The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

31 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Oh dear, just the type of “player” Brechin don’t want.

He’ll score a few goals for you but he’s like a bull in a china shop! Almost always fouls when tackles which I found very frustrating to watch.

Hope he does well. Nice to see a few signings being made at Glebe.

52 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

He’ll score a few goals for you but he’s like a bull in a china shop! Almost always fouls when tackles which I found very frustrating to watch.

Hope he does well. Nice to see a few signings being made at Glebe.

Was hopeless at Cowden. Never could understand why Cove signed him.

23 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Was hopeless at Cowden. Never could understand why Cove signed him.

He's got the same level of stupid tattoos covering his arms and neck of a premier league calibre player.  Is that not the type of player Cove go for? ;)

Are we likely to be getting another forward in then? Don’t want to seem greedy but if we’ve shipped out Emile and Crawford, even allowing that Scott can play as a second striker, we look a bit thin up top just now? McManus and Jackson - plus Scott and Knox as 10s - doesn’t leave us with much in reserve but maybe Mark has someone lined up. Of the two that have left I thought Crawford looked like he had more potential but obviously we can’t really afford to nurture ‘potential’ just now. Assuming he won’t be back next year, thanks Ross for your efforts and hope you get another shot at SPFL football - you’ve got plenty of time yet 

11 hours ago, Infirmary Street said:

Are we likely to be getting another forward in then? Don’t want to seem greedy but if we’ve shipped out Emile and Crawford, even allowing that Scott can play as a second striker, we look a bit thin up top just now? McManus and Jackson - plus Scott and Knox as 10s - doesn’t leave us with much in reserve but maybe Mark has someone lined up. Of the two that have left I thought Crawford looked like he had more potential but obviously we can’t really afford to nurture ‘potential’ just now. Assuming he won’t be back next year, thanks Ross for your efforts and hope you get another shot at SPFL football - you’ve got plenty of time yet 

I think our attacking options are now quite good . Hamilton and Knox give the options on the wings and now with the 3 additional attacking midfielders  (not all at the same time I may add ) we have great back up for either Jackson / McManus  or both. 

Pongo could maybe sit a bit deeper now and concentrate on being the outlet for the defence and also the playmaker  as we know he can ping a ball. .....Not so much emphasis on him having to shuttle back and forward with Scott and McCabe in there too. 

Be interesting to see how Mark sets them up today but one thing looks certain , he is concentrating on attack instead of the negative , pack the defence tactics used by the previous two . 

With <10 mins to go we were winning and Albion Rovers were losing 2-0 to the run-away league leaders.   Come 90 mins:  we've lost and Rovers have got an impressive a draw, all whilst Stenny win 3-0 away from home.

Devastating for morale.  :(