The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

9 hours ago, Lichtie78 said:

Enjoy connor coupe £250 pw

If above is true and I don't doubt  that he may be joining Brechin and he may turn out to be a great signing   I really hope we are not paying money like that to a player that has really proved nothing so far in his short career, but could be that the new "committee"  members are dipping into their pooches to help out. Mon the City 

2 hours ago, Best Team in Angus said:

If above is true and I don't doubt  that he may be joining Brechin and he may turn out to be a great signing   I really hope we are not paying money like that to a player that has really proved nothing so far in his short career, but could be that the new "committee"  members are dipping into their pooches to help out. Mon the City 

Maybe a certain committee member who sold his company for millions ,gave some to Brechin.

Enjoy connor coupe £250 pw

Why would we pay £250 p/w to someone who, as someone else has mentioned, has proven nothing to be more than a bit-part player in league 1.

We offered contract extensions to a handful of players weeks and weeks ago, how it is even possible that we’ve not heard whether they have signed or gone elsewhere yet?!

Yes there is still plenty of time until the season starts but we are so far behind other teams yet again. That’s been several seasons now with different managers at the helm - where does the problem lie?

2 hours ago, gm_1982 said:

Why would we pay £250 p/w to someone who, as someone else has mentioned, has proven nothing to be more than a bit-part player in league 1.

We offered contract extensions to a handful of players weeks and weeks ago, how it is even possible that we’ve not heard whether they have signed or gone elsewhere yet?!

Yes there is still plenty of time until the season starts but we are so far behind other teams yet again. That’s been several seasons now with different managers at the helm - where does the problem lie?

Basically no 1 priority has to be to get things properly sorted on the park both fitness and ability wise.    Offering contracts to players who showed a wee bit of potential  last season might be a bit risky IMO, but we do need a fair squad who are willing to fight for  their place.   There can be no passengers . 

I am sure talks are ongoing with new players and as is our policy ,  announcements won't be made until everything has been signed and finalised. 

We all thought last seasons signings were good on paper but it turned out quite a few were not up for the fight.  Hopefully this year we manage to secure a few with an appetite .............................for football  ;)

Basically no 1 priority has to be to get things properly sorted on the park both fitness and ability wise.    Offering contracts to players who showed a wee bit of potential  last season might be a bit risky IMO, but we do need a fair squad who are willing to fight for  their place.   There can be no passengers . 
I am sure talks are ongoing with new players and as is our policy ,  announcements won't be made until everything has been signed and finalised. 
We all thought last seasons signings were good on paper but it turned out quite a few were not up for the fight.  Hopefully this year we manage to secure a few with an appetite .............................for football  [emoji6]

My point is that these players have been offered new contracts weeks ago - surely at least a few of these have signed by now?

If they have only agreed and haven’t signed along the dotted line yet...why not? What is Mark and Stevie doing at the moment?

15 hours ago, gm_1982 said:

My point is that these players have been offered new contracts weeks ago - surely at least a few of these have signed by now?

If they have only agreed and haven’t signed along the dotted line yet...why not? What is Mark and Stevie doing at the moment?

It could be that the club might be liable to pay wages from the time players sign . Just a suggestion as I don't know about football contracts but I would assume pre season training would come under paid employment.  The sensible thing therefore is to hold off on contract signing as long as possible in these uncertain times. 

I have heard that quite a number of new  players have been earmarked so fingers crossed it is just a case of getting them signed. 

It could be that the club might be liable to pay wages from the time players sign . Just a suggestion as I don't know about football contracts but I would assume pre season training would come under paid employment.  The sensible thing therefore is to hold off on contract signing as long as possible in these uncertain times. 

I have heard that quite a number of new  players have been earmarked so fingers crossed it is just a case of getting them signed. 

I’m assuming we’ll start paying as soon as per-season starts, just like any other season.

I’m not expecting us to have most of our squad signed up yet like a number of teams have already but some progress on that front would be good, even a few new contracts signed to give us a base to build on.

Harsh on Connor (the wage is maybe too much but he is better than a bit part player) he is a good player but hasn’t been given a proper run of starts. There were only a few forfar fans who were happy to see him go

If he signs he will do well for you and is a very likeable player

Harsh on Connor (the wage is maybe too much but he is better than a bit part player) he is a good player but hasn’t been given a proper run of starts. There were only a few forfar fans who were happy to see him go

If he signs he will do well for you and is a very likeable player

Was only going by the number of substitute appearances over the last couple of years, which would be suggestive he wouldn’t be able to demand such a healthy part time wage. I’d expect someone like Jackson to be on that kind of figure.

Not doubting at all he would be a good addition - we need fit guys who are willing to work hard. Last season we had too many players with decent pedigrees but just didn’t seem to give a flying f**k. Thankfully all of them are now gone and we’ve offered deals to those who had some heart whenever they played.

Good to see the six lads who were offered new contracts have all signed. Lewis McMinn, Scott Reekie, Jonathan Page,  Sean McIntosh, Ross Brown and Kieran Inglis.
Really pleased that Inglis in particular has signed, I think he is a cracking wee player.

Agree with that, think Inglis is a really tidy player.