Mighty Montrose FC 2019 / 2020

Anyone know who isn't signed up for next season yet whenever it does start back?.I remember seeing webby,steevsie and a few others signing contract extensions.
Dont think Flem, Lennox, Yano, Milne, Callaghan, CJ, Terry, Watson, Allan and Hawke are. I think the rest are signed up.

Dont think Flem, Lennox, Yano, Milne, Callaghan, CJ, Terry, Watson, Allan and Hawke are. I think the rest are signed up.
Goalkeeper's I'd keep Flem again to be fair and look for another keeper to keep him on his toes,I was expecting a wee bit more from Lennox and thought he would have came in and cemented his place as number 1 but he has not really done that.Saying that if he was to stay I wouldn't be against it at all he never played much before going us maybe just needs more game time.

Lewis Milne- I'd like to think I he would sign for us again seems to enjoy it and is a very handy player.

Liam Callaghan- Good squad player would keep if we couldn't get any better.

CJ- Would keep him aswell seems a likeable lad and seems to want to play for Montrose which is good.

Terry Mason + Paul Watson- Would keep these two aswell been with us through thick and thin and ate getting better the older they get!

Matty Alan- 100% keep great future in the game easy play at a higher level.

Lewis Hawke- Jury still out a bit no seen enough of him,Sp has liked him for a while so can see him staying.

Think Yano might hang up his boots now concentrate on the sideline along with Ross.Not looking for much again when it starts again 2-3 players at most I would think.

On 22/04/2020 at 15:18, GableEnder21 said:
On 22/04/2020 at 12:49, mo83 said:
Anyone know who isn't signed up for next season yet whenever it does start back?.I remember seeing webby,steevsie and a few others signing contract extensions.

Matty signed a year's extension not that long ago IIRC, so he is here until the end of next season, or whenever.

Matty signed a year's extension not that long ago IIRC, so he is here until the end of next season, or whenever.
Hopefully just 1 or 2 to tie up and sign on and strengthen the squad from their.

Will need a couple of loan signings on top of what we already have.
Cammy F and Big Sena done ok for us last season so a couple like them would be ideal.
100% Big Sena and Cammy F were fantastic loan signings.

Our main strength is at the back and in young Aidan Quinn I can see a mirror image of a young Dennis D'Arcy from back in the 1970's. Old gits like me will remember how good big Dennis was - still a great lad and proud of his Mo connections.

But, no matter how good we look at the back we have to have a significant threat up top to keep the ball in the opposition half and avoid being pushed back ourselves. So, in my opinion our priorities are still to strengthen midfield following the loss of Padge, Sena and Cammy F, though I hope the latter might come back. Certainly keep Winker and Tezza - we ain't the same without them and Callaghan is a decent squad player.

Up front I think we are yet to be convinced. I thought Rusty would be the answer but he didn't deliver for a long time. However I still think he just could be the answer and looked a better player just before the season ended. I was pleased he got his goal at Stranny, he deserved that and his disallowed goal at Falkirk was unjust. What he needs to do is put himself about a bit more, get stuck into defenders, not be as 'nice' and use his body strength more. Gets pushed out too often by wee guys!  Haven't seen enough of Lewis Hawke yet but SP is a decent judge of a player so provided we have a decent pre-season (????) he has the chance to prove himself. Get in there Lewis and show us - no pussy-footing about, show those defenders who's boss.

We have to replace Blair Lyons on the left as well. He gave us strength down that flank and although I'd still play with a back three plus two wing backs we still need a Webby type player on each wide area pushing forward.

There will be lots of players out of contract soon and although we have to be careful with finances so too do a lot of other clubs but with our Board and SP in charge I think we are well placed to take advantage.

There aren’t many who we would want to leave, and squad members I would especially like to stay are;

Dillo, Steevsie, Paul Watson, Terry, Flem, Matty, both Cammies. The Fife cousins Liam & CJ also great to have.

Lewis has talent, but we haven’t seen it for a wee while, he needs to get back to being more mental.

Rusty got of to a slow start and he still needs to prove his worth. Not sure about Lennox yet, he seems to have good and bad days.

Blair will be missed, and will be playing against us next season. 

I would like to wish a very happy second anniversary to all Mo fans near and far...

[emoji471][emoji1628][emoji471][emoji1628][emoji471][emoji1628]What a fucking day/night....[emoji460]️[emoji460]️[emoji460]️[emoji460]️[emoji460]️

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve just managed to read the Season awards on the MFC club website so firstly congrats to the winners in the various categories. For those who don’t yet know, Graham Webster got 3 awards, Blair Lyons got 2, Andy Steeves got one and Rus McLean got one.

Most awards are from the Supporters Club but one is from the players themselves (one of the 3 Webby got) and one is from the Directors (another one of Webby’s 3). Lots of kind and well deserved words from Ross Thomson the anchorman (great job Ross) and Graeme Christieson the Supporters Club Chairman (who is immense and not just physically!) and from all the players themselves.

One award not dished out though is certainly worth a mention. It’s to the Mo fans themselves who these days especially are crucial to the success we have had in the last few years. We are a small town club and always will be because we are from a small town, so what we achieve will always be relative as will our expectations.

So from me, a long distance and long time Mo fan my (extra) award this year goes to the Mo fans who have done their bit for MFC. That does not just include those from the town itself but also those who travel every season from various places in England and even Ireland and Norway. We are all part of ’The MFC Family.’ We are the Mo!

Keep well everybody whichever club you support. Respect.

• 4 weeks later...

Great business to have the core squad all signed up again for next season. Hopefully retaining the majority of the squad will give us an advantage over other teams.

With 18 signed up we will need to replace the four loannes. Our defence is undoubtedly our strongest area so I think we will need to two midfielders, a winger to replace Lyons and although we have Hawke, McLean, CJ and Campbell I feel we still need to try and find another goalscorer.

47 minutes ago, GableEnder21 said:

Great business to have the core squad all signed up again for next season. Hopefully retaining the majority of the squad will give us an advantage over other teams.

With 18 signed up we will need to replace the four loannes. Our defence is undoubtedly our strongest area so I think we will need to two midfielders, a winger to replace Lyons and although we have Hawke, McLean, CJ and Campbell I feel we still need to try and find another goalscorer.

Agree.  Be really difficult to replace Lyons but hopefully pick up another gem from the lower leagues again.  Ideally a striker who can hit 15+ goals a season but they are like not easy to pick up either.  Luckily we spread the goals through the team so it's never been too much of an issue

2 hours ago, GableEnder21 said:

Great business normally and if the season gets started reasonably early. What happens when furlough money runs out and the season does not start, then you are at a disadvantage because of the number of wages you have to fund. Fingers crossed time.

6 hours ago, Thom & Gerry said:

Great business normally and if the season gets started reasonably early. What happens when furlough money runs out and the season does not start, then you are at a disadvantage because of the number of wages you have to fund. Fingers crossed time.

To be fair to the players, they approached the board prior to the furlough scheme commencing and offered to take reduced wages in any case. Hopefully their feelings won't have changed.