The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

What makes you think this? 
I don't know where Berwick train, but presuming it's Edinburgh that is 'just' an hours drive from Berwick then they are well placed for a relatively decent potential resource. Most LL teams aren't far away at all. 
Brechin on the other hand would no longer train in or attract players from the Central Belt if Brechin is by far the closest trek for them (at present it's ironically the furthest, bar Cove). Instead we'd be limited to the slimmer pickings of Angus/Aberdeenshire, and there are closer HL teams to Aberdeen City than Brechin. 
It's only IMO of course.
With the "parachute payment" for dropping out, I personally think that with that spent wisely, and again IMO, it would be easier to have a crack at the top end of the Highland league, than the lowland.
All the ambitious ex junior clubs and money being thrown about the lowland league just now would make it a hell of a lot harder to escape again, barring some crazy investment.
But saying that, winning the Highland league, whichever team it is still have to get by whatever big spending lowland league team win their respective division.
It's a tricky situation and again I'll repeat my good wishes. You need to pull the finger out, starting Saturday.

It's only IMO of course.
With the "parachute payment" for dropping out, I personally think that with that spent wisely, and again IMO, it would be easier to have a crack at the top end of the Highland league, than the lowland.
All the ambitious ex junior clubs and money being thrown about the lowland league just now would make it a hell of a lot harder to escape again, barring some crazy investment.
But saying that, winning the Highland league, whichever team it is still have to get by whatever big spending lowland league team win their respective division.
It's a tricky situation and again I'll repeat my good wishes. You need to pull the finger out, starting Saturday.

Think you are wayyyyyyy off mate.

But yeah they do need to get their finger out soon.

2 hours ago, Citytillidie said:

Does anyone know if there are plans in place incase the unthinkable does happen?

2 hours ago, Best Team in Angus said:

A very good question and one that I hope the committee are giving serious thought to 

I was wondering how long it would be before this question would be raised again. 

5 hours ago, hedgeman83 said:
13 hours ago, Best Team in Angus said:
A very good question and one that I hope the committee are giving serious thought to 

I've herd this question asked to the chairman twice and both times hes refused to answer it which makes me think there isn't a plan

If Brechin did end up playing Kelty they (Brechin) would win  easily. I’ve seen Kelty a couple of times this season and they certainly aren’t as good as Cove were when they played Berwick. Have faith.

If Brechin did end up playing Kelty they (Brechin) would win  easily. I’ve seen Kelty a couple of times this season and they certainly aren’t as good as Cove were when they played Berwick. Have faith.
Am not sure in my experience the team on the bad run never wins playoffs .

Sent from my ZTE BLADE V7 using Pie and Bovril mobile app

I've herd this question asked to the chairman twice and both times hes refused to answer it which makes me think there isn't a plan

Well I would guess they are rightly highly focused on the primary objective - thus limited resource available at this time to be expended on looking at the alternative outcome whilst still being aware of its ramifications and the potential choices to be made. Does for example a club in League One draw up 3 different plans every season - covering promotion, relegation, and status quo - I doubt it. You of course adapt plan as matters develop over time

1 hour ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Berwick were rank rotten, half the teams in the LL would have strolled it.

Kelty are a very good team, underestimate them at your peril, then again, it might be Bonnyrigg who have already beaten Montrose and run Clyde very close this season.

48 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Aye lets pick 2 games that you were at out of thirty games played this season and from that we can work out that "Brechin would win easily". That's like someone  saying Cowden are relegation candidates because they got gubbed by Broxburn after being dug meat for two matches.

That’s right. I can only go by what I’ve seen. How many times have you watched Brechin this season?

I think Brechin are stronger than Berwick were last season and Cove stronger than Brora and Kelty this season. Big ask for Brora and Kelty or whoever, to overcome each other over two legs then go again and beat Brechin over two legs.. Think odds are in the second division candidates favour. Play offs dinna half make the bottom end interesting though.

I think Brechin are stronger than Berwick were last season and Cove stronger than Brora and Kelty this season. Big ask for Brora and Kelty or whoever, to overcome each other over two legs then go again and beat Brechin over two legs.. Think odds are in the second division candidates favour. Play offs dinna half make the bottom end interesting though.
I disagree IMO the team who can't win a league game for months are struggling the team who are on a good run ie Kelty or Brora are better off . hope brechin get out it big big game Saturday if they get beat its curtains come on guys yous have good players what's going on

Sent from my ZTE BLADE V7 using Pie and Bovril mobile app

Brechin do look as though they can pull a result from somewhere along the line whereas we were looked in big trouble especially during the run-in when the roof caved in almost every week.
I would agree this season’s play-off winner probably won’t be as strong as Cove were last season but it’s important to be going into that play off with a bit of positivity about yourself.

8 hours ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Well I would guess they are rightly highly focused on the primary objective - thus limited resource available at this time to be expended on looking at the alternative outcome whilst still being aware of its ramifications and the potential choices to be made. Does for example a club in League One draw up 3 different plans every season - covering promotion, relegation, and status quo - I doubt it. You of course adapt plan as matters develop over time

Teams in league 1 aren't faced with the prospect of potentially going out of business though. 

The question was first asked 2 AGM's ago.   Concerns were raised after we failed to win a game then proceeded to keep the same manager.   We were told that it wouldn't be allowed to happen . 

You are correct about the primary objective and steps were taken to allow new players to be signed, however, in these circumstances ,   any successful business should be at least working on  a back up plan  should the worst happen.   Hopefully that is the case. 

On 04/02/2020 at 14:34, NE63 exile said:

Brechin do look as though they can pull a result from somewhere along the line whereas we were looked in big trouble especially during the run-in when the roof caved in almost every week.
I would agree this season’s play-off winner probably won’t be as strong as Cove were last season but it’s important to be going into that play off with a bit of positivity about yourself.

This. I was away to post that we’ve not taken too many hidings this season so far, Cove aside - but then I looked at the results and was forced to recall November when we got beat 5-2 twice in two weeks, alongside the obligatory scudding from CR. Having said that, better players have since come in. Even if we do end up in the playoffs (we’ll have a better idea after this Sat obvs) there would be a lot to be said for a decent run of form going into those games and I genuinely think we aren’t far away from a run of results. Just need a bit of luck to breed a bit of confidence. Quality seems to me to be there now where it wasn’t before

edit - that never appeared to be the case for Berwick last season (admittedly as a pretty casual observer) - it seemed like a total car crash from not far into the season. I’m clutching at some pretty thin straws tho. Not been following the LL that closely this season but it looks like you’ve had the inevitable ‘transition period’ and of course there was never much likelihood of challenging the clubs that (currently) have the sugar daddies. Hope you’ve at least been able to enjoy trips to new grounds and the odd win, and I hope you won’t  take it too personally if I say I hope we’re not in the same tier as you next year 🥴

Edited by Infirmary Street

I do feel we have the quality in the team, however whether we’ll run out of games remains to be seen. We absolutely have to win at Albion on Saturday, that’s for sure.

What concerns me is the level of fitness of our players. Yes Jacko and Boomer have just come back from injury but they are both looking at least a stone overweight with several others looking as if they could lose a bit also.

Barring a few excellent saves and that goal against Stirling, I’m afraid Lewis a McMinn has cost us numerous goals and precious points in recent weeks and needs dropped