Players as fans

I wouldn’t be so sure that Bruce Anderson’s a Dons fan.   I’m sure I read or heard somewhere that his dad who was seemingly a pretty decent player for Deveronvale and/or Deveronside is a Celtic fan.  So there's a fair chance young Bruce would be  as well, if he supports any team.

Pretty sure Bruce Anderson is a don, deano definitely is, and I’m pretty certain McLennan is as well. Can’t guarantee Wright though.

I’ve heard conflicting stories that Ryan Gauld supports the **** although others say he supports aberdeen. I did hear John souttar was a dons fan as well, both Mearns lads.

27 minutes ago, killiepiemuncher said:

Hates the Killie with a passion. Bless.

He used to regularly come out in the press about how much he hated us and how desperate he was to beat us. His career record against Killie was P19 W3 D6 L10. Poor wee guy.

54 minutes ago, A96 said:

I wouldn’t be so sure that Bruce Anderson’s a Dons fan.   I’m sure I read or heard somewhere that his dad who was seemingly a pretty decent player for Deveronvale and/or Deveronside is a Celtic fan.  So there's a fair chance young Bruce would be  as well, if he supports any team.

Could say the same for Andy Considine then...

42 minutes ago, eberdeen said:

Pretty sure Bruce Anderson is a don, deano definitely is, and I’m pretty certain McLennan is as well. Can’t guarantee Wright though.

I’ve heard conflicting stories that Ryan Gauld supports the **** although others say he supports aberdeen. I did hear John souttar was a dons fan as well, both Mearns lads.

Gauld liked far too much Aberdeen tweets to not be a fan.

49 minutes ago, eberdeen said:

Sure Souttar was a Brechin fan.

6 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Could say the same for Andy Considine then...

Gauld liked far too much Aberdeen tweets to not be a fan.

Was Doug Considine a  Celtic fan ?

Two more Dandies - Lee Mair and Stuart Duff. Both had “dream moves” to their boyhood clubs under Calderwood and both were pretty guff.

Duff had his moments (couple of goals v Celtic spring to mind) and Mair had a good career away from the Dons (LC win with St Mirren) but neither will go down in the annals as particular favourites.

33 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Allegedly so.

Ach well, even if that was the case and even if Andy was a Celtic fan too, I don’t think his commitment to us is in any doubt. 

Two more Dandies - Lee Mair and Stuart Duff. Both had “dream moves” to their boyhood clubs under Calderwood and both were pretty guff.

Duff had his moments (couple of goals v Celtic spring to mind) and Mair had a good career away from the Dons (LC win with St Mirren) but neither will go down in the annals as particular favourites.

Was very confident that I seen Duff on Saturday with a Rangers tracksuit on, outside Sainsbury’s Holburn St. Must have been a good lookalike.

1 minute ago, The Woolshed said:

Was very confident that I seen Duff on Saturday with a Rangers tracksuit on, outside Sainsbury’s Holburn St. Must have been a good lookalike.

Might have been a Cove Rangers tracksuit , seeing as he was playing for them a couple of years ago?

Might have been a Cove Rangers tracksuit , seeing as he was playing for them a couple of years ago?

He’s at Locos now though isn’t he so not sure they be best pleased If he was. It must have just been a lookalike. In all likelihood he probably looked nothing like him and I’ve just had a nightmare all round.

21 minutes ago, The Woolshed said:

He’s at Locos now though isn’t he so not sure they be best pleased If he was. It must have just been a lookalike. In all likelihood he probably looked nothing like him and I’ve just had a nightmare all round.

Just seen an article from January saying that he was going to be hanging up his boots at the end of the season to take up a coaching role with the Dons.  So unlikely  that he’d have been wearing a Hvnn tracksuit!

13 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Would say similar for Jack, McLean, Hayes etc

Aye , I don’t think any of them could have been accused of not giving their all for AFC when they were playing for us