The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

15 minutes ago, Citytillidie said:
27 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:
With Devastating for morale.  emoji20.png

Gutting for morale gonna take a miracle to keep us from relegation now

We've overturned larger deficits, albeit with different players. 

Just means that the games against Albion are genuine must wins.  If we can't win at least one of those then we don't deserve to be in the SPFL. Simple as that. 

I think today's turn of events has doomed you to the play-off - who knows you might even win that.

I know that times are dark and the HL might be calling, but some new grounds to go to, and that are mostly closer to Brechin (Wick aside). If the rumours are true about the new Feeder leagues to the HL you may even be joined by a Dundee-based outfit in the seasons to come.

I genuinely cannot believe what has happened at Brechin on the last 3 years.
The decade before that I always regarded Brechin as one of the best part time teams in the country, challenging for playoffs to the championship, a well run club.
To see you guys on the brink of the HL is pretty shocking but I will say IF it were to happen, I reckon it would be easier for you guys to re-appear at some point rather than say, a Berwick.
All the best for the rest of the season.

50 minutes ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

I reckon it would be easier for you guys to re-appear at some point rather than say, a Berwick.

What makes you think this? 

I don't know where Berwick train, but presuming it's Edinburgh that is 'just' an hours drive from Berwick then they are well placed for a relatively decent potential resource. Most LL teams aren't far away at all. 

Brechin on the other hand would no longer train in or attract players from the Central Belt if Brechin is by far the closest trek for them (at present it's ironically the furthest, bar Cove). Instead we'd be limited to the slimmer pickings of Angus/Aberdeenshire, and there are closer HL teams to Aberdeen City than Brechin. 

The decade before that I always regarded Brechin as one of the best part time teams in the country, challenging for playoffs to the championship, a well run club.
To see you guys on the brink of the HL is pretty shocking but I will say IF it were to happen, I reckon it would be easier for you guys to re-appear at some point rather than say, a Berwick.
Since they beat Alloa in the play offs its been down hill since they could be 3 relegation years in a row total disaster . spent no cash in those years . first season 250 k from championship also in that season they got Celtic in the cup £100k approx so 350k approx and on there 3rd manager in three seasons . I hope am wrong but its not looking good .and as we seen from teams losing there spfl membership it's very very hard to get back up . hope Ken and his committee get out this mess

Since they beat Alloa in the play offs its been down hill since they could be 3 relegation years in a row total disaster . spent no cash in those years . first season 250 k from championship also in that season they got Celtic in the cup £100k approx so 350k approx and on there 3rd manager in three seasons . I hope am wrong but its not looking good .and as we seen from teams losing there spfl membership it's very very hard to get back up . hope Ken and his committee get out this mess

2 hours ago, weetoonlad said:

2 hours ago, weetoonlad said:

You know, you're really not helping with our continual sense of déjà vu here.

6 hours ago, weetoonlad said:
7 hours ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

I hope so too, but bad decisions at important times may have been our downfall. 

Lose on Saturday and the gap will be insurmountable, then winning  the play offs are our only hope. 

25 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

I hope so too, but bad decisions at important times may have been our downfall. 

Lose on Saturday and the gap will be insurmountable, then winning  the play offs are our only hope. 

Without trying to be overly dramatic, could this be the most important game in the club's 114 year history to date? Far more than just a standard '6 pointer' given what's at risk. 

Edited by Hedgecutter