The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

The worrying thing about this whole sad affair is the silence from the club itself.   

Most clubs in this situation would be desperately trying to find positives and trying to rally the community. 

It looks like the towel has been thrown in and that is being echoed by the performances on the park. If the players are sensing the apathy from above then it is only natural for them to perform similarly.   ....................Really disappointing for the diehard fans who have dug deep to help the club in their hour of need. 

1 hour ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

And I’m sure many LG 2 fans are looking forward to visiting Brora or Fraserburgh.

Fraserburgh is a braw day oot,the Wetherspoons,the Bellslea bar opposite the ground and Cheers bar.

Not much in Brora to be fair,gid wee social club at the ground though.

8 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

The worrying thing about this whole sad affair is the silence from the club itself.   

Most clubs in this situation would be desperately trying to find positives and trying to rally the community. 

It looks like the towel has been thrown in and that is being echoed by the performances on the park. If the players are sensing the apathy from above then it is only natural for them to perform similarly.   ....................Really disappointing for the diehard fans who have dug deep to help the club in their hour of need. 

How do you find positives in the mess we are in?

1 minute ago, Brechin City FC said:

How do you find positives in the mess we are in?

I am as downbeat as everyone else but surely if you are expecting people to pay to come and watch the games and fork out for hospitality etc , the least you could do is try and build up a feeling of hope . Why not tap into the great escape theme again?   Get round the schools highlighting the importance of having a senior football club in the town............ handing out free tickets  like Montrose did.  Get posters up around the town . Bombard facebook etc with messages , getting people to share . Anything to show you have not given up hope .

It's not really difficult , and you never know , the players might just cotton on to the idea too and start having a bit of pride. 

That's the supporters club cancelled all remaing busses for the rest of the season [emoji852]
Dont blame people not wanting to fork out to go on the bus to away games. The players look like they dont give a shit so why should people fork out their hard earned cash to support them. We cant keep blaming managers and asking them to be sacked the players have to take reapoaibily

As Albion Rovers were in an identical situation last year I know how hard it is to go and support the team every week but the supporters trust and the club put on discounted buses to away games So more fans would go and cheer on the team and the cost was worth it as we managed to pull of the great escape.

7 hours ago, Rovers programme boy said:

As Albion Rovers were in an identical situation last year I know how hard it is to go and support the team every week but the supporters trust and the club put on discounted buses to away games So more fans would go and cheer on the team and the cost was worth it as we managed to pull of the great escape.

Now there's an idea  !!!!!!!!!!!!!😡

Ha ha ha , I think it’s brilliant at what has happened to this club, I did/have been warning you lot for the last couple of years about the committee/mafia and I have been proven right.Brechin will be no longer a club at the end of the season.
You think its brillant ?? You are an absolute twat you think its brillant that the team you support is on the brink of going out of the spfl and possibly not survive. Do us all a favour and dont come back

Ha ha ha , I think it’s brilliant at what has happened to this club, I did/have been warning you lot for the last couple of years about the committee/mafia and I have been proven right.Brechin will be no longer a club at the end of the season.
Some fan you are ye helmet!

3 hours ago, citydiehard said:

I support a rival team and even I don't think "its brilliant" if Brechin go down and out. "citydiehard" you say. hardly

Call yourself a diehard I've not seen you at any of the past couple of games some diehard you are[emoji1787][emoji35]

12 hours ago, hedgeman83 said:
13 hours ago, citydiehard said:

You think its brillant ?? You are an absolute twat you think its brillant that the team you support is on the brink of going out of the spfl and possibly not survive. Do us all a favour and dont come back

When the Mo was threatened with relegation, I saw a lot of Brechin lads in the Links Park, there to cheer us on.

I’ll be at the Glebe supporting Brechin if you lads find yourselves in that unenviable position.

Oh, and City diehard, we had fekkin eejjitts like that who looked really fekkin stupid when we we stayed up.