The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

I'll need to watch it again later but I thought he said it was something that as a management team and his staff they couldn't affect. I don't think he said "the club" which to me suggests something different. But then I am maybe reading too much into it. 
I have a suspicious mind!

The way I heard it was “as a management team and staff” with staff probably being the management committee, but then I could be wrong.

Like I said earlier, there are other clubs also in the same predicament with international clearance for some players which makes me think it’s more the respective FA’s that are taking the piss.

Either way fingers crossed we get something through by tomorrow otherwise we’ll be struggling to field 11 again or we’ll be forced into making a panic signing.

5 hours ago, gm_1982 said:

Either way fingers crossed we get something through by tomorrow otherwise we’ll be struggling to field 11 again or we’ll be forced into making a panic signing.

Fingers crossed we do, or i’ll be giving it a miss. Though Barry didn’t actually do a bad job on Sat it was still pretty embarrassing and I’d prefer not to be facing premier league opposition having to make excuses for my team/club. Besides which, we want to see them WIN games - not just put up a reasonable performance in difficult circumstances, and then lose anyway. I know these aren’t the worst kind of defeat but losing can easily become a dangerous habit as we’ve seen for the last two seasons.  

Edit - i’ve Just realised we are home to county tmrw, not away to st Johnstone! In which case, ignore everything I just said - i’ll be there whatever....!

Edited by Infirmary Street
Idiocy

45 minutes ago, ewan_fife said:

A back 4 of Watt, Smith, Hill and McLaughlin is a very strong back 4 for league 2.

Barry Smith will still stroll this league. Probably because he's not capable of running anymore.

On 15/07/2019 at 15:39, theoriginalhedge said:

Fuckin Brexit !  

Got f**k all to do with Brexit. In case you haven't noticed, we're still in the EU.

The EU could have passed laws to ensure fairer distribution of telly money.

Instead, it just lets the UEFA/big club cartel take the money and f**k the rest of us.

4 hours ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Got f**k all to do with Brexit. In case you haven't noticed, we're still in the EU.

Instead, it just lets the UEFA/big club cartel take the money and f**k the rest of us.

Daily Mail reader found...

Barry Smith will still stroll this league. Probably because he's not capable of running anymore.
He's not capable of managing a team either so maybe a good idea he does play and leaves the management side of things to someome else...

25 minutes ago, grumswall said:
6 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

He's not capable of managing a team either so maybe a good idea he does play and leaves the management side of things to someome else...

Raith fan gonna Raith.

17 hours ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Wow.  Just wow. :o

I’m sure some people may know, but for those who don’t there is a new Fantasy football Scotland app, I will leave the link to the app on Apple devices below, on Android just type in Fantasy football Scotland and it should pop up

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/fantasy-football-scotland/id1469063365

I have created a league for all Pie and Bovril users if anyone wants to join, we already have around 30 people in the league just from the initial thread so hopefully we can get more, the code to join the league is

PRANJXBW

Hopefully we can get a good amount of people in :)

Not the best performance tonight dont think shagger is suited to playing up top on his own thought mcminn and McLaughlin were our better players tonight.Hope the knock that McCord took ain't to serious

Wasnt there tonight so cant comment on the game but thought the same the last few games looked like shagger needs some one playing along side him

It was something I noted a couple of games back.

Shagger will get  some goals purely down to his work rate - but can he keep that going for the whole season? And yes he does need someone up beside him, but who?

And are there another couple of signings to come? Only 4 on the bench.

Midfield for me but we have also leaked a lot of goals. 

There will come a point where 'the new team' excuse will not rub.

This Sat will be a good indicator before the league gets started.