The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

2 hours ago, gm_1982 said:

Well we haven’t learnt a lot from these pre-season friendlies. After a couple of tough seasons and starting a squad from scratch it might have been a better idea to have a few winnable games as opposed to chasing a few quid. Confidence may well be knocked out these guys before a ball is even kicked, but time will tell.

I could have got Lowson to come thru fae Farfar but nae sure we could beat them😂

4 hours ago, gm_1982 said:

Well we haven’t learnt a lot from these pre-season friendlies. After a couple of tough seasons and starting a squad from scratch it might have been a better idea to have a few winnable games as opposed to chasing a few quid. Confidence may well be knocked out these guys before a ball is even kicked, but time will tell.

I actually thought we played a bit better last night .  The team had a bit of shape about it and played the ball on the deck a lot  , especially in the first half . Shagger again put himself about and was constantly talking to the young lads round about him.  The number 11 (with the beard) has also impressed me in the 3 games and was quite comfortable on the ball last night.  A few of the younger lads looked quite sharp as well. 

McCord still has a bit of work to do on his fitness as some of his tackles and challenges were just a wee bit late and would have earned him at least a yellow card 

The big centre half in the second half was a fair unit . Anyone know who he was ?  I don't think he will be kept. 

Really impressed also with McMinn in the goals .  As was said , I think Paddy will have to be at his best to keep his place. 

Hopefully a few were signed up last night and we can go and give Farfar a real derby game on Saturday.   .................They might be more the level of team we should be competing with. 

16 hours ago, Citytillidie said:

Been unlucky so far Lewis mcminn looks really good in the goals think paddy will will have some good competion for the Jersey this season

I was wondering how the hell citydiehard had masterfully got around my blocking filter, until I realised that you're a completely separate entity.  :lol:

mind_blown.gif

7 hours ago, gm_1982 said:

Agree a couple pf games against cannon fodder would boost the players confidence. Provided we manage to beat said teams.

After last seasons relegation the lack of signings and the general apathy about the glebe. The management and manager had better have some good answers should be interesting. Also what state the finances r in obviously by the signings and wages being offered by other clubs there is no cash. Financial accounts should make interesting reading

7 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

I actually thought we played a bit better last night .  The team had a bit of shape about it and played the ball on the deck a lot  , especially in the first half . Shagger again put himself about and was constantly talking to the young lads round about him.  The number 11 (with the beard) has also impressed me in the 3 games and was quite comfortable on the ball last night.  A few of the younger lads looked quite sharp as well. 

McCord still has a bit of work to do on his fitness as some of his tackles and challenges were just a wee bit late and would have earned him at least a yellow card 

The big centre half in the second half was a fair unit . Anyone know who he was ?  I don't think he will be kept. 

Really impressed also with McMinn in the goals .  As was said , I think Paddy will have to be at his best to keep his place. 

Hopefully a few were signed up last night and we can go and give Farfar a real derby game on Saturday.   .................They might be more the level of team we should be competing with. 

There was some nice passing in spells, still looked a bit open at the back but I think that's to be expected with so many new players.

McMinn has been excellent in goals and I'd hope he would be first choice to start the season based on his pre-season performances.

McLaughlin was very good in the first game but was a bit quieter in the other two (oddly the one game he played out of position)

Watt has looked like he has something about him in spells and think he could strike up a good partnership with McCord (when up to fitness) in the middle.

Liked the look of Hamilton before he went off injured, hopefully he's fit for the weekend.

McManus has really impressed me with his fitness for his age.

Haven't seen much to say one way or the other about the rest of the signings/trialists, but there's certainly a decent core of a team there.

Scott Reekie was very good as a centre back in 2 trial matches.Not as comfortable at right back in the 3rd friendly.Sure most fans who saw him would have liked him signed but apparently the budget would only go to 1 more player and a left back is the priority.