definitely come back bigger than what he left. He was literally jiggling whenever he was running.

As I said, I understand he’s been out injured but for me he needs to lose at least a stone. Jacko is a class player so we need him in peak condition if we are to get out of this mess.

I think people forget Albion Rovers finished the season with 27 points. A great comeback but they were awful as opposed to completely awful.

I can't see 9th place finishing with much less (if any) than 36 points.

Will Brechin pick up, yes. Can they get 20+ points from 14 games? I'm not so sure.

Also, have people seen Kelty's squad? It's top end league one in my opinion.

18 hours ago, gm_1982 said:

You kidding? Jacko has always been the ‘chunky’ type but he has definitely come back bigger than what he left. He was literally jiggling whenever he was running.

As I said, I understand he’s been out injured but for me he needs to lose at least a stone. Jacko is a class player so we need him in peak condition if we are to get out of this mess.

I don't agree with the "chunky" type. He used to come into the City club after games and certainly didn't look overweight then.  I don't think he has bulked up much on his return either.  Just my opinion though. 

3 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

I don't agree with the "chunky" type. He used to come into the City club after games and certainly didn't look overweight then.  I don't think he has bulked up much on his return either.  Just my opinion though. 

FWIW, a friend of mine who came along as a neutral clocked and commented on Jacko's weight when he saw him during his previous spell.  He thought he should have been a stone lighter even then, although he was used to watching top flight.

That said, he's no Charlie Miller (during his spell at Clyde) :

CM.PNG.1872e89e800fcf9353b114930127123d.PNG

18 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

FWIW, a friend of mine who came along as a neutral clocked and commented on Jacko's weight when he saw him during his previous spell.  He thought he should have been a stone lighter even then, although he was used to watching top flight.

That said, he's no Charlie Miller (during his spell at Clyde) :

CM.PNG.1872e89e800fcf9353b114930127123d.PNG

I think the ultimate was Armand One when he played for Stranraer.  He definitely ate all the pies. 

Getting pumped from Aberdeen dev team earlier in the week does not fill me with confidence.

However agree with much that has been said from thin straws to no chance.

Keeper lifed off of his performance v CR but has cost us at crucial times. Time for a change.

Losing on Sat is not end or world but pretty bloody close.....

Also heard, but think its pish, that if we might have a choice btw HL or LL.

And do we have any signings left?

Getting pumped from Aberdeen dev team earlier in the week does not fill me with confidence.
However agree with much that has been said from thin straws to no chance.
Keeper lifed off of his performance v CR but has cost us at crucial times. Time for a change.
Losing on Sat is not end or world but pretty bloody close.....

Also heard, but think its pish, that if we might have a choice btw HL or LL.
And do we have any signings left?

Was reported when Sinclair was recalled that we’ve now got a loan to use. Hopefully on a defender...

6 minutes ago, Citytillidie said:

Might be a bit harsh in saying this but is it time for marc and stevie to go and we spend what's left of the fighting fund on an experienced manager who will motivate us for the rest of the season and the play offs

I agree.  Mark Wilson has been at the club for months and we haven’t improved.  You would think that the basics of taking over a team in our position would be getting them to stop conceding so many soft goals.  He has totally failed in that.

And Stevie Campbell has been the common denominator in the last three years.

Edited by charlie king mvp

Who would come in though to sort out this mess I cant imagine many expierneced managers would fancy trying to keep brechin in the league not with where we are now

I agree.  Mark Wilson has been at the club for months and we haven’t improved.  You would think that the basics of taking over a team in our position would be getting them to stop conceding so many soft goals.  He has totally failed in that.
And Stevie Campbell has been the common denominator in the last three years.