The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

Shame to see him go but absolutely no need for any club at this level to have 3 keepers. Sinclair is obviously on loan for the season and McMinn has been largely excellent so it’s little surprise that Paddy is the one to go.

Very likeable character. All the very best to him.

• 2 weeks later...

Terrible in 1st half again today, got slightly better in 2nd half after subs were made.  Worrying we didn’t create many chances, badly need a decent striker up top with McManus.  Also need to start with our experienced midfielders instead of teenage loan signings who aren’t good enough fo this league.  Oh well concentrate on League now

Edited by Debs2101

Yep that was a 2-0 hammering which is a  bit worrying - we got a chasing in the first half despite playing down the hill and he fact that the meagre home crowd was reduced to cheering the odd quarter-chance in the second half spoke volumes. 

Both goals were a bit soft but tbh Annan wouldn’t have been flattered by 3 or 4. Too many home players just not up to it. Keeper did nothing wrong, again and I thought Chris McLaughlin was very good. McManus worked hard as ever but to everyone suggesting we need another good striker alongside him i’d say - fine but if we can’t keep possession of the ball and give it to the front men in the first place then it doesn’t matter who those guys are. On that note I would start McCord every time. I know he’s not fit and I appreciate the manager sees him in training when we don’t, but at least he can put his foot on the ball and give it to someone in a red shirt which is more than can be said for most. Olly Hamilton had a couple of bright moments as well but has to learn to get his head up when he’s made 30 yards at speed

6 hours ago, Infirmary Street said:

Yep that was a 2-0 hammering which is a  bit worrying - we got a chasing in the first half despite playing down the hill and he fact that the meagre home crowd was reduced to cheering the odd quarter-chance in the second half spoke volumes. 

Both goals were a bit soft but tbh Annan wouldn’t have been flattered by 3 or 4. Too many home players just not up to it. Keeper did nothing wrong, again and I thought Chris McLaughlin was very good. McManus worked hard as ever but to everyone suggesting we need another good striker alongside him i’d say - fine but if we can’t keep possession of the ball and give it to the front men in the first place then it doesn’t matter who those guys are. On that note I would start McCord every time. I know he’s not fit and I appreciate the manager sees him in training when we don’t, but at least he can put his foot on the ball and give it to someone in a red shirt which is more than can be said for most. Olly Hamilton had a couple of bright moments as well but has to learn to get his head up when he’s made 30 yards at speed

Agree with most what you say have to say Crawford is simply not nearly good enough and we really need to get someone else up front to help Shagger. Did not think that Annan were any great shakes  the big difference was their No7  and they scored two goals and we could have played for another 90mins and would never have scored. I don't normally comment on referees but some of his decisions were a disgrace as was some of the play acting by a few Annan players. Looking at things just now I really fear for us but the saving grace might be there are a few teams about our standard in this league. 

Really poor yesterday lest it was a cup game though now to concentrate on the league I get that Crawford was rotten yesterday but why was he not just replaced by another striker ? Think we play better with 2 up front. To top off what was a bad day was a certain idiot throwing his toys out the pram shouting and swearing. Who then turned round to two women who were laughing about some thing and telling them to f**k off and shut the f**k up about time this idiot was banned I know he reads things on here but I dont care his behaviour is totally unacceptable

Really poor yesterday lest it was a cup game though now to concentrate on the league I get that Crawford was rotten yesterday but why was he not just replaced by another striker ? Think we play better with 2 up front. To top off what was a bad day was a certain idiot throwing his toys out the pram shouting and swearing. Who then turned round to two women who were laughing about some thing and telling them to f**k off and shut the f**k up about time this idiot was banned I know he reads things on here but I dont care his behaviour is totally unacceptable

Name and Shame

4 hours ago, hedgeman83 said:

Really poor yesterday lest it was a cup game though now to concentrate on the league I get that Crawford was rotten yesterday but why was he not just replaced by another striker ? Think we play better with 2 up front.

I thought we looked much better after Crawford went off - we were more solid in midfield and started to get into the game.  Hamilton and Knox pushed on a bit and were supporting from wide - a couple of times Hamilton took on his man and held on a bit too long when Knox was free on the other side and looking for the ball.  A bit better decision making at times and I think it could have been a different scoreline.  Not that we were any great shakes, but I didn't think much of Annan either.  And don't get me started on the ref.  Our heads went after he started giving them everything with about 10-15 mins left and that's how the penalty came about.

4 hours ago, Brechin City FC said:

I thought we looked much better after Crawford went off - we were more solid in midfield and started to get into the game.  Hamilton and Knox pushed on a bit and were supporting from wide - a couple of times Hamilton took on his man and held on a bit too long when Knox was free on the other side and looking for the ball.  A bit better decision making at times and I think it could have been a different scoreline.  Not that we were any great shakes, but I didn't think much of Annan either.  And don't get me started on the ref.  Our heads went after he started giving them everything with about 10-15 mins left and that's how the penalty came about.

Agree,  midfield much better after Crawford went off.  Hamilton needs to lift his head & not try and do it all himself, it’s a team game.