The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

3 minutes ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

Yes. 

Far too early to write Brechin off their only 4 points off the pace. A big January transfer window for them and the other clubs. Get the right players and they can survive worked for the Rovers last season when they were getting written off at this time.

Do Brechin have the capability to get players in? Do they have the fight for this? You know yourself there's a knack to escaping the playoff spot having seen Cowden do it twice, but Brechin have been on the slide for years now and don't seem to have anything going for them at all. Albion know what they've to do to improve as they did it last year, like you said. Do Brechin?

Right. This is a crisis situation. I thought very unlucky today.... doesn’t help so called supporters getting on to the players after 15 minutes. Maybe we need the community and business folk to put their hands in their pocket in January. Not sure how to get out of this rut... I think one win will give confidence. 

Edited by stovies

42 minutes ago, Neilly said:

Goodbye Fermers.

It's been emotional. Fair play to the diehards going and watching that week in, week out for three consecutive relegations.

The great escape, here we come!  Come on, seriously a Brechin City not in the league would be somewhat sad (like it would for senny) give us a break min

4 minutes ago, hedgeman83 said:

Some of that defending today was an absolute embarrassment it's like they just parted and let the guy shoot right through the middle as of to say there you go heres a free shot. Theres just no fight or urgency

Absolutely agree. There’s a ‘I don’t give a shit mentally’ we need a king or the like urgently

7 minutes ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

Do Brechin have the capability to get players in? Do they have the fight for this? You know yourself there's a knack to escaping the playoff spot having seen Cowden do it twice, but Brechin have been on the slide for years now and don't seem to have anything going for them at all. Albion know what they've to do to improve as they did it last year, like you said. Do Brechin?

Don't know Brechin's situation but I imagine they will be looking to pull something off in January. You just need to look at the state Berwick are in to know that they have to I would imagine where they are located it would be hard for them to build a decent side in the HL much the same as Berwick in the LL.

Don't know if there is a knack to doing it Jimmy both times we got rid of managers at the right to so the new one had time to sort things out for a possible play off, indeed 1st time around Gary Locke almost got us off bottom he just ran out of games if he had come in a few weeks later he may have done it.

Despite taking over earlier than Locke did Gary Bollan had too much to claw back points wise but managed like Locke to get a settled side going into the play off which is important, Berwick went on long run of defeats going into last seasons games and left it too late to get rid of a shite manager and duly got humped by Cove.

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:
2 hours ago, Jimmy Shaker said:
Well I have. Dunno about the rest. 
Saying that, that's an Albion Rovers side that needed two goes to beat Fort William, so who knows. 

Your obsession with Fort William knows no bounds.

Say what now. 

Right. This is a crisis situation. I thought very unlucky today.... doesn’t help so called supporters getting on to the players after 15 minutes. Maybe we need the community and business folk to put their hands in their pocket in January. Not sure how to get out of this rut... I think one win will give confidence. 

You face The Binos next weekend with one defeat in 10.

1-0 Brechin.