The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

On 03/06/2019 at 00:30, tamthebam said:

Edinburgh City have played Brechin about once in 60 years (lost 0-3, 2008 Scottish Cup) and I haven't been to Glebe Park since Meadowbank Thistle were on the go. Is the Victoria Bar still in existence? 

Would that be pre-hedge times?

1 hour ago, Aidan said:
On 03/06/2019 at 00:30, tamthebam said:
Edinburgh City have played Brechin about once in 60 years (lost 0-3, 2008 Scottish Cup) and I haven't been to Glebe Park since Meadowbank Thistle were on the go. Is the Victoria Bar still in existence? 

Yes the V&A is still in existence and is an absolute dump inhabited by weirdos.

oh well-  I think the last time I was at Glebe Park was about 1993. Do you have a Social Club or is there a recommended boozer for fans? 

First match in five and a half weeks. If I was Barry I'd be getting in an order for several slices of Brymer's finest humble pie and heading round the houses of messrs Sinclair, Spark, E Smith and anyone else he released that doesn't have a job for next season yet. Does he seriously think he can fill 10 more jerseys by then - to say nothing of the bench? And if by some miracle he does manage it, will folk turn up to watch a bunch of no hopers that will never feature again after the first month? Mind when Clyde held 'open trials ' a few years back  and it was like the Dirty Dozen but without the Hollywood ending...??

"watch out for that boy Borgnine in midfield!" Tho in fairness I reckon Donald Sutherland could be pretty decent at CB tho maybe a bit slow

4 hours ago, Infirmary Street said:

Mind when Clyde held 'open trials ' a few years back  and it was like the Dirty Dozen but without the Hollywood ending...??

Mind when all of Jim Duffy's Brechin signings came from the 'gie us a game database' that was published by the Daily Record?