GableEnder21

Mighty Montrose FC 2019 / 2020

So how did this work out for you?

Pretty well. Fair few of you seem to have taken it seriously

Only embarrassing thing tonight was that it was 3-2. You'll never have a better chance to get 4/5 or 6 against us. Just beating that performance by 1 goal is worrying

Men against boys for 80mins, long season ahead for the Smokies.

We were excellent against Hearts and Hibs. Tonight looked a game too far. Legs gone plus players missing

I actually thought the same went for both teams in regards to looking tired. Some extremely embarrassing stuff from both sides. Made last half hour tremendous viewing

Only embarrassing thing tonight was that it was 3-2. You'll never have a better chance to get 4/5 or 6 against us. Just beating that performance by 1 goal is worrying
You boys were taken it serious as well.After the second goal went in for you lot so did the noise level from the smokie end.Good hard fought game rather that than a Formartine the other week which was like watching a training session.

You boys were taken it serious as well.After the second goal went in for you lot so did the noise level from the smokie end.Good hard fought game rather that than a Formartine the other week which was like watching a training session.

Never felt like that anyway. Group I was with burst out laughing after the second goal it was a total shit show

Thomson and Thomas O'Brien were getting dicked about by Josh Skelly. That tired they just resorted to going through the back of him which was pretty hilarious in fairness

Poor Colin Hamilton was running in quick sand all night, don't even want to be too harsh on him because he was clearly tired right from the start

If that was a proper game it would've been embarrassing. But it was a friendly after 3 incredibly hard friendlies within a week on a squad of 16 and a lot of pre season running

I think Montrose will do fine this season though. Steeves and Ballantyne are as good as you can get at L1. Fleming is dodgy for me still however Dillon's experience really shows. Thought the number 20 was pretty impressive and wouldn't be keen on having Skelly as your main striker, even if he did rip the pish at times last night

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Only embarrassing thing tonight was that it was 3-2. You'll never have a better chance to get 4/5 or 6 against us. Just beating that performance by 1 goal is worrying emoji12.png

^^^^ Totally not bothered.😁

Anyway, match over so all the best to both teams for the coming season. No probs with wishing the Smokies well in the Championship to fly the flag for Angus. I'm sure many of them wish us well in L1 this season. A bit different from couple of seasons ago we were within minutes of disappearing through the trapdoor. Onwards and upwards.

Never felt like that anyway. Group I was with burst out laughing after the second goal it was a total shit show

Thomson and Thomas O'Brien were getting dicked about by Josh Skelly. That tired they just resorted to going through the back of him which was pretty hilarious in fairness

Poor Colin Hamilton was running in quick sand all night, don't even want to be too harsh on him because he was clearly tired right from the start

If that was a proper game it would've been embarrassing. But it was a friendly after 3 incredibly hard friendlies within a week on a squad of 16 and a lot of pre season running

I think Montrose will do fine this season though. Steeves and Ballantyne are as good as you can get at L1. Fleming is dodgy for me still however Dillon's experience really shows. Thought the number 20 was pretty impressive and wouldn't be keen on having Skelly as your main striker, even if he did rip the pish at times last night

The Arbroath "Reem Teem" were getting a bit louder by the end certainly

Josh Skelly played really well never gave up and harassed the defence had a good tussle with Jason Thompson a unit of a guy as well.

Like you said Steevsie and Ballantyne back to what they do best bombing down the wing,two really good players and very lucky to have them could easy play at a higher level.

Cammy & Steeves are going to be our main threats this season. Two great attacking full backs who can also defend well. Both full of running. 

Glad to see Skelly starting to make his mark. 

Men against boys for 80mins, long season ahead for the Smokies.

Just beat hearts hibs and a strong celtic youth team, settle.

Result was to be expected after a hard pre season and a shuffled defence. Hope montrose have another decent season and I definitely would have taken cammy at gayfield

Result was to be expected after a hard pre season and a shuffled defence. Hope montrose have another decent season and I definitely would have taken cammy at gayfield
You will be hoping TOB and little don't get injured much never rated the guy from Berwick at all last night looked nervous.

8 hours ago, afc_36_0 said:

I heard the rumour he had gone to the Smokies (after I heard the rumour he was back at the Mo).

A lot of folk are talking about Arbroath, and their recent victories, so it looks positive for the Smokies in the championship and I hope they do well. There’s no way you will do a Brechin City. Arbroath are an impressive team and the recent wins will give them a boost in confidence. 

Been quiet on this thread recently. Any rumors going about of who else SP might be bringing in? I would think a centre back must be priority with Yano getting injured now too.