Hedgecutter

The Brechin City 2019/20 Thread

4 minutes ago, hedgeman83 said:

Some of that defending today was an absolute embarrassment it's like they just parted and let the guy shoot right through the middle as of to say there you go heres a free shot. Theres just no fight or urgency

Absolutely agree. There’s a ‘I don’t give a shit mentally’ we need a king or the like urgently

7 minutes ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

Do Brechin have the capability to get players in? Do they have the fight for this? You know yourself there's a knack to escaping the playoff spot having seen Cowden do it twice, but Brechin have been on the slide for years now and don't seem to have anything going for them at all. Albion know what they've to do to improve as they did it last year, like you said. Do Brechin?

Don't know Brechin's situation but I imagine they will be looking to pull something off in January. You just need to look at the state Berwick are in to know that they have to I would imagine where they are located it would be hard for them to build a decent side in the HL much the same as Berwick in the LL.

Don't know if there is a knack to doing it Jimmy both times we got rid of managers at the right to so the new one had time to sort things out for a possible play off, indeed 1st time around Gary Locke almost got us off bottom he just ran out of games if he had come in a few weeks later he may have done it.

Despite taking over earlier than Locke did Gary Bollan had too much to claw back points wise but managed like Locke to get a settled side going into the play off which is important, Berwick went on long run of defeats going into last seasons games and left it too late to get rid of a shite manager and duly got humped by Cove.

Mcmanus was the only one that looked like he gave a f**k.

Some of that defending today was an absolute embarrassment it's like they just parted and let the guy shoot right through the middle as of to say there you go heres a free shot. Theres just no fight or urgency

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:
2 hours ago, Jimmy Shaker said:
Well I have. Dunno about the rest. 
Saying that, that's an Albion Rovers side that needed two goes to beat Fort William, so who knows. 

Your obsession with Fort William knows no bounds.

Say what now. 

Right. This is a crisis situation. I thought very unlucky today.... doesn’t help so called supporters getting on to the players after 15 minutes. Maybe we need the community and business folk to put their hands in their pocket in January. Not sure how to get out of this rut... I think one win will give confidence. 

You face The Binos next weekend with one defeat in 10.

1-0 Brechin.

18 hours ago, stovies said:

Right. This is a crisis situation. I thought very unlucky today.... doesn’t help so called supporters getting on to the players after 15 minutes. Maybe we need the community and business folk to put their hands in their pocket in January. Not sure how to get out of this rut... I think one win will give confidence. 

Needs more than just money.  Club needs a completely new direction. Can't keep living from hand to mouth / week to week. 

2 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Needs more than just money.  Club needs a completely new direction. Can't keep living from hand to mouth / week to week. 

Looks like we will be going in a completely new direction NORTH

19 hours ago, stovies said:

Stovies - the community and business folk can do a lot more for the club then just inject cash. Cash is needed but we also need more support from those who can bring more business fundamentals to the club 

1 hour ago, theoriginalhedge said:

agree. The club needs an injection of cash to give us a good chance of recruiting in Jan, either through free transfers or loans on large wage contribution. But will require cash that the club doesn’t have. 

Cash will only be injected if the board room long term strategy and club ownership structure changes otherwise it’s just plugging a hole. 

This should have happened 6 months ago but we are where we are. We need short term help to keep us in the league, then long term changes so that we are back competing in Scottish football. 

If the  unthinkable happened what are the chances that we will survive as a club ? if we are currently losing money  hand over fist I would think that would only get a lot lot worse in the Highland League. I personally think a big gamble money wise is required in January to bring in players ( probably easier said than done )  that could help secure our league status and would suggest that the committee get the begging bowl out as a matter of urgency and speak to businesses / supporters near and far to help out, but they must also explain to them what the plans are for the future because it appears that big changes are required to modernise the running of the club, basically a complete rethink. Some may say a bit early to push the panic button with over half a season left  to play ( but just ask Berwick Rangers )  plans need put in place now to give us the best chance of survival, maybe the committee have it all in hand I really do hope so, but given the very very serious nature of our position I think an EGM should be called immediately  to let the fans especially the season ticket holders know what is happening and find out what help would be welcomed to aid our survival. I am sure the committee are doing their absolute  best but now is the time for everyone to do their bit, for most as simple as turning up in numbers to the games and getting behind the team 100% something that I know has not been easy given some of the performances but the fans must play their part and support the team from the first minute to the last minute

Mon the City

22 hours ago, Brechintogether said:

agree. The club needs an injection of cash to give us a good chance of recruiting in Jan, either through free transfers or loans on large wage contribution. But will require cash that the club doesn’t have. 

Cash will only be injected if the board room long term strategy and club ownership structure changes otherwise it’s just plugging a hole. 

This should have happened 6 months ago but we are where we are. We need short term help to keep us in the league, then long term changes so that we are back competing in Scottish football. 

Are you suggesting that someone is ready to come in with a cash investment in the short term? 

In the past I have been wary of the club getting away from our current model of the club being owned by the members, but maybe the time has come for a change. Perhaps we will not be able to thrive as a club without changing to a club owned by shareholders. I think we could survive in the Highland League if the worst came to it but I'm not sure if we would be able to be build a successful team to get us back into the league. 

On 01/12/2019 at 14:25, theoriginalhedge said:

Been there .....and it wasn't. 

There's more to see and do in Wick than there is in your stupid wee bumpkin village, that's for sure. 

Get doon. 

IMG_0697.thumb.jpg.97e7813982c9c7ca46284d6bb9ecd43b.jpg

5 hours ago, Best Team in Angus said:

If the  unthinkable happened what are the chances that we will survive as a club ? if we are currently losing money  hand over fist I would think that would only get a lot lot worse in the Highland League. I personally think a big gamble money wise is required in January to bring in players ( probably easier said than done )  that could help secure our league status

If you're worried about your chances of survival in the HL just now, surely it'll be made a lot worse if a big gamble doesn't pay off and you still go down?

1 hour ago, virginton said:

There's more to see and do in Wick than there is in your stupid wee bumpkin village, that's for sure. 

Get doon. 

IMG_0697.thumb.jpg.97e7813982c9c7ca46284d6bb9ecd43b.jpg

^^^ Obsessed and still hurting . :lol: