Hedgecutter

The Brechin City 2019/20 Thread

I'm sure I read somewhere that the SFA grants provisional clearance if there hasn't been a reply within 30 days?

Well evidently not as they were both signed over 30 days ago. Unless in which case they never lodged for clearance until well after the signings. No idea how it works tbh

57 minutes ago, gm_1982 said:

He says in the interview that it was something the club couldn’t affect. I noticed quite a few clubs were still awaiting international clearance coming through for their players also, including Falkirk for a signing from Croatia (like Luke Watt).

Sounds to be like the respective foreign FA’s are digging their heels to me.

I'll need to watch it again later but I thought he said it was something that as a management team and his staff they couldn't affect. I don't think he said "the club" which to me suggests something different. But then I am maybe reading too much into it. 

I have a suspicious mind!

Well evidently not as they were both signed over 30 days ago. Unless in which case they never lodged for clearance until well after the signings. No idea how it works tbh

You are at the mercy of the foreign club and their FA - depends on when they get on with it, they can drag their heels for whatever reason

1 hour ago, gm_1982 said:

"Within seven days of the date of the ITC request, the former association shall, by using the appropriate selection in TMS, either: a) deliver the ITC in favour of the new association and enter the deregistration date of the player; or b) reject the ITC request and indicate in TMS the reason for rejection, which may be either that the contract between the former club and the professional player has not expired or that there has been no mutual agreement regarding its early termination. 5. Once the ITC has been delivered, the new association shall confirm receipt and complete the relevant player registration information in TMS. 6. If the new association does not receive a response to the ITC request within 15 days of the ITC request being made, it shall immediately register the professional player with the new club on a provisional basis (“provisional Annexe 3 59 registration”). The new association shall complete the relevant player registration information in TMS (cf. Annexe 3, article 5.2 paragraph 6). A provisional registration shall become permanent one year after the ITC request. The Players’ Status Committee may withdraw a provisional registration, if, during this one-year period, the former association presents valid reasons explaining why it did not respond to the ITC request."

FIFA regs from the SFA website. Take it we either have made a mess of the form, or don't know the rules

On ‎13‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 22:43, Cowden Cowboy said:

Same rule as always applied to the League Cup I think. It is just the earlier start to the season that creates the difficulty. Clubs find it difficult but there have not been any really significant attempts by the small clubs to drive a change.

at a fans meeting last year we were told that stenny tried to get it changed but its a UEFA rule so cant be done. because the top flight clubs are in the league cup UEFA wont allow trialists anywhere, even lower leagues teams

34 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

You are at the mercy of the foreign club and their FA - depends on when they get on with it, they can drag their heels for whatever reason

Fuckin Brexit !  

I'll need to watch it again later but I thought he said it was something that as a management team and his staff they couldn't affect. I don't think he said "the club" which to me suggests something different. But then I am maybe reading too much into it. 
I have a suspicious mind!

The way I heard it was “as a management team and staff” with staff probably being the management committee, but then I could be wrong.

Like I said earlier, there are other clubs also in the same predicament with international clearance for some players which makes me think it’s more the respective FA’s that are taking the piss.

Either way fingers crossed we get something through by tomorrow otherwise we’ll be struggling to field 11 again or we’ll be forced into making a panic signing.

5 hours ago, gm_1982 said:

Either way fingers crossed we get something through by tomorrow otherwise we’ll be struggling to field 11 again or we’ll be forced into making a panic signing.

Fingers crossed we do, or i’ll be giving it a miss. Though Barry didn’t actually do a bad job on Sat it was still pretty embarrassing and I’d prefer not to be facing premier league opposition having to make excuses for my team/club. Besides which, we want to see them WIN games - not just put up a reasonable performance in difficult circumstances, and then lose anyway. I know these aren’t the worst kind of defeat but losing can easily become a dangerous habit as we’ve seen for the last two seasons.  

Edit - i’ve Just realised we are home to county tmrw, not away to st Johnstone! In which case, ignore everything I just said - i’ll be there whatever....!

Edited by Infirmary Street
Idiocy

International clearance now through for McLaughlin and Watt.

45 minutes ago, ewan_fife said:

A back 4 of Watt, Smith, Hill and McLaughlin is a very strong back 4 for league 2.

Barry Smith will still stroll this league. Probably because he's not capable of running anymore.

On 15/07/2019 at 15:39, theoriginalhedge said:

Fuckin Brexit !  

Got f**k all to do with Brexit. In case you haven't noticed, we're still in the EU.

The EU could have passed laws to ensure fairer distribution of telly money.

Instead, it just lets the UEFA/big club cartel take the money and f**k the rest of us.

4 hours ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Got f**k all to do with Brexit. In case you haven't noticed, we're still in the EU.

Instead, it just lets the UEFA/big club cartel take the money and f**k the rest of us.

Daily Mail reader found...

Barry Smith will still stroll this league. Probably because he's not capable of running anymore.
He's not capable of managing a team either so maybe a good idea he does play and leaves the management side of things to someome else...

25 minutes ago, grumswall said:
6 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

He's not capable of managing a team either so maybe a good idea he does play and leaves the management side of things to someome else...

Raith fan gonna Raith.

17 hours ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Wow.  Just wow. :o

On 18/07/2019 at 16:34, theycallmetrinity said:

Any word on the French guy? Heard he was signing after the game on Tuesday.

Heard Emile has signed