The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

I can understand City would have had a drop in sales for last season after the season they had in the Championship but I would have thought they would have had a decent sale the previous season on the back of winning the play off and going up. So is there really a great amount of people who hadn't bought a ticket over the last 2 seasons who would now consider buying one now after 2 relegation's - there can't be many.

I really can’t believe this, who could have thought this was a good idea?
Does the committee think this will actually attract many/any new season ticket holders ?
Do they not think that this will totally piss off the existing club members and result in lower overall sales ?
Hard to see the reasoning behind this

Whoever thought up this shitty idea has no sense of what the season ticket holders for the last two seasons have had to endure . Then to find out ive to pay MORE  than others for this years ticket is a total kick in the stanes .  I cant believe what i read on the club website.  Well im of the view that if they can afford to give tickets away cheaper to " FANS "  as a welcome back then they can afford to do without my season ticket money.  Message to Ken and co , you can come out and try to defend this all you want but see those fans that stuck by you and your team the last  two seasons well ,well done you have just pissed a lot of them off .  Nice work.  

3 hours ago, gm_1982 said:

Not a fan of this either but how do you balance it?

Simple you make sure you look after your existing season ticket holders first ie the ones who have sat through two years of dross.

What a horrendous decision from club about the season tickets what a kick in the teeth it is to the fans who have sat through 2 years of some of the worst football I've ever seen at glebe park. Just shows that committee needs some new blood in it Ken and co's ideas on how to run a football club are clearly outdated

Crazy. Loyal fans should get the best deal. Clubs should also give school kids bargain basement offers. Brechin allowing them in for free is excellent.
Absolutely.
When I seen a few folk on my twitter timeline up in arms about something brechin had done, I had a wee look, couldn't believe they've actually thought this would be a good idea.
If anyone deserves a reward its the folk that's sat and watched that for 2 years.
Or how about "sign up a new ST holder and you both get £25 off".

Season ticket holder for 30 years plus what a reward for us loyal fans especially for the last 2 seasons. Time for change Ken and committee have run out of ideas this will cost club season ticket sales

43 minutes ago, CITYLAD said:

Season ticket holder for 30 years plus what a reward for us loyal fans especially for the last 2 seasons. Time for change Ken and committee have run out of ideas this will cost club season ticket sales

I agree that this is offer is a complete farce and is really really badly thought out and unbelievably naive . Time for a change !! we will see how many people come forward to apply for the position on the committee and what is said at the AGM probably as usual very little. - SO TO ALL SEASON TICKET HOLDERS ITS YOUR CHANCE TO HELP SHAPE THE FUTURE OF YOUR CLUB APPLY NOW FOR THE COMMITTEE POSITION

If anything it should a case that you get a discount on your second season ticket, encouraging ST holders to have at least one renewal.  That would be far more productive rather than pissing them off in the hope that more people take up the offer than give them up.

On the other hand, as the 'existing customer' post (kudos btw) suggests, the dangling carrot approach is really no different to how the majority of other businesses work.  Sadly this just highlights that SPFL football is essentially a 'business first, community club second ' affair from top to bottom. 😞

Had a season ticket pretty much for 30 years. I am not going o preseason games but will go to the home league cup games and then decide if I will get one.

This just makes it more irritating, however quality of football will influence my decision to buy or not.

I noticed they’ve re-advertised the current committee vacancy so it would appear we are struggling to fill that let alone potentially replacing those further up.

I hope all those commenting above will be making their thoughts known at the AGM. I don’t live locally so will be unable to make it.

5 hours ago, Cold Feet said:

Had a season ticket pretty much for 30 years. I am not going o preseason games but will go to the home league cup games and then decide if I will get one.

This just makes it more irritating, however quality of football will influence my decision to buy or not.

Given that our pre-league games are against two Premiership sides, what will probably be the top two Championship sides, the bookies' favourite to stroll League 1, last year's runners up and the team that beat us 4/4, it'll be a tough ask.

That said, this brand new squad could turn out to be the Glebetrotters and wipe the floor with the lot of them.  Only time will tell...