The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

2 hours ago, Diamond Smiles said:

Christopher McLaughlin a left back formerly with Ross County and Dumbarton is one.

If he's fit then Boomer will be an absolute stand-out in League Two. He was one of our best players in our final season in the Championship up until a nasty injury ended his season early.

By all accounts he played for a local amateur team in Dumbarton for a game last season season, and was hooked at HT because he was struggling so much with his fitness. I hope he's got himself back in better shape because he has the potential to be a smashing player.

If he's fit then Boomer will be an absolute stand-out in League Two. He was one of our best players in our final season in the Championship up until a nasty injury ended his season early.
By all accounts he played for a local amateur team in Dumbarton for a game last season season, and was hooked at HT because he was struggling so much with his fitness. I hope he's got himself back in better shape because he has the potential to be a smashing player.

Agree with this, he was with us for a year on loan and looked very good!
Quite solid at the back & was dangerous going forward, a modern day full back! [emoji1319]
Too good for League 2 in my opinion.

With McIntosh you'll get someone who's versatile to say the least, seen him anywhere across a back four, anywhere across the middle of the park and linking midfield and attack.

For whatever reason he just couldn't make the break through with us.

His quality and composure on the ball can't be denied, passing wise, his vision and quality of ball is fine and im glad he's stayed in the leagues and hope he does well, by all accounts he's a nice guy, just needed a break.

5 minutes ago, hedgeman83 said:

Well going by what McLaughlin has put on Twitter he is only signing for us cause hes had no other offers he dosnt sound too happy about it Screenshot_20190616-181233_Twitter.thumb.jpg.a082a03d8273939a77a79c1a35c104eb.jpg

I'm not sure if I'm being whooshed here, but you do realise that isn't him? 

7 minutes ago, hedgeman83 said:
8 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:
I'm not sure if I'm being whooshed here, but you do realise that isn't him? 

It's not ? Did seem odd a player saying that

Nope. For a start that guy's surname is McLaughlan and not McLaughlin.

Boomer is @ BeatsMclaughlin

https://twitter.com/beatsmclaughlin

20 minutes ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

With McIntosh you'll get someone who's versatile to say the least, seen him anywhere across a back four, anywhere across the middle of the park and linking midfield and attack.

For whatever reason he just couldn't make the break through with us.

His quality and composure on the ball can't be denied, passing wise, his vision and quality of ball is fine and im glad he's stayed in the leagues and hope he does well, by all accounts he's a nice guy, just needed a break.

I would agree with that. There seem to be mixed opinions on him amongst the Airdrie support but I always liked him. Composed and neat and tidy on the ball. Not the biggest so maybe not an ideal centre-half but he's a good enough tackler too.

Not sure what his best position though. Played all over the park and done decent enough in all positions without really excelling or badly struggling in any of them. As much as I liked him I think he should have dropped down a level a season ago. Not because he wasn't good enough but so he could get a run of games and establish himself in one position, an opportunity he never got for whatever reason under several managers at Airdrie. Think his utility tag weighed unfavourably on him in the end. Definitely got talent though and hope he does well for yourselves. 

I know you guys are worried, still haven't signed half a team and have to endure Barry Smith but with McCord, Watt and McIntosh you should have more than enough quality to do well in League 2. 

Well going by what McLaughlin has put on Twitter he is only signing for us cause hes had no other offers he dosnt sound too happy about it Screenshot_20190616-181233_Twitter.thumb.jpg.a082a03d8273939a77a79c1a35c104eb.jpg

You genuinely thought that was him, really?! [emoji23]

Happy with our (albeit slow) business so far. Barry clearly taking his time to bring in the right players as opposed to bringing in guys just to bring up the numbers. Need another half dozen at the very least in the next couple of weeks though.

7 hours ago, Citytillidie said:

Sean mclntosh signs that takes us up to 5 players signed for the season

McIntosh is a perfect example of modern day pro youth prospects,  Came through celti c youth with Tierney and McGregor,   Technically he has the tools but lacks game nouse even after 3 seasons,  personally I think it is a confidence issue and if you have a good man manager he could get a turn out of him possibly,   was involved in some horrendous Airdrie defensive calamities always has a mistake or 3 in him.   Right back I think is his strongest position or least damaging,  not aggressive enough for centre half of midfield.  The lad still has a chance but as I say it depends as much as who the manager is and his personal skills.

IMG_4405.jpg.face77084ba512e13b16f4889c484b0e.jpg

The driving force of the club.

Well done guys.[emoji122][emoji122]

Media man Steve at the front there I see...jack of all trades [emoji23][emoji1360]

Well done lads look forward to heading up to the Glebe for the Dundee friendly.