The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

Just saying that is our predicament.  We had no illusions or expectations about today.  For us it was about another pre season run out for the 3 quarters of our squad who were available out of the 17 signed.  Those players surpassed all our expectations and encouraging signs are there . 
Regarding the trialist issue  , most of the lower league clubs , including Cowdenbeath disagree with the stupid ruling which basically favours the bigger clubs .  They have alledgedly tried on numerous occassions to overturn the ruling but have failed each time.  

Same rule as always applied to the League Cup I think. It is just the earlier start to the season that creates the difficulty. Clubs find it difficult but there have not been any really significant attempts by the small clubs to drive a change.

Same rule as always applied to the League Cup I think. It is just the earlier start to the season that creates the difficulty. Clubs find it difficult but there have not been any really significant attempts by the small clubs to drive a change.
Kinda have to agree with this. Wee clubs moaning about it but not doing anything serious about changing it.

Why has it taken so long for international clearance for 2 of your players?  Did you know these players would be unavailable for the start of the season before signing them? 

It looks like their contracts have not finished with their old clubs.

Embarrassing the good name of Angus, again. 

Edited by SlipperyP

Seems Brechin thread is to be targeted this year by Cowden fans (well at least it will give Cove a break) and a zoomer of a Farfar fan who I don't think has ever seen them play.

But back to the fitba did not think and still do not think that Barry Smith is the right man but we are where we are, target has to be survival this year but saw a lot of good things in the game yesterday to give me some hope that we can survive Mon the City

Edited by Best Team in Angus

Seems Brechin thread is to be targeted this year by Cowden fans (well at least it will give Cove a break) and a zoomer of a Farfar fan who I don't think has ever seen them play.

But back to the fitba did not think and still do not think that Barry Smith is the right man but we are where we are, target has to be survival this year but saw a lot of good things in the game yesterday to give me some hope that we can survive Mon the City

Agree with what you've put there I'd be happy with any position above 10th place priority this season has gotta be survival and stabilising the club.We have gotta do something to break us out of the rot weve been in for the last 2 years.There were plenty of positives to take from the game yesterday despite the scoreline mon the city !

Yes it’s a brand new squad and there’s a lot of young guys in there but there’s a plenty of quality there too. A few guys that could definitely do a job at a higher level, particularly Hill, McLaughlin and McCord.

We should be aiming for the playoffs.

On 13/07/2019 at 22:16, gm_1982 said:

It’s not a case of failing to have a squad signed up, we’ve 17 signed players!

Two of those in McLaughlin and Watt are STILL awaiting international clearance from Australia and Croatia despite signing over a month ago. This is outwith the clubs hands.

Add in a suspension, 2 injuries and a player on holiday and you have the predicament we had today.

I'm sure I read somewhere that the SFA grants provisional clearance if there hasn't been a reply within 30 days?

On 14/07/2019 at 13:09, Best Team in Angus said:

Just watched the highlight on Hedge TV (good set up). 😎

Your right I'm a bit of a zoomer, but just in jest. If i hurt your feelings, I'll take it all back (whatever it did).

As for targeting your thread, I think this is the first time I've every posted on here and it was a genuine question. I though it was more appropriate on here rather than the Group Thread as more Brechin posters could have answered. Is there an answer?

As for not going to games, it rather difficult at the moment as the last train to Thailand won't get me back in time for Christmas never mind work (I look after my 3 kids).

You should have taken your dog for a walk before posting insults then heading over to the Forfar thread and posting there.

Nevermind, good luck this season.

What do people make of the manager's comments in his post match interview? 

He is clearly unhappy with the situation regarding the two players needing international clearance but he is a bit cryptic about who he thinks is responsible for it.  It could be the club or the football authorities? 

What do people make of the manager's comments in his post match interview? 
He is clearly unhappy with the situation regarding the two players needing international clearance but he is a bit cryptic about who he thinks is responsible for it.  It could be the club or the football authorities? 

He says in the interview that it was something the club couldn’t affect. I noticed quite a few clubs were still awaiting international clearance coming through for their players also, including Falkirk for a signing from Croatia (like Luke Watt).

Sounds to be like the respective foreign FA’s are digging their heels to me.

I'm sure I read somewhere that the SFA grants provisional clearance if there hasn't been a reply within 30 days?

Well evidently not as they were both signed over 30 days ago. Unless in which case they never lodged for clearance until well after the signings. No idea how it works tbh

57 minutes ago, gm_1982 said:

He says in the interview that it was something the club couldn’t affect. I noticed quite a few clubs were still awaiting international clearance coming through for their players also, including Falkirk for a signing from Croatia (like Luke Watt).

Sounds to be like the respective foreign FA’s are digging their heels to me.

I'll need to watch it again later but I thought he said it was something that as a management team and his staff they couldn't affect. I don't think he said "the club" which to me suggests something different. But then I am maybe reading too much into it. 

I have a suspicious mind!

Well evidently not as they were both signed over 30 days ago. Unless in which case they never lodged for clearance until well after the signings. No idea how it works tbh

You are at the mercy of the foreign club and their FA - depends on when they get on with it, they can drag their heels for whatever reason

1 hour ago, gm_1982 said:

"Within seven days of the date of the ITC request, the former association shall, by using the appropriate selection in TMS, either: a) deliver the ITC in favour of the new association and enter the deregistration date of the player; or b) reject the ITC request and indicate in TMS the reason for rejection, which may be either that the contract between the former club and the professional player has not expired or that there has been no mutual agreement regarding its early termination. 5. Once the ITC has been delivered, the new association shall confirm receipt and complete the relevant player registration information in TMS. 6. If the new association does not receive a response to the ITC request within 15 days of the ITC request being made, it shall immediately register the professional player with the new club on a provisional basis (“provisional Annexe 3 59 registration”). The new association shall complete the relevant player registration information in TMS (cf. Annexe 3, article 5.2 paragraph 6). A provisional registration shall become permanent one year after the ITC request. The Players’ Status Committee may withdraw a provisional registration, if, during this one-year period, the former association presents valid reasons explaining why it did not respond to the ITC request."

FIFA regs from the SFA website. Take it we either have made a mess of the form, or don't know the rules

On ‎13‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 22:43, Cowden Cowboy said:

at a fans meeting last year we were told that stenny tried to get it changed but its a UEFA rule so cant be done. because the top flight clubs are in the league cup UEFA wont allow trialists anywhere, even lower leagues teams