The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

14 hours ago, Best Team in Angus said:

I agree that this is offer is a complete farce and is really really badly thought out and unbelievably naive . Time for a change !! we will see how many people come forward to apply for the position on the committee and what is said at the AGM probably as usual very little. - SO TO ALL SEASON TICKET HOLDERS ITS YOUR CHANCE TO HELP SHAPE THE FUTURE OF YOUR CLUB APPLY NOW FOR THE COMMITTEE POSITION

WTF writing in shouty capitals .  YOU apply for the position . I am no longer a season ticket holder as it ran out at the last game of last season . Best of luck bud.

7 hours ago, underpar said:

WTF writing in shouty capitals .  YOU apply for the position . I am no longer a season ticket holder as it ran out at the last game of last season . Best of luck bud.

Been there done that many moons ago, but when I finally fully retire in a couple of years time  I will give them my time but at the moment I don't have the time to give. Hope  thats OK with you  bud

Edited by Best Team in Angus

Thing is what they were attempting to do is exactly what is happening in a lot of aspects in life / business at the moment,  offer incentives to get new customers in and give nothing for loyalty [emoji22]

While this is true, if the past two seasons had been that of success and mid table results, I don’t think many would have had much of an issue with the reduced ‘get you back’ tickets. But after supporters buying season tickets to watch the board and managers seemingly conspire to make us a laughingstock this was a kick in the teeth too far.

16 minutes ago, Citytillidie said:
17 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:
Who cares about this kind of thing? Really. 

Just curious nothing wrong with that ?

Most teams don’t have a clue who their physio is, there’s thousands of them going about clubs will pick them up easy. 

13 hours ago, Muzza81 said:

Who cares about this kind of thing? Really. 

13 hours ago, Muzza81 said:

Most teams don’t have a clue who their physio is, there’s thousands of them going about clubs will pick them up easy. 

A good physio is worth their weight in gold.  There is more to it than you seem to think.   There is no coincidence that our players' performances  started to decline when our sports therapist of a good few years back left the club.  

Yes there are thousands going about but not many with the instant diagnostic and remedial abilities to keep players at their peak fitness. 

The world has changed and it isn't quite as simple as it once was. No longer does possession of a bucket and sponge get you the gig. Physios need to have the correct level of qualifications and certification in order to fully meet licensing requirements. The standards required have increased over the years. Again they are also paid at a higher rate than at one time - minimum wage firstly impacts and so does their level of expertise. They need to be available on Saturdays and say twice a week for training (and sometimes at other times) and work closely with the Club Doctor and coaching staff.

13 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

The world has changed and it isn't quite as simple as it once was. No longer does possession of a bucket and sponge get you the gig. Physios need to have the correct level of qualifications and certification in order to fully meet licensing requirements. The standards required have increased over the years. Again they are also paid at a higher rate than at one time - minimum wage firstly impacts and so does their level of expertise. They need to be available on Saturdays and say twice a week for training (and sometimes at other times) and work closely with the Club Doctor and coaching staff.

I am well aware of all of this, I know a physio very well that has worked in the lower leagues and now the top flight.

28 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

A good physio is worth their weight in gold.  There is more to it than you seem to think.   There is no coincidence that our players' performances  started to decline when our sports therapist of a good few years back left the club.  

Yes there are thousands going about but not many with the instant diagnostic and remedial abilities to keep players at their peak fitness. 

I am sure I know much more about it than you so the "more to it than you seem to think" line is garbage. A sports therapist is not a physio so I don't see the correlation.

If you were to ask fans of part time clubs who their physio is I doubt many would know or care.

13 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

I am well aware of all of this, I know a physio very well that has worked in the lower leagues and now the top flight.

I am sure I know much more about it than you so the "more to it than you seem to think" line is garbage. A sports therapist is not a physio so I don't see the correlation.

If you were to ask fans of part time clubs who their physio is I doubt many would know or care.

You sound positively seething every time I read one or your posts. If Brechin fans want to talk about Brechin physios on the Brechin thread then let them.