The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

18 hours ago, stovies said:

Right. This is a crisis situation. I thought very unlucky today.... doesn’t help so called supporters getting on to the players after 15 minutes. Maybe we need the community and business folk to put their hands in their pocket in January. Not sure how to get out of this rut... I think one win will give confidence. 

Needs more than just money.  Club needs a completely new direction. Can't keep living from hand to mouth / week to week. 

19 hours ago, stovies said:

Right. This is a crisis situation. I thought very unlucky today.... doesn’t help so called supporters getting on to the players after 15 minutes. Maybe we need the community and business folk to put their hands in their pocket in January. Not sure how to get out of this rut... I think one win will give confidence. 

Stovies - the community and business folk can do a lot more for the club then just inject cash. Cash is needed but we also need more support from those who can bring more business fundamentals to the club 

1 hour ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Needs more than just money.  Club needs a completely new direction. Can't keep living from hand to mouth / week to week. 

agree. The club needs an injection of cash to give us a good chance of recruiting in Jan, either through free transfers or loans on large wage contribution. But will require cash that the club doesn’t have. 

Cash will only be injected if the board room long term strategy and club ownership structure changes otherwise it’s just plugging a hole. 

This should have happened 6 months ago but we are where we are. We need short term help to keep us in the league, then long term changes so that we are back competing in Scottish football. 

If the  unthinkable happened what are the chances that we will survive as a club ? if we are currently losing money  hand over fist I would think that would only get a lot lot worse in the Highland League. I personally think a big gamble money wise is required in January to bring in players ( probably easier said than done )  that could help secure our league status and would suggest that the committee get the begging bowl out as a matter of urgency and speak to businesses / supporters near and far to help out, but they must also explain to them what the plans are for the future because it appears that big changes are required to modernise the running of the club, basically a complete rethink. Some may say a bit early to push the panic button with over half a season left  to play ( but just ask Berwick Rangers )  plans need put in place now to give us the best chance of survival, maybe the committee have it all in hand I really do hope so, but given the very very serious nature of our position I think an EGM should be called immediately  to let the fans especially the season ticket holders know what is happening and find out what help would be welcomed to aid our survival. I am sure the committee are doing their absolute  best but now is the time for everyone to do their bit, for most as simple as turning up in numbers to the games and getting behind the team 100% something that I know has not been easy given some of the performances but the fans must play their part and support the team from the first minute to the last minute

Mon the City

22 hours ago, Brechintogether said:

agree. The club needs an injection of cash to give us a good chance of recruiting in Jan, either through free transfers or loans on large wage contribution. But will require cash that the club doesn’t have. 

Cash will only be injected if the board room long term strategy and club ownership structure changes otherwise it’s just plugging a hole. 

This should have happened 6 months ago but we are where we are. We need short term help to keep us in the league, then long term changes so that we are back competing in Scottish football. 

Are you suggesting that someone is ready to come in with a cash investment in the short term? 

In the past I have been wary of the club getting away from our current model of the club being owned by the members, but maybe the time has come for a change. Perhaps we will not be able to thrive as a club without changing to a club owned by shareholders. I think we could survive in the Highland League if the worst came to it but I'm not sure if we would be able to be build a successful team to get us back into the league. 

5 hours ago, Best Team in Angus said:

If the  unthinkable happened what are the chances that we will survive as a club ? if we are currently losing money  hand over fist I would think that would only get a lot lot worse in the Highland League. I personally think a big gamble money wise is required in January to bring in players ( probably easier said than done )  that could help secure our league status

If you're worried about your chances of survival in the HL just now, surely it'll be made a lot worse if a big gamble doesn't pay off and you still go down?

1 hour ago, Ginaro said:

If you're worried about your chances of survival in the HL just now, surely it'll be made a lot worse if a big gamble doesn't pay off and you still go down?

Good point, they'd be as well just carrying on as they are.

7 hours ago, charlie king mvp said:

Are you suggesting that someone is ready to come in with a cash investment in the short term? 

In the past I have been wary of the club getting away from our current model of the club being owned by the members, but maybe the time has come for a change. Perhaps we will not be able to thrive as a club without changing to a club owned by shareholders. I think we could survive in the Highland League if the worst came to it but I'm not sure if we would be able to be build a successful team to get us back into the league. 

two successive relegations and bottom of the league is surely a sign that something needs to change.

Cash injection is needed to survive and rebuild but the current structure will struggle to attract cash as their is no certainty that funds will be well invested. 

9 hours ago, Best Team in Angus said:

If the  unthinkable happened what are the chances that we will survive as a club ? if we are currently losing money  hand over fist I would think that would only get a lot lot worse in the Highland League. I personally think a big gamble money wise is required in January to bring in players ( probably easier said than done )  that could help secure our league status and would suggest that the committee get the begging bowl out as a matter of urgency and speak to businesses / supporters near and far to help out, but they must also explain to them what the plans are for the future because it appears that big changes are required to modernise the running of the club, basically a complete rethink. Some may say a bit early to push the panic button with over half a season left  to play ( but just ask Berwick Rangers )  plans need put in place now to give us the best chance of survival, maybe the committee have it all in hand I really do hope so, but given the very very serious nature of our position I think an EGM should be called immediately  to let the fans especially the season ticket holders know what is happening and find out what help would be welcomed to aid our survival. I am sure the committee are doing their absolute  best but now is the time for everyone to do their bit, for most as simple as turning up in numbers to the games and getting behind the team 100% something that I know has not been easy given some of the performances but the fans must play their part and support the team from the first minute to the last minute

Mon the City

We need to start thinking that relegation is not ‘unthinkable’. 4 points adrift and only 2 wins in the bottom league is evident enough that relegation out of the league is thinkable.  The squad needs improvement and that opportunity closes in 7 weeks. 

I agree that the committee needs support both financially and with expertise to rebuild the club as a business that can thrive on and off the pitch. Get the finances sorted, recruit wiser and get the fans back on side as they are the ones who will bring the support to the club every other Saturday.  

Edited by Brechintogether

43 minutes ago, Brechintogether said:

We need to start thinking that relegation is not ‘unthinkable’. 4 points adrift and only 2 wins in the bottom league is evident enough that relegation out of the league is thinkable.  The squad needs improvement and that opportunity closes in 7 weeks. 

I agree that the committee needs support both financially and with expertise to rebuild the club as a business that can thrive on and off the pitch. Get the finances sorted, recruit wiser and get the fans back on side as they are the ones who will bring the support to the club every other Saturday.  

Come on then Brechintogether - joined Nov 17th, all your posts to date seem to be about changing the model and/or bringing in external business expertise, implying that there is something wrong with the current committee. I’m not suggesting you are up to anything nefarious but I do infer that you have some kind of angle on this, and/or know more than you are letting on. Would it be unreasonable to ask you to declare any interests before we go much further with this conversation? 

50 minutes ago, Infirmary Street said:

Come on then Brechintogether - joined Nov 17th, all your posts to date seem to be about changing the model and/or bringing in external business expertise, implying that there is something wrong with the current committee. I’m not suggesting you are up to anything nefarious but I do infer that you have some kind of angle on this, and/or know more than you are letting on. Would it be unreasonable to ask you to declare any interests before we go much further with this conversation? 

Nothing like that. Just have concerns based on the state of other clubs like Berwick who learnt too late.