The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

2 hours ago, VinnyPar said:

How has Paul Allan played with you chaps despite the poor season so far?

Played 4 or 5 times so far. Not made a huge impact but then is playing in a struggling side. Didn’t see the away game at Annan in the cup  - he was pretty anonymous in the replay but to be fair that could apply to most of the side. Early days though and we are hoping for a positive reaction tomorrow - Wilson has been quite forthright in his pre-match comments and it doesnt sound as though he’ll be tolerating much more of the same. However he’s not likely to have much room to manoeuvre in terms of the playing staff so it’s going to come down to coaching and man management ability. Have said it before but there is some ability in the squad if it can be unlocked and hopefully Allan can be one of those who starts to show what he’s capable of - starting tomorrow! 

I'm aware that now may not be the time, but how is Chris McLaughlin doing at Glebe Park? He was one of very few bright sparks for us in 2017/18 and I really thought he'd make himself a solid Championship player - but after disappearing down under and reappearing in slightly more round form I'm a bit worried he'll never reach those levels.

1 hour ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I'm aware that now may not be the time, but how is Chris McLaughlin doing at Glebe Park? He was one of very few bright sparks for us in 2017/18 and I really thought he'd make himself a solid Championship player - but after disappearing down under and reappearing in slightly more round form I'm a bit worried he'll never reach those levels.

He obviously thinks he is better than he actually is and doesn't take kindly to fans questioning his contribution. 

That said , he is a  good crosser of the ball  when going forward but tends to lose concentration very easily when defending ( mind you our whole defence are guilty of that ) 

Edited by theoriginalhedge

On 11/11/2019 at 20:34, theoriginalhedge said:

He obviously thinks he is better than he actually is and doesn't take kindly to fans questioning his contribution. 

That said , he is a  good crosser of the ball  when going forward but tends to lose concentration very easily when defending ( mind you our whole defence are guilty of that ) 

That's a shame. I really hoped Mark Wilson might be the kind of guy he needed to give him a boot up the backside, but alas not.

An early red card last night to compound things. It really doesn't look good for you guys at all.

1 hour ago, Jan Vojáček said:

That's a shame. I really hoped Mark Wilson might be the kind of guy he needed to give him a boot up the backside, but alas not.

An early red card last night to compound things. It really doesn't look good for you guys at all.

Mark might indeed be that person.    The manner of his sending off may suggest that he perhaps doesn't like his contribution to be questioned by anyone . 

Our situation is a bit grim .  The reality of it all is sinking in at an alarming rate now.  :(

Edited by theoriginalhedge

Mark might indeed be that person.    The manner of his sending off may suggest that he perhaps doesn't like his contribution to be questioned by anyone . 
Our situation is a bit grim .  The reality of it all is sinking in at an alarming rate now.  [emoji20]
What did he do that resulted in the sending off?

2 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:
3 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:
Our situation is a bit grim .  The reality of it all is sinking in at an alarming rate now.  emoji20.png

What did he do that resulted in the sending off?

Reports  said foul and abusive language. 

5 hours ago, hedgeman83 said:
20 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:
Reports  said foul and abusive language. 

Aptently was shouting and swearing at the linesman

Shame because he’s been one of a handful that have been even close to good enough so far. McManus has been the standout; McMinn in goal has been dealt a really poor hand but has been pretty good whenever i’ve seen him and outstanding in the home game against Cove; Inglis has been a pleasant surprise. One or two others have had their (good) moments, but we need more than just glimpses now or we really are in trouble unless Mark can somehow tempt Zlatan to sign up in January

saturday will be tough but hopefully a decent travelling support can be the catalyst for a positive result. That’s anything better than 5-2!

1 minute ago, Infirmary Street said:

Shame because he’s been one of a handful that have been even close to good enough so far. McManus has been the standout; McMinn in goal has been dealt a really poor hand but has been pretty good whenever i’ve seen him and outstanding in the home game against Cove; Inglis has been a pleasant surprise. One or two others have had their (good) moments, but we need more than just glimpses now or we really are in trouble unless Mark can somehow tempt Zlatan to sign up in January

saturday will be tough but hopefully a decent travelling support can be the catalyst for a positive result. That’s anything better than 5-2!

I agree but sorry to say  I think we really are in trouble right now  both on and off the field . Little chance of much happening player wise as we have used up 3 of our 4 loan options already. :(

2 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

I agree but sorry to say  I think we really are in trouble right now  both on and off the field . Little chance of much happening player wise as we have used up 3 of our 4 loan options already. :(

I think it’s  4 at one time so you can ditch the 3 you have now and bring in 4 more in the window.

1 hour ago, hedgeman83 said:

Out of the loan players I would keep hamilton prob one of our better players the other 2 can get tae should have never let paddy go to keep a loan keeper that's not even that good

Goalkeepers thrive on confidence.  Playing behind that defence would shatter anyone's confidence .   I did think Sinclair was outstanding in his first game but understandably his form dropped due to aforementioned reason , followed by injury .  Maybe a bit harsh calling him not that good.        On the plus side for him  , he will get plenty practice. ;)

Goalkeepers thrive on confidence.  Playing behind that defence would shatter anyone's confidence .   I did think Sinclair was outstanding in his first game but understandably his form dropped due to aforementioned reason , followed by injury .  Maybe a bit harsh calling him not that good.        On the plus side for him  , he will get plenty practice. [emoji6]
Yeah you maybe have a point there