The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

Not at all.  Just a feeling that nothing of substance was decided. A sub group is being appointed to try and formulate a plan going forward but other than that I think most were a bit disappointed that no timescales were put on the longer term projects.  
The priority this season is to survive in the league .  All efforts will be put into that . 
 Mark Wilson spoke very well . Was very honest , realistic and not trying to fill everyone's head full of idealogical  nonsense as most managers tend to do.    There was a positive vibe to that side of the meeting. 
That is basically the gist of things . Sorry we can't give you any exclusive, controversial stuff . 
I kind of go the feeling that any suggestions made Ferguson was just quick to put them down or just decided they didnt work. Thought the guy who stood up and spoke (Harry) spoke quite well and had some good ideas but the committee were not keen to take him on. Mark spoke really well and made me feel abit more confident that he can get us out of this

1 hour ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Not at all.  Just a feeling that nothing of substance was decided. A sub group is being appointed to try and formulate a plan going forward but other than that I think most were a bit disappointed that no timescales were put on the longer term projects.  

The priority this season is to survive in the league .  All efforts will be put into that . 

Mark Wilson spoke very well . Was very honest , realistic and not trying to fill everyone's head full of idealogical  nonsense as most managers tend to do.    There was a positive vibe to that side of the meeting. 

That is basically the gist of things . Sorry we can't give you any exclusive, controversial stuff . 

We know what it’s like, we’ve all been there. Hopefully you can get it sorted and don’t do a “ Berwick”

47 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

We know what it’s like, we’ve all been there. Hopefully you can get it sorted and don’t do a “ Berwick”

Hopefully do a Cowden, but not in the same style! 

I was at that playoff game against EK and was late for our own one at Alloa because of those pens at Central. Did not foresee us doing a Cowden relegation wise though. Somehow I think the LL champions will be considerably stronger this time around.  Genuinely think it'll be easier to beat Stenny / Albion etc in the league than the new former-juniors teams. 

8 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Hopefully do a Cowden, but not in the same style! 

I was at that playoff game against EK and was late for our own one at Alloa because of those pens at Central. Did not foresee us doing a Cowden relegation wise though. Somehow I think the LL champions will be considerably stronger this time around.  Genuinely think it'll be easier to beat Stenny / Albion etc in the league than the new former-juniors teams. 

As was said the feeling amongst  most of us is that the team is starting to show marked improvement every week. Hopefully this will continue and the talk of the relegation play off will diminish. In Mark we trust.

The worrying part is going to be how we progress from there should we pull that off .  The club needs a real plan . 

Just made my donation to the "Fighting Fund" and hope this fund helps bring in the players that can help save us from the drop. 

Well done to everyone contributing to this - not how we want to do this but needs must. Tough time of year for this kind of thing but I will certainly put in what I can to help also.

Every little helps.

55 minutes ago, citydiehard said:

So the club want the fans to dig deep for the fighting fund what a joke.Mr Ferguson and Co have run the club into the ground.Looks like the club is finished, be as well and amalgate with the Vics.

Surely the spirit of the season demands that we put our traditional grievances aside? If they could manage it in the WW1 trenches then you would think it wouldn’t be beyond citydiehard to at least pipe down for a short while, if not actually (cough) donate? But no. Have a festively-coloured dot to add to your collection. And not a tree-coloured one

edit: that’s me donated too. For a very small player. Hopefully Pat Nevin or that Valbuena

Edited by Infirmary Street

Worrying times if Brechin are resorting to an outright tin-rattle, it's a sign of things not being right upstairs at all.

(We did exactly the same thing 10 years ago when the stakes were far lower with no trapdoor place. It didn't work and we still finished stone dead last.)

9 hours ago, Scorge said:

Worrying times if Brechin are resorting to an outright tin-rattle, it's a sign of things not being right upstairs at all.

(We did exactly the same thing 10 years ago when the stakes were far lower with no trapdoor place. It didn't work and we still finished stone dead last.)

We are where we are the most important thing is staying in the league thats why  I donated then plans for a longer term solution are an absolute must, not quite so straight forward as clubs with shareholders / board of directors. But I have heard of one possible proposal which sounds interesting that will hopefully develop over the next few weeks.

Mon the City

So presuming that our board know that HL sides are also senior sides, I'm presuming that one of the outcomes of the open meeting was that the club would all but fold if we went down?

"We need the support of our members and the local community if we want to maintain a senior football team in the town.