The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

3 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

On to Saturday then ..........not a clue what formation we will play , who will be in goal , if we will have more than one striker .........If we are thinking that, god knows what Smith's head is like just now. 

Given that we already have a striker in Shagger, we want as little favouritism between our three keepers, and that he's he's 6'3", it'll probably be Ngoy.

Some of the idiots shouting and moaning soon as we go a goal down one in particular. If your not there to support the team then f**k off and dont come back fed up of your negative shite. Sorry for the language but that certain idiot really annoyed me today. Thought there was a big improvement today showed alot of fight as,was said we played alot better with 2 strikers on the pitch. Thought the new keeper had a few good saves just a shame paddy is getting pushed out

What a diffrence today when we played 2 upfront i thought shagger,reekie and mclntosh were our best players today.Surley we have to start with 2 upfront from now on
Fwiw, I was in line with Lennox's goal line when he fumbled and the ball was a good foot over the line. Amazed it wasn't given by the linesman.

Best of luck this season in L2.

On 25/07/2019 at 18:27, BB_Bino said:

That’s a brilliant signing for Brechin as Sinclair has a massive future in the game. Big things are expected of him by Bobby Geddes and Tommy Wright at club level, and Fraser Stewart at International Level.

The Brechin keeper was fantastic today. Saved them from an absolute hiding.
Montrose could have been 3 or 4 up had it not been for him.
Mind you, we should have been 1 down at half time. How the linesman missed the one tht the Mo keeper dropped is beyond me.
It was a good 2 feet over the line. 

3 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

So we didn't lose to Montrose after 90 mins?

giphy.gif

‘Down, negative man’! No, and can we take it that you weren’t at the game? Much better today, particularly in the 2nd half with a great chance to win it with about five to go. Yes the keeper made some good saves to keep us in it (which bodes well) but we also had a perfectly good goal disallowed cos the lino couldn’t keep up with the game.

Not brilliant by any stretch, but things have improved game on game for me so far and despite the results i’d say we are heading in the right direction. Two key players out today in McCord and Watt shows that we still need an extra head or two for good cover, esp in defence. But the team were knocking it around in the 2nd half with a bit of confidence and at times it was like a Brechin 2nd half of a few years back, piling forward down the hill towards the cemetery end. The players visibly gained in confidence as the half went on. 

McManus put in a great shift for most of the game and I’d have given him MotM ahead of McLaughlin, although he did well too. I thought McIntosh looked much better than in previous games and all the subs offered something when they came on. Crawford will scare defences and Emile showed off some fancy footwork that will scare his manager 

Let’s hope Barry goes with a bit of that attacking intent in the league next week and he wasn’t just kidding us on today because it was a dead rubber

I am on record as saying that I do not think Barry Smith is the man for the job but as said above game on game this year there has been steady improvement, I like the look of a few players and how we are trying to play lets hope we stick with 2 up front and continue the improvement. Time for the good people of Brechin to come out in numbers and support the team in what is a big  big season for us. As Hedgeman  says there are a few morons at the cemetery road end that really need to look at themselves some of the comments yesterday were unbelievable

Mon the City and hopefully Barry Smith proves me completely wrong 

9 hours ago, jd_mo said:

Fwiw, I was in line with Lennox's goal line when he fumbled and the ball was a good foot over the line. Amazed it wasn't given by the linesman.

Best of luck this season in L2.

Cheers . All the best to you lads too.

I was at the Glebe shouting on the Mo.

I thought we were going to walk it, but Brechin played well, Sinclair did a great job, sure he will be good for you.

Your no. 5, Hill, made a bollocks of himself tho.

Im really hoping Brechin do well and get back up to league 1, it’s a great wee derby and I kin some of the Brechin fans, good lads.

• 2 weeks later...

Fine to have another midweek friendly tomorrow to try things out. Hopefully Emile gets a chance to claim the striker's jersey.  Badly need someone who can take their chances. 

Pity we didn't get Kane Hester . I have a feeling he will show Smith he was wrong to turn him down.   Spark will be determined to do likewise tomorrow no doubt. 

12 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Fine to have another midweek friendly tomorrow to try things out. Hopefully Emile gets a chance to claim the striker's jersey.  Badly need someone who can take their chances. 

Pity we didn't get Kane Hester . I have a feeling he will show Smith he was wrong to turn him down.   Spark will be determined to do likewise tomorrow no doubt. 

So Sparky for a red card then😂

13 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Smith turned Hester down .....well thats the script written for tonights encounter .

Possible new signing incoming before game tonight any idea who this might be ?

"After coming off on Saturday, Dougie Hill is rated as 50/50 whilst the match has come too soon for Ross Brown and Fionn McLeod Kay who will likely need another full weeks training before coming into contention. Luke Watt made his return from injury as he played the second half of Saturday's game at Edinburgh and is likely to start. There is also the possibility of a new signing, subject to paperwork being completed. "