The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

Well a few names been pinged about; Gavin Price was offered it - no thanks, Steve Aitken (it appears) also no thanks and Hegarty (apparently could not agree terms - thank f**k). 

If any prospective managers watched yesterday they would have seen what a shambles Smith has left in his wake. In the opening two minutes we passed and look good for the goal. However lack of confidence after Cowden scored was there for all to see as we resorted to panic hoofs. Confidence to stick to the game plan and play football just is not there.

They would have also seen McLaughlin (Boomer) never finding a pass / cross all game. He would also have noted that N'Goy or Crawford are not strikers - they offered next to nothing - no movement, no control and certainly no finish.

The only person coming to us will be either a junior manager or someone coming to the end of their playing career and looking for a start. We have had success going down the newbe route and might have to again as not sure who else would be interested.

Lets see.

At half time yesterday, I thought a one goal lead would not be enough facing that wind and expected a Brechin onslaught. It didn’t happen and although we had to clear one off the line, I thought we deserved the win.

Brechin were poor and Hill and Page looked nervous all game.

i fear for Brechin as they have suffered the same fate as we and Albion Rovers suffered. Tumbling down the leagues with poor managers until landing  at the bottom. Then it is difficult to attract anyone decent to stop the rot. This appointment is massive for Brechin and they have to get it right. I wish you the best of luck.

One thing I learned from the last three games is there is not much between clubs in this league.QP were made to look good by Brechin being so bad.We could have been beat at Albion but got the breaks and yesterday there was nothing much between the teams apart from a stupid penalty we gave away.We badly need someone to help McManus both big lads very poor.Another decent midfielder to let McCord sit deeper and spray the ball around.A wide player with pace to go past the full back.Neither keeper were tested all that much.

The time has arrived where radical change is needed in the way our football club is being run. For far too long people have been allowed to run this club the wrong way.

Us season ticket holders must demand change and demand it this week, we have now had 2 managers decline our offer of managing a potentially good club and guaranteed we will now end up sliding all the way into the Highland league if we do not stand together and insist on change.

This Club which was once the best football club in Angus has stood still whilst others have embraced change and looked to the future, the result is now clear to see, Arbroath, Forfar and Montrose well ahead financially because of their vision and willingness to listen to others and plan for the future.

If you continue to do what you have always done you we will not be here in a couple of years time, why is it that all the successful business people in Brechin don't have any involvement?

It is time to get us out of this mess now before it is too late, the committee have picked the people to manage the club and if compensation was paid to Darren Dodds for being a failure i do hope they paid this money from their own pockets because no manager in the lower leagues deserves to be paid for failure.