Hedgecutter

The Brechin City 2019/20 Thread

3 hours ago, theycallmetrinity said:
4 hours ago, underpar said:
More please the net is closing ......

He enjoys a burger or 4

ūüėā There are a few in that group that like a few, one certainly did on Saturday past anyway...

4 hours ago, theycallmetrinity said:
5 hours ago, underpar said:
More please the net is closing ......

He enjoys a burger or 4

I will stalk out the pie shop on Saturday .. More clues bar keep please .....

just got in after this disgrace.  it is no exaggeration to say that we are in a crisis.  emotions are high but i wonder if there is any appetitte from supporters to call an EGM (I'm happy to propose) and over-through the Board - start from scratch.  drastic measures but these are clearly drastic times.

1 minute ago, stovies said:

just got in after this disgrace.  it is no exaggeration to say that we are in a crisis.  emotions are high but i wonder if there is any appetitte from supporters to call an EGM (I'm happy to propose) and over-through the Board - start from scratch.  drastic measures but these are clearly drastic times.

To call an EGM we need an alternative plan of action . If there is an alternative then yes let's do it .  If not then just suck it up and start planning days out to Wick and Fort William . 

Something like this is needed but as orginalhedge said without an alternative plan in place then theres no point the clubs in a crisis emotions are running high with all supporters.Something needs to give sooner rather than later or it will be away days to fort william and wick

Some shouts for the manager to be sacked and I'm starting to agree with them . But in reality theres no way we have the money to pay him off so we either hope he leaves or were stuck. Not too sure what his game plan was today but were 2 0 down and dosnt bring on a striker till 15mis to go. Shagger cant do it all himself he needs some support and the keeper in my opinion isn't any better than what we have in fact I would say McMinn is better

2 hours ago, stovies said:

I had to read this a few times as it didn't make sense, I assume the word you intended to use was overthrow. That being the case I can understand your intent, but in line with fellow posters from your club would suggest caution in the absence of a realistic practical alternative.

PS. Not a dig as a fan of a  club who have endured similar misfortunes over a number of seasons I can readily empathise with the City fans

Don't think a change of committee would make any difference. Clearly there is no appetite for folk to go on; one vacancy this year and only one person came forward.

I do think appointing Barry was too easy and not, as it turns out the right appointment.

Committees do a thankless task and it just show that a couple of poor managers in a row can really shaft a part time club. We cannot afford to get rid of Barry. He also cannot spot a player - Kavanagh? And others. He also turned down the guy who scored a hat trick against us on Tuesday.

In forty years this is as bad as I recall. 

No money, his players, no game plan and players arguing amongst themselves.

Highland league here we come if this continues.

49 minutes ago, Blue Oktober said:

, I assume the word you intended to use was overthrow.

Yes, indeed.  Apologies for the illiteracy of my predictive text whilst the blood boils.  There are alternatives which are actively being pursued. Wholesale changes are required.  And for those that say the Board give their time for free etc, yes correct.  However, their Boardroom perks are a plenty (just check Martin Smith doing the weekly booze run down the co-op).  A change of manager may help (although given recent history with our Board not having the balls to take action I doubt this will happen anytime soon) however there is clearly an issue at the top of the club.

2 minutes ago, Cold Feet said:

Don't think a change of committee would make any difference. Clearly there is no appetite for folk to go on; one vacancy this year and only one person came forward.

The reason being is they can make no difference with the bearers already in position.

20 minutes ago, stovies said:

Yes, indeed.  Apologies for the illiteracy of my predictive text whilst the blood boils.  There are alternatives which are actively being pursued. Wholesale changes are required.  And for those that say the Board give their time for free etc, yes correct.  However, their Boardroom perks are a plenty (just check Martin Smith doing the weekly booze run down the co-op).  A change of manager may help (although given recent history with our Board not having the balls to take action I doubt this will happen anytime soon) however there is clearly an issue at the top of the club.

Not a problem @stovies we have all had similar failings posting on the hoof

I'm not aware of Brechin Exec involvement & commitments etc you will be far closer. What I can say to stabilise & run our own club means the directors have to be very hands on, hence on match day there mat be minimal representation in the board room. Good luck with your plans and I genuinely wish you and your fellow fans the very best. 

14 minutes ago, brechincity said:

How late in the season is it we have to wait for change to happen... Clearly something isn't working...

best ask a Berwick fan that one....

4 hours ago, hedgeman83 said:

Some shouts for the manager to be sacked and I'm starting to agree with them . But in reality theres no way we have the money to pay him off so we either hope he leaves or were stuck. Not too sure what his game plan was today but were 2 0 down and dosnt bring on a striker till 15mis to go. Shagger cant do it all himself he needs some support and the keeper in my opinion isn't any better than what we have in fact I would say McMinn is better

McManus was ‚Äė shagged‚Äô end of season before last when we played Cove in play off final. Surprised he is in league 2 now, can‚Äôt be a good signing.

best ask a Berwick fan that one....

I look at Brechin this season and a see a parallel of how our season panned out last season. Granted we had a couple of seasons of flying with the crows at the bottom end of league 2 and taking the risk of being shot whereas Brechin haven’t been down this division since 2001/02 and were up the second level just two seasons ago.
But the bottom line now is once your in the bottom tier your one bad season from a 180-minute lottery for your league survival.
Some big decisions to be made up at Glebe Park if results keep going like they are.