The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

Aye but most other clubs have more than 3 players signed before starting pre season

I’m sure there will be some activity this week...besides the start of pre-season is about fitness so the number taking part in these sessions isn’t particularly important.

6 minutes ago, gm_1982 said:

I’m sure there will be some activity this week...besides the start of pre-season is about fitness so the number taking part in these sessions isn’t particularly important.

Surely you would want all your players signed before pre- season starts, so the players can do a it of team bonding.Its a bit of organised chaos at the moment.Or the committee don’t give a damn anymore and want Brechin to disappear into the highland league.

Surely you would want all your players signed before pre- season starts, so the players can do a it of team bonding.Its a bit of organised chaos at the moment.Or the committee don’t give a damn anymore and want Brechin to disappear into the highland league.
At least there'd be some new grounds to see[emoji6]

I’m sure Barry Smith is like every other manager at this level and would rather have players tied up as early as possible, to give him enough time to work with them before the season kicks off. Being Part Time, pre season is vital as you don’t see enough of the players as it is.

For whatever reason, Smith has not managed to do this, it might be he has been knocked back on targets, that he’s waiting on people getting back to him or that he’s struggling to identify players that he believes have the quality to achieve the aim of promotion.

Whatever the reason is, it’s not ideal preparation and it’s understandable why a section of your support is concerned.

4 hours ago, hedgeman83 said:

Well if they are training at the glebe tomorrow there's maybe a few going to be signing contracts then. I know the club dont announce players until they have actually signed a contract

Is Daz  McCormack still at yourselves, last i heard he was out i njured

On 14/06/2019 at 22:34, Passionate said:

Is Daz  McCormack still at yourselves, last i heard he was out i njured

A failed drugs test was the least of his worries. 2yr ban from that but this was more serious :shutup

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/2615219/darren-mccormack-attempted-murder-trial-james-martin-dead-leith/