The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

44 minutes ago, mo83 said:

This has to be the wake up call Brechin needed,time to get the finger out and get a good squad together for the next campaign.You have got out this one by the skin of your teeth I would like to think/hope Mr Ferguson had no influence probably never find out,do feel sorry for Kelty and Brora mind you total lack of respect for LL and HL clubs.

What everyone forgets is that Ken is the SPFL rep for league 2 ( and possibly also league 1) and has to go with the general opinions of all the clubs he represents.  His actions would have been the same no matter the position of his club . Whether or not he infuenced the original vote is total speculation  and as you say we will probably never find out but I am certain that,  had he  made any suggestion to other clubs  about saving his own club , that would have most certainly been mentioned in the "dossier" in stronger terms than  "it was alleged" . 

As for the LL and HL clubs , there was a sub committee set up to discuss restructuring .   It would be interesting to find out what was the main cause of  the breakdown and whether it was a total lack of respect for LL and HL  or whether the main discussion was purely centred on  trying to save Hearts.   Again pure speculation on this issue and something we will probably never find out. 

Edited by theoriginalhedge

51 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

What everyone forgets is that Ken is the SPFL rep for league 2 ( and possibly also league 1) and has to go with the general opinions of all the clubs he represents.  His actions would have been the same no matter the position of his club . Whether or not he infuenced the original vote is total speculation  and as you say we will probably never find out but I am certain that,  had he  made any suggestion to other clubs  about saving his own club , that would have most certainly been mentioned in the "dossier" in stronger terms than  "it was alleged" . 

As for the LL and HL clubs , there was a sub committee set up to discuss restructuring .   It would be interesting to find out what was the main cause of  the breakdown and whether it was a total lack of respect for LL and HL  or whether the main discussion was purely centred on  trying to save Hearts.   Again pure speculation on this issue and something we will probably never find out. 

The scapegoating of the Brechin Chairman is disgraceful, especially by the likes of Tom English from the BBC. 
Anyone who thinks that Donald Findlay or any other spfl Chairman is going to do as he tells them has lost the plot.

Guest The Phoenix

Instead of castigating Ken Ferguson (and Brechin City) on a Fan’s Forum why not ask the other 19 Clubs in SPFL1 & 2 whether Ken stepped out of line at any point during this debacle (or indeed at any point during his tenure)? 

I’ll give you a 100% guarantee that you’d get 19 Clubs confirming that Ken has behaved impeccably. 

Ken Ferguson wasn't the one that put an end to the reconstruction vote, it was the top flight. Regardless of whether he would've voted for it or not, it was taken out of his hands so he can't be to blame.

53 minutes ago, Brazilianlex said:

The scapegoating of the Brechin Chairman is disgraceful, especially by the likes of Tom English from the BBC. 
Anyone who thinks that Donald Findlay or any other spfl Chairman is going to do as he tells them has lost the plot.

Tom English sums up the Scottish sporting media.  They jump on a rumour , add arms and legs to sensationalise or to suit their own agenda and publish it as exclusive news. 

They are the real  problem . Trouble is , people seem to take their word as gospel.  

Just now, theoriginalhedge said:

Tom English sums up the Scottish sporting media.  They jump on a rumour , add arms and legs to sensationalise or to suit their own agenda and publish it as exclusive news. 

They are the real  problem . Trouble is , people seem to take their word as gospel.  

That's what he's done for the past 2 and a bit weeks.

Instead of castigating Ken Ferguson (and Brechin City) on a Fan’s Forum why not ask the other 19 Clubs in SPFL1 & 2 whether Ken stepped out of line at any point during this debacle (or indeed at any point during his tenure)? 
I’ll give you a 100% guarantee that you’d get 19 Clubs confirming that Ken has behaved impeccably. 

Just away to Skype call all other 19 one after the other....Will let you know how I get on.

Bang on charlie K.

Where Ferguson dropped the baw is in trying to coerce the LL into Brechin gaining access to it if they got relegated,hes made himself look a right c..t 

Well the LL ship has sailed well and truly now after this,as charlie K says above you guys should be concentrating on the utter shitfest yous have been these last few yrs,if it's not sorted then you've got the likes of us drinking your village dry and deflowering your woman..........

1 hour ago, Whitburn Vale said:

Bang on charlie K.

Where Ferguson dropped the baw is in trying to coerce the LL into Brechin gaining access to it if they got relegated,hes made himself look a right c..t 

Well the LL ship has sailed well and truly now after this,as charlie K says above you guys should be concentrating on the utter shitfest yous have been these last few yrs,if it's not sorted then you've got the likes of us drinking your village dry and deflowering your woman..........

Think about that one for a while . 

On 09/05/2020 at 13:22, The Phoenix said:

Does his impeccable behaviour include trying to have the boundary line moved mid season, to suit his own club?

On 09/05/2020 at 13:22, The Phoenix said:

What about asking his colleagues on the board? None of them would give a f**k about moving the boundary or blocking the LL from the Cups.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

What about asking his colleagues on the board? None of them would give a f**k about moving the boundary or blocking the LL from the Cups.

What about every fuckin club in Scotland coming together for the common good of the game and stop trying to get one up on the other ? 

How football can even contemplate starting up again with all the seperate agendas going around is beyond me. Clubs in every league seem to  have  issues with at least one other and understandably  with the SPFL.

Time for everyone to be adult enough to admit their mistakes as I'm sure  there is more than one guilty party . The damage being done to the reputation of Scottish football is scandalous and almost at the point of no repair. I can only hope that the EGM on Tuesday is constructive and people don't just partake  with the sole intention of beating the life out of each other which is what they appear to have been doing for the last few weeks. 

4 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

What about every fuckin club in Scotland coming together for the common good of the game and stop trying to get one up on the other ? 

How football can even contemplate starting up again with all the seperate agendas going around is beyond me. Clubs in every league seem to  have  issues with at least one other and understandably  with the SPFL.

Time for everyone to be adult enough to admit their mistakes as I'm sure  there is more than one guilty party . The damage being done to the reputation of Scottish football is scandalous and almost at the point of no repair. I can only hope that the EGM on Tuesday is constructive and people don't just partake  with the sole intention of beating the life out of each other which is what they appear to have been doing for the last few weeks. 

Totally agree, posted this elsewhere, although there's probably also all the uncertainty and financial stress contributing to it.

4 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I wonder if all these tantrums, some justified, would have happened if the people involved were talking face to face instead of on Zoom and Whatsapp? All this talk of bullying and fiendish plots sounds like teenagers arguing on Twitter or whatever.

On 10/05/2020 at 08:18, Whitburn Vale said:

Bang on charlie K.

There are some fine bars in Brechin, but have you seen their women?

Bowf!

On 09/05/2020 at 13:49, theoriginalhedge said:

I doubt any of these fuckwits could find Brechin on a map.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Lads - hope you're all well. Just dropping in to say I have just created a new Scottish Football magazine and Callum Tapping features in the first issue. He talks about his career to date and we spoke at great length about his time at Brechin and what the club meant to him - a really good and interesting read! If you're interested, you can pre order via the link below: 

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/scottkelly/stonewaller-magazine-number-1?ref=project_build