Players as fans

13 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Apparently Liam Kelly is a Celtic fan despite coming through at Rangers. 

Liam (and Sean) Kelly's dad goes on a Celtic bus in Renfrew. He took a bit of a powering a few years back from fellow bus members as he celebrated his son equalising for St. Mirren at Parkhead. 

Thought of another een. Cammy Smith fuckin loves the Dons. He was in the Church on the Hill before the 16/17 Scottish Cup final while I believe playing for Dundee Utd on loan? Sang the Durrant song while standing on a table. “Nice one Cammy, nice one son..!”

2 minutes ago, RussellAnderson said:

Thought of another een. Cammy Smith fuckin loves the Dons. He was in the Church on the Hill before the 16/17 Scottish Cup final while I believe playing for Dundee Utd on loan? Sang the Durrant song while standing on a table. “Nice one Cammy, nice one son..!”

He was standing in front of me at the Hibs semi in 2017, hammered.

16 hours ago, RussellAnderson said:

Despite all being from the north east, it’s noticeable that out of Dean Campbell, Bruce Anderson, Scott Wright and Connor McLennan, only the former two make a big deal out of how much playing for the club means to them. I can only assume that means the latter two are filthy ****.

Wright and McLennan have both spoken about being Aberdeen fans.

So did Ryan Jack though.

8 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

So did Ryan Jack though.

I suspect the local young lads will be advised to say they are Dons fans when they get media training, whether it's genuine or not. Cammy Smith is definitely a regular at games when he can make it. And he finds Dundee United a laughing stock of a "football club".

(May have made that last bit up)

Edited by Dons_1988

So did Ryan Jack though.

Aye but with the amount Campbell and Anderson go on about it, you’d think if it was genuine for the other two then they’d be doing the same.

Could be reading too much into it though!!

11 hours ago, IggyStooge said:

No need for a Photoshop job...

2870913.main_image.jpg?strip=all&w=1200&

Why is Jim Jeffries managing the youth team?

Also I actually wanted to sign Kevin Thomson instead at the time ffs but at least I didn’t sing about about it then they headed off to our rivals :lol:

2 hours ago, Lebowski said:
3 hours ago, conboyhibs said:
Porteous, Hanlon, McGregor and Shaw.. possibly Fraser Murray too?

Shaw was a Jambo growing up.

Well, fingers crossed he doesn't turn out to be as good as Gordon Smith, Peter Cormack or Alan Gordon then

19 hours ago, RussellAnderson said:

Despite all being from the north east, it’s noticeable that out of Dean Campbell, Bruce Anderson, Scott Wright and Connor McLennan, only the former two make a big deal out of how much playing for the club means to them. I can only assume that means the latter two are filthy ****.

I wouldn’t be so sure that Bruce Anderson’s a Dons fan.   I’m sure I read or heard somewhere that his dad who was seemingly a pretty decent player for Deveronvale and/or Deveronside is a Celtic fan.  So there's a fair chance young Bruce would be  as well, if he supports any team.

Edited by A96