Players as fans

12 minutes ago, Tibbermoresaint said:

Just checking you were settling into your new home.

OK, we appreciate your concern but we're doing great thanks so there will be no need to pop in again this season, or ever again for that matter. 

We'll give you a shout if we need anything. 

Tapadh leat. 

4 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Recently, there seems to have been a trend of a few Motherwell youth players breaking through who, at least claim to be, genuine Motherwell fans. I'm never really sure how true this is, or if it's just diddy team footballers finally being savvy enough not to piss off Yer Da by immediately declaring "I pure love the Celtic, me" as soon as they've made their Motherwell debut, or whatever.

Either way, I find it quite interesting. Stephen Thompson has always struck me as an actual proper St Mirren fan - i.e not Chick Young- and Lee Miller wore a Motherwell wristband a few times at different clubs.

Any other footballers who are genuine fans of a team? Particularly non-OF ones because that's a bit less noteworthy.

Jamie Semple is an accie, FTW

3 hours ago, accies1874 said:

Lewis Smith is apparently an Accies fan.
He's probably not though.

He's defo an accies fan. Posts as Patick Bateman I've heard.

Steven Lawless is a Rangers fan, goes to quite a few of the games in Europe at night. Was caught on camera a few times [emoji3] 

Apparently Liam Kelly is a Celtic fan despite coming through at Rangers. Lithgow is a Celtic fan having came through there. 

De Vita is a Lazio fan despite coming through at Roma as well [emoji3] 

I think the only hope we have is Keaghan Jacobs having come through at us with his brothers in his testimonial year just passed there. 

Certain that Keaghan is a Celtic/Man Utd fan.

Michael Travis is a fan, have also heard about Paterson. Reading Lamie’s interview earlier in the season he certainly attended a lot of games when he was younger, doesn’t really say to being a fan or not.

7 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Recently, there seems to have been a trend of a few Motherwell youth players breaking through who, at least claim to be, genuine Motherwell fans. I'm never really sure how true this is, or if it's just diddy team footballers finally being savvy enough not to piss off Yer Da by immediately declaring "I pure love the Celtic, me" as soon as they've made their Motherwell debut, or whatever.

Either way, I find it quite interesting. Stephen Thompson has always struck me as an actual proper St Mirren fan - i.e not Chick Young- and Lee Miller wore a Motherwell wristband a few times at different clubs.

Any other footballers who are genuine fans of a team? Particularly non-OF ones because that's a bit less noteworthy.

It they're playing for Motherwell and hiding who they truly support. It won't be Celtic m8. bQshDtu.png